After Free For All month....

Mizzy

Which aircraft/product have you decided to buy ?

I bought the Supercarrier, it's really exciting and reminds me of when I got 'flight deck' a toy featuring a model of a F4 on rails and you had to land on a cardboard carrier deck with a nylon string acting as the thingy you have to catch on landing. I have bought the F18 but can't land it on a carrier as yet but since I don't fight or anything, this is a brilliant addition for some of us who prefer to do other things in DCS.

I also bought the JF17 cos it's brilliant.

Mizzy

I tried out a lot of the American aircraft (F-86, F-5, F-18, AV-8, and UH-1). Ended up buying the P-51, F-16, Super Carrier, WWII Assets, and Persian Gulf. A friend of mine also gifted me the F-18, F-15, and NTTR.

I did like the F86 and F5, but liked the Hornet and Viper a lot more. Harrier was too much for me to handle well (very complicated and the lessons are kinda confusing). I can see buying the F-86 and F-5 down the road. My lack of rudder pedals led to hardships while attempting to fly the Huey. That is a down the road purchase as well once I get better hardware.

The time with these modules also spurred me to build a head tracking setup with an LED head clip and a modified PSEye camera. I now need a new SSD because I don't have the room to install some of the modules.

A big thank you to ED for the awesome trial and sale month!! :cheer3nc:

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

I purchased the Fw-190A8 and the Yak-52 at ED, plus a couple of Campaigns at Steam ... my next purchase will be the P-47 when it appears, hopefully there will be a pre-release offer.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

From April 19 to May 19: | AV-8B | MiG-21bis | MiG-19 Farmer | Combined Arms | I-16 |

The Delay of Supercarrier was pure Evil GENIUS Marketing! If it had come out on time I probably would only have got the Harrier.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Which aircraft/product have you decided to buy ?

None whatsoever. What the free for all proved to me is that I already own all the aircraft I really want. Paying for the others to try them for a short time, think "hmmm, that's nice", and then never use them again, is not only a waste of money, but worse, an incentive to ED to produce stuff I don't want.

Improvements to the base game, many of which have been repeatedly requested for years on the Wish List forums, I'd be happy to pay for.

The Supercarrier and F-16 I would ordinarily want. But they both seem to be at such an early stage of development, that I think I'll wait until they're much closer to completion.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hornet + Gulf map

I had more plans and several planes on the list but as the time passed I realized that they are either unfinished, bugged, I already have similar plane(s) in my inventory or they are too autistic as they have no counterparts in the DCS inventory or for that type of plane it is better to play other simulator. Thus Harrier, Mig-19, F-16 and some propellers were removed from my shopping cart.

Viggen is in the train for now if there is any sale on DCS or Steam in future.

P.S. I also realized that M.2 NVME SSD disk is gaming-wise better investment than ~2 new modules while I have already several for which I have no time to play. :thumbup:

I have completed purchases in april after 10-15 days testing all of aircraft and I got:

1. Normandy

2. WW2 Assets

3. F-16

4. Fw-190 A-8

5. Fw-190 D-9

6. Bf109 K-4

and I wish I could get Mi-8, Mig19 and Ka-50

Maybe I manage to snatch 1 of those 3 through extended Steam sale (till 28th) still thinking about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought the AV-8B and Supercarrier, although I don't own the F-14 nor the F-18 yet.

I am waiting for the Tomcat to be on sale now.

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

I finally had the chance to thoroughly test the Harrier, an airframe I've always liked, IRL.

In the end, despite it not being the version I really wanted (I'd like to have the B+), having an indisputable amount of bugs and features still missing, I decided that it was worth buying at half the price, since it's usable, both in SP and MP, even if it's not on par with the other full fidelity modules, and it offers something unique, with its VSTOL flight.

Unfortunately, the free trial also gave me the opportunity to try even other modules, including the choppers, which I have always shun,as if they were a plague! So, now I own a Huey, and I'm having fun whirling around in it... the only things I miss are a hot, humid, southeastern asiatic jungle and a lot of Charlies to shoot... :D

I hope that future sales will always have a free trial period attached, since I believe it's really convenient to be able to test the product before buying it.

I bought the F18 before the freebies, and to be honest haven’t had time to check anything else out as been having too much fun with that!

Bought Persian Gulf and Supercarrier though while in the sale, and I’ll probably get the F14 in time.

When is Supercarrier released? (I’m on OB)

Kept the Harrier and the C-101.

I was on the fence for the JF17 and Mig15 + 19 as well but, next on wish-list is the F-14 ... just waiting for the next discount ^^

The I-16 and Yak-52 were interesting and fun little thingies to fly tho ... Thanks again for the opportunity ED !

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

I dont buy nothing XD. But wait this month = smoke Layer for see the updates in the modules i bought months ago. Today im optimist, i hope i will be happy at the end of the day.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Bought UH-1H, F/A-18C, Supercarrier and NS430 for my son.

The F/A-18C was a direct result of the free fly as he was able to see if he liked it and revisiting it, I could see it had matured to level worth the purchase.

The Supercarrier is a riskier purchase but the preview videos look promising i.e. dev support for non-core modules such as the NS430, YAK-52, Combined Arms, PG, etc. has been very weak after their initial sale and are often "minimal viable products" on release ...

Also picked up the UH-1H "Worlds Apart" campaign for myself but won't try playing it until the next patch drops and user reports are positive (most of my campaigns are still broken to a lesser or greater extent in 2.5.6.47404).

Edited by Ramsay
Remembered I picked up a campaign for myself

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Nothing, of what i still do not own i liked the F5 and the KA50 but decided i will wait for black shark 3 and that i cannot decide between the jug and the kiowa but will prob buy both THE MINUTE THEY GO EA!!!!! lol

Also picked up the UH-1H "Worlds Apart" campaign for myself but won't try playing it until the next patch drops and user reports are positive (most of my campaigns are still broken to a lesser or greater extent in 2.5.6.47404).

Flew the first mission the other day and it is very good though bug squashing is still an ongoing process. Hopefully after todays OB patch that will start to move forward :thumbup: