Litening Completion

hein22

So after so many good news in DCS I was wondering about last hornet mini update and see what others think. "Litening Targeting Pod will not include updates for LTD/R and LST (laser), automatic laser illumination, OFFSET cursor and AA mods. The features will be delivered with update for June 3rd." I don't know what to expect of that. What updates are left on the laser? What is offset cursor? What other things would come tomorrow? What do you guys think?

Stay safe

Tomorrow it will be completed. On 3rd June it will be "over completed"

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The LTD/R updates I assume would be some kind of auto lase mode, but Im not too sure. What I hope comes tomorrow are the coordinates and north marker in the Display.

Yeah, me too. What other things can we actually expect? There was really not much left. I hope HOTAS gets updated too, TGP current hotas are missing stuff but are not public.

Stay safe

Wouldn't Mark Points be considered a part of the Navigation System, and not the TGP?
IRL yes, the TPOD would just be one way of creating them. But they're part of the INS system.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It'd also be nice if the issue where transferring TDC priority to the FLIR page changes the tracking mode, was also fixed.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hopefully the Laser burnout times are being looked at while they are working on the pod.

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

See a post from Wags a while back:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4268260&postcount=23

He quotes additional features to be: ''laser range, freeze, gray scale, adjust declutter, enable reticle toggle, attitude indicator, automatic level and gain controls, correct some of the reticles, INR tracking, offset cursor, new HOTAS functions, and the air-to-air mode.''

My guess is that we'll be getting whatever of those the lastest mini-update didn't mention.

I.e freeze, gray scale, adjust declutter, enable reticle toggle, attitude indicator, automatic level and gain controls, correct some of the reticles, INR tracking, and possibly new HOTAS functions?

This is somewhat wishful thinking, but it's all we've got to go with at the moment. We surely need a Time to impact indication and a LTD/R indication that flashes. Maybe that's still to come?

Hope that helps and proves to be accurate tomorrow.

See a post from Wags a while back:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4268260&postcount=23

He quotes additional features to be: ''laser range, freeze, gray scale, adjust declutter, enable reticle toggle, attitude indicator, automatic level and gain controls, correct some of the reticles, INR tracking, offset cursor, new HOTAS functions, and the air-to-air mode.''

My guess is that we'll be getting whatever of those the lastest mini-update didn't mention.

I.e freeze, gray scale, adjust declutter, enable reticle toggle, attitude indicator, automatic level and gain controls, correct some of the reticles, INR tracking, and possibly new HOTAS functions?

This is somewhat wishful thinking, but it's all we've got to go with at the moment. We surely need a Time to impact indication and a LTD/R indication that flashes. Maybe that's still to come?

Hope that helps and proves to be accurate tomorrow.

Good finding, thanks! New hotas functions would be awesome! I think TTI are in the HUD already?

Stay safe

Will we see the TGP marker in the HMD and HUD? And can the TGP be slaved to the HMD, HUD, SAD, (AG/AA RADAR=> Not in tomorrows update) etc.?

Hi Topper, there is no HUD LOS marker for the TGP in the hornet lot 20 we have. For the HMD yes. The TGP can be slaved to whatever source can create a TGT, simple as that. Hope it helps

Stay safe

how can it be possible? now we can't see where we are slewing, I just randomly hit lock button to see where actually my tgp is looking. Is this realistic?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi Topper, there is no HUD LOS marker for the TGP in the hornet lot 20 we have. For the HMD yes. The TGP can be slaved to whatever source can create a TGT, simple as that. Hope it helps

Thanks!

I don't know what's a LOS marker, but so we will never see the point where the TGP is looking to in the HUD as in the A-10C's HUD? Or will we see that point but we just cannot move it if the HUD is SOI?

how can it be possible? now we can't see where we are slewing, I just randomly hit lock button to see where actually my tgp is looking. Is this realistic?
There is mode now that slaves the tgp exactly to the velocity vector marker on the hud. You can use that already.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Thanks!

I don't know what's a LOS marker, but so we will never see the point where the TGP is looking to in the HUD as in the A-10C's HUD? Or will we see that point but we just cannot move it if the HUD is SOI?

We will never see where the TGP is looking in the HUD, just like a real Hornet pilot couldn't when the lot20 was in service. You have VVSL that serves the same purpose.

Stay safe

I am so hoping mark points are implemented soon. ED doesn't realize how much it will improve the Hornet experience from a lot of points of view, not only TGP.

That and offset WP/TCN... I mean, markpoints are the A-10C's second best weapon right after the gun. The Hornet's gun is very far from being as good. You can think of what this would mean then rainbowdashwink.png

They do, although as the poll suggested people don't like features that have acronyms as names. AzEL, MUMI, etc

Well, they could have explained at least a bit which they didn't. Tried to read up on things by myself only to face the survey being closed after just a few days, and I even did ask the moderators if they knew about a time limit on that thing, without getting any kind of answer. So my votes aren't even in there because I dared to care instead of just hammering in something and took too long to get enlightened (with quite some knowledge still to be gotten).

I know that AZ/EL has to do something with azimuth and elevation, but that's all about it; my wild and uneducated guess though is that it points out things on the radar in some sort of "first person view" as seen out of the 'pit. I read the Neightops from A to Z when the module was fresh and new and we didn't have CASE 1.16 yet, but that doesn't cover the pages relevant to weapons employment since those parts are not publicly available, so I still don't know what that page does. How could I rank my preference for it, based on "dunno"?

MUMI OTOH was a 10 for me, since it has to do with the data cartridge if I'm not completely mistaken. Very important especially since Wags already said in 2018 that they'd been working on it already.

BTW regarding the laser and burning out etc, I always was under the impression that it was a hold to shoot trigger and not latching since this is what Wags described it to behave like in his academics. I hope this will change accordingly, with latching being an option.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg