Could you disable the FLOLS

hawa0835

Asking the same question 2 Weeks after : I want to disable the FLOLS ! How can i ?

signature%20giat%203rd.jpg

"Si je disposais de six heures pour abattre un arbre, je consacrerais les quatre premières heures à aiguiser ma hache. " Abraham LINCOLN

In another thread it was posted by astazou:

If you want to remove the FLOLS overlay which pops in your cockpit just before landing:

- close DCS

- go here C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\Supercarrier\PLATCameraUI

- open FLOLS.lua in admin mod (with Notepad++ for example)

- line 41, replace "FLOLS:setVisible(val)" by "FLOLS:setVisible(false)"

- save, close and restart DCS

And put "false" to "val" to revert

It may not pass the IC

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

I’ve tried to drag it in an angle of the screen, but in the next landing it was still in the same position.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

I thought the FLOLS was a great idea when it first came out, but I too will be removing it. I don't know what they were thinking by making it analog instead of individual lights/lenses that are either on or off. As it stands right now it's way too easy mode seeing the indicator make such minor movements. Hopefully someone makes a mod for it to look like the real lights.

Also should not be visible from 5 miles out in fog, LOL. >_>