DCS F-16C TOLD Calculator

RyboPops

On behalf of the Virtual 57th Wing, I am pleased to announce the DCS F-16C Viper TOLD Calculator!

ahuHaYh.png

This excel workbook will allow you to calculate the Takeoff and Landing Data (TOLD) for the DCS F-16C Viper for all conditions in which it is certified to operate in the real world. All calculations are based on data collected from T.O. GR1F-16CJ-1-1 and data from DCS World. Given the latter, updates may alter the Viper performance and I will do my best to maintain this calculator.

From the image above, you can see that the tool calculates the following information using various required user inputs (with sample output data shown for a typical departure from Nellis AFB):

• Refusal Speed
  • Rotation Speed
  • Liftoff Speed (sometimes also referred to as flyaway speed)
  • Takeoff Distance
  • Runway Remaining
  • Approach Speed
  • Landing Speed

The calculator is fairly self-explanatory, but instructions and useful notes are included. Built-in error checking functionality is also included to prevent the user from inputting values for which solutions cannot be calculated.

Y0wTJzk.png

The link to the download can be found below:

DOWNLOAD!

Known Issues

• At extreme combined operating conditions (i.e. extremely high runway elevation, extremely high temperature, and extremely high wind speed) TOLD values lose accuracy.
  • The TOLD calculator may display poorly at some resolutions and aspect ratios.

If you find any additional bugs or have any questions please post them in this thread and I will do my best to address them.

Happy takeoffs and landings!

Edited by RyboPops
Updated download link
  • Thanks 1

Version 3.2

• Minor updates to tabulated back-end data
  • Minor updates to calculations for improved accuracy under certain light tailwind conditions

Version 3.0

• Initial public release

Edited by RyboPops
Updated for latest version

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/15/2021 at 7:47 PM, Spetz said:

Thanks, but as soon as I change any field, I get field errors. using it with MS Excel. Changed the temp to 25 in this instance..

I apologize for the delay in response to this, I never saw the notification. I also recently received a report of this via discord, but unfortunately I have not been able to replicate the issue. Are you using the latest version (V3.2) in the first post? Any additional information you can provide may be helpful such as Windows version, Excel version, etc..

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2022 at 6:26 PM, RyboPops said:

I apologize for the delay in response to this, I never saw the notification. I also recently received a report of this via discord, but unfortunately I have not been able to replicate the issue. Are you using the latest version (V3.2) in the first post? Any additional information you can provide may be helpful such as Windows version, Excel version, etc..

I think there's a bunch of data tabs missing... as it's calling something that isn't there.