new to lockon .

i am fairly new to this game . i have a couple of questions.

is there a fire extingusher that i can use onboard the a10?

if i runs out of weapons , can i rearm the a10 . how?

i have a lock on key chart . but i cant seem to find any keys for the above mentioned . there is a fire extingusher button in my cockpit ?any help would be greatly apprecitated .

thanks for reading .

cheers .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i am fairly new to this game . i have a couple of questions.

is there a fire extingusher that i can use onboard the a10?

if i runs out of weapons , can i rearm the a10 . how?

i have a lock on key chart . but i cant seem to find any keys for the above mentioned . there is a fire extingusher button in my cockpit ?any help would be greatly apprecitated .

thanks for reading .

cheers .

extinguishers don't work unfortunately (not that I know of at least) but seems to work well for AI :huh:

If you want to rearm refuel you need to land on any base (However I'd avoid landing on enemy base protected with air defenses :smartass:). All you have to do is be stationary on runway or taxi or parking slot and press and hold that refuel button. Same for Rearm. Keep in mind due to AFM on Su-25's you need to have engines powered down for refuling.

No longer active in DCS...

extinguishers don't work unfortunately (not that I know of at least) but seems to work well for AI :huh:

If you want to rearm refuel you need to land on any base (However I'd avoid landing on enemy base protected with air defenses :smartass:). All you have to do is be stationary on runway or taxi or parking slot and press and hold that refuel button. Same for Rearm. Keep in mind due to AFM on Su-25's you need to have engines powered down for refuling.

thanks for the reply . to bad about the fire extingushers . i usually gets a fire first , then hydrlic failure . i guess i will have to work through that .

if i am reading you right , the ''R'' key , is for both refueling and re-arming ?

again , thanks for the reply . its a great game , but lots to learn .

cheers .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Refuel and rearm do not have same key command. Refuel and DumpFuel do (depending if you're airborne you will dump fuel, and if you're grounded you'll refuel) I think Rearm is same command for JettisonWeapons (again they depend on wether you're airborne or grounded)

I can't remember what these commands were as I use switch for refuel/dumpfuel and programmed HOTAS for Rearm/JettisonWeapons

• Like 1

Refuel and rearm do not have same key command. Refuel and DumpFuel do (depending if you're airborne you will dump fuel, and if you're grounded you'll refuel) I think Rearm is same command for JettisonWeapons (again they depend on wether you're airborne or grounded)

I can't remember what these commands were as I use switch for refuel/dumpfuel and programmed HOTAS for Rearm/JettisonWeapons

ive got it . jettison weapons . i guess i was looking for re-arm .

ctrl +w . thats the keys i need .

again , thanks for the info .

now , if i just could avoid catching on fire , i just may be able to make it to a nearby airport to rearm . ha ha .

cheers again .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can repair also. Not sure of exactly how, but I've found that if I park up, turn engines off, open the canopy and wait for about 3 minutes my damage is repaired.

thanks for that info .

ill be sure to give that a try .

ill need repairs , i can count on it . for sure .

cheers .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi!

One thing that IS modeled well is that if you catch fire in, say, one engine, and you turn off that engine in flight (with the proper keys), you may end up extinguishing that very fire... But you will need to trim and use your rudder pedals extremely to limp pack to base with only one engine in use!!!

You also may like to know that if you land at an airbase with damage (whatever extent), if you park, turn off the engines and wait (a couple minutes is enough), your damage gets healed and you can rearm (CTL-W and re-fuel CTL-R (push several times or hold until full) and take-off again with a clean plane!!!

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

To repair you don't need to open canopy, you just need to stop, have engines turned off and not touch anything for about 4-5min and you will repair. It will also work if you're off the runway, taxi or parking but near enough to base (don't know how far it works though)

i just finished a a10 mission . my first one . thanks to your help , i did manage to re-arm and refuel . i also found out that my wingmen were a great asset . i really thing you need alot of patience with this game . sure , at first , i used the custom settings , inmortality, unlimited weapons , unlimited fuel and such . that was just getting use to the game , so to speak . it was fun , blowing up , everything in sight , but not as much fun as completeing a mission ,and returning home , in one peice , knowing that the outcome could have been somewhat different . this is a fantastic game . hats off to all the modders also .

and again , thanks for your help with my questions .

cheers again .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can repair also. Not sure of exactly how, but I've found that if I park up, turn engines off, open the canopy and wait for about 3 minutes my damage is repaired.

For repair you have to:

1. roll off the runway to a parking position or at least

close to it

2. Turn off engines and leave the canopy Closed

3. After 3 minutes your canopy will flip open wich indicates that

Small invisible gnomes have repaired your Airframe and your

good to go again.

But if you open your canopy sooner, you can hop out and get a nice cup of tea :thumbup:

If those Small Invisible Gnomes aka Ground-Crew are up to scratch you should already have a flask at hand........:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh, you got the Gnome edition, thats nice, you should really upgrade though, I have a bevvy of Hot Babes service me when I land.:D

"....that's Nice....":megalol:

No Doubt the Revered yet Mystical Patch 1.12 S/E/X/Y, no?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh, you got the Gnome edition, thats nice, you should really upgrade though, I have a bevvy of Hot Babes service me when I land.:D

After 3 minutes your canopy will flip open wich indicates that Small invisible gnomes have repaired your Airframe and your good to go again.

Well we know where the military budgets are higher than usual now don't we. :thumbup: