ILS bars not showing up and other questions

lukas_lb

Hey there! After many years I finally learn how to fly the A-10c. At the moment I try to land with bad sight with tacan and ILS.

To know where I want to land I use the divert menu in the cdu and choose an airport to come to the FLDINFO page. Then I want to set my radio right for the ATC but I just get a short number as APP or TWR, not the VHF frequency I am looking for. EG Batumi says APP and TWR = 4.250 instead of 131.00. How do I get the VHF frequency? Next I want to set my path manually to the right degree for the runway so I can find the right way with tacan. The CDU says batumi has a runway 13 and 31. How do I get the right degree without looking at the F10 menu with the information from the CDU?

After finding the airport with tacan I set up ILS with the right numbers and power it on and switching to ILS navigation mode. I hear the beeping sounds and I see the horizontal arrow while landing, but I do not get the yellow bars to help me landing. Just the arrow (see picture attached). Do I miss something here?

Sorry for all the questions, its so much fun to learn!

Kind Regards,

Lukas

ILS.thumb.jpg.2611d3a3e671afa5379a532ad721a5ea.jpg

The yellow bars are not for ILS the are only PTR Pitch/Bank Steering Bars.

ADI Adittude Indicator left side is the Glidslope

Localizer deviation bar is on the HSI Horizontal situation indicator

If you need the Deviation bars there is a switch

2020-may-19-001.jpg

2020-may-19-003.jpg

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

her you can watch my IFR training in NTTR

Edited by Thomas Loeffelmann

To know where I want to land I use the divert menu in the cdu and choose an airport to come to the FLDINFO page. Then I want to set my radio right for the ATC but I just get a short number as APP or TWR, not the VHF frequency I am looking for. EG Batumi says APP and TWR = 4.250 instead of 131.00. How do I get the VHF frequency?

A-10C's divert info got messed up when ED added additional airport frequencies for the WWII aircraft.

If it's a landing waypoint, radio frequencies are listed at the bottom of the briefing (LAlt+B), otherwise open the F10 map and click on the airfield to call up it's data.

Next I want to set my path manually to the right degree for the runway so I can find the right way with tacan. The CDU says batumi has a runway 13 and 31. How do I get the right degree without looking at the F10 menu with the information from the CDU?

You can't. It's F10 map/ruler or kneeboard chart.

After finding the airport with tacan I set up ILS with the right numbers and power it on and switching to ILS navigation mode. I hear the beeping sounds and I see the horizontal arrow while landing, but I do not get the yellow bars to help me landing. Just the arrow (see picture attached). Do I miss something here?

There's a stow switch just below the HSI for the ADI's yellow "flight director" steering bars.

It's likely that as you can hear the ID and glide slope/localizer indications look good.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Try these charts done by the 476th (be aware that TWR frequencies have 0.1 added to the ingame frequencies in these publications, which is also stated on the first page).

They got similar documents for the other DCS maps (Georgia, Russia, Nevade, UAE/Oman Flight Info Pubs). (thanks a lot for putting this online btw guys. These charts and your stuff in general are really apprechiated)

Using a pdf to jpg/png web service you can also convert these documents for use as kneeboard pages.

I also recommend to dig through their other publications, imho best stuff for learning the A-10C properly - CAF A-10C or the TACAN/HSI for example.

Edited by Kailux

Gone for good.

I recommend to read page 116 of the manual:

10 .Pitch and Roll Bar Switch.

The switch labeled PTR enables you to display or stow the

pitch and roll steering bars on the ADI and the course warning flag.

Setting this switch to ABLE enables them to be shown and setting the switch to STOW disables them unless TISL or FM homing are active.