LotAtc - Official post

signature.png

demo-general.png

LotAtc is a client + server software witch is connected with DCS and provide users to get an ATC/CGI view of the battle.

Play the role of a tactical or air traffic controller and provide help to human pilots so that they better accomplish their missions, by radioing them a picture or guidance instructions!

See LotAtc explained by Tactical Pascale:

More on https://www.lotatc.com

Edited by DArt
update

Great! Thanks ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DArt,

I recently bought a licence for LotATC and so far I'm loving it. However, I did notice two issues:

1) The course indicator on the PAR display seems to be off. When an aircraft is exactly on centerline, it is still displayed a bit to the right off course. I tested this with Al Dhafra, Al-Bateen and Abu Dhabi. Interestingly, you are displayed right off course if you fly an approach to RWY 31R, but also right off course if you fly an approach to the reciprocal RWY 13L.

2) A similar problem occurs with PAR approaches to carriers (I am not sure if this is the same problem as above), where you are also indicated to be right off course when in fact you are on the final bearing.

I have attached some screenshots to illustrate the problem. This was in a no-wind situation.

CV1.2nmPAR.thumb.jpg.cef2c994b3b65c4254ca6c9e938de125.jpg

CV2.5nmPAR.thumb.jpg.a8a0f5958f34c138798029cf44382f67.jpg

Field3.5nmPAR.thumb.jpg.b396a241d0ff355c8df30ca41f827426.jpg

Field7nmPAR.thumb.jpg.effdbc6c3a6e90b51ef6b793de967633.jpg

CV1.2nmHUD.thumb.jpg.e4539526dd136e8294e05ce58875b4fb.jpg

CV2.5nmHUD.thumb.jpg.ef612d976678cbc9e59b43584ec06ffb.jpg

Field3.5nmHUD.thumb.jpg.bb1a35d158aa552732bc524ccde518c0.jpg

Field7nmHUD.thumb.jpg.0cc804e19ef1509ab328026f12f29bf9.jpg

Edited by Bestandskraft

Hey DArt,

I recently bought a licence for LotATC and so far I'm loving it. However, I did notice two issues:

1) The course indicator on the PAR display seems to be off. When an aircraft is exactly on centerline, it is still displayed a bit to the right off course. I tested this with Al Dhafra, Al-Bateen and Abu Dhabi. Interestingly, you are displayed right off course if you fly an approach to RWY 31R, but also right off course if you fly an approach to the reciprocal RWY 13L.

2) A similar problem occurs with PAR approaches to carriers (I am not sure if this is the same problem as above), where you are also indicated to be right off course when in fact you are on the final bearing.

I have attached some screenshots to illustrate the problem. This was in a no-wind situation.

Thanks for reporting and screenshots !

For 2/ Carriers, I have fix that, a patch will be released next weeks that fix the problems.:thumbup:

For 1/, I will check that! :book:

Hey DArt, both problems persist in build 717f0013.

To help you narrow down the issue, the "aircraft displayed right off centerline" does not only affect the PAR view, but also the normal tactical view when the range circles and the green runway extension line are enabled.

Cheers.

Hey DArt, both problems persist in build 717f0013.

To help you narrow down the issue, the "aircraft displayed right off centerline" does not only affect the PAR view, but also the normal tactical view when the range circles and the green runway extension line are enabled.

Cheers.

Yes, I fix some errors with carriers approaches when carrier turns, all the PAR was totally bad (inverted, not following carrier headings...)

For the precise adjustments, that is something very complex to find and fix, some troubles between DCS and LotAtc angles computation. As you said, it concerns all angles everywhere. I think that is related to the difference between flat earth model of DCS and real model used by LotAtc but not yet sure.... This a little difference, but with PAR it is more visible :)

I hope to fix that but it is really not an easy task.:doh::book:

Hi DArt

I have installed LotATC 2.0.03 server only, and It doesn't work.

Configurator shows a red light and a warning message: Status Error. LotATC is badly installed (step 1/5)

I used the installer program for deploy it, no changes made from me.

How should I fix this?

Thanks

Hi DArt

I have installed LotATC 2.0.03 server only, and It doesn't work.

Configurator shows a red light and a warning message: Status Error. LotATC is badly installed (step 1/5)

I used the installer program for deploy it, no changes made from me.

How should I fix this?

Thanks

Do you have last OB of tonight DCS 2.5.6.50726 Open Beta ? If yes, DCS has changed something in this patch that break LotAtc, no solution yet....

LotAtc 2.0.4 released for LotAtc Server (fix for last OB update) / LotAtc Client / LotAtc Configurator.

I want to thanks ED for their help on this fix!

WARNING: LotAtc server has moved from mods/tech to mods/services Installer will do the job but you have to move manually all users files as config.custom.lua !!!

This patch is compatible in both way for server/client with previous 2.0.x versions.

LotAtc Configurator will only manage correctly LotAtc Server installed in mods/services now.

Thanks all for your patience !

Nice work on getting a patch for the patch out. Unfortunately, there still seems to be some residual issues. The mod is installed without complaint; it's in the right location; it shows up in the DCS mod list and on the special screen; it even seems to load and allows clients to connect to it…

…but I don't seem to be able to pick any profiles on the Special page. The drop-down is completely empty and by the look of it, it just applies a default show-everything display (i.e no filtering at all).

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Thanks for reporting!

Waiting a fix for that you can edit Mods/services/LotAtc/Options/optionsDb.lua and change:

local user_profiles = lfs.writedir() .. 'Mods\\tech\\LotAtc\\profiles'
to

local user_profiles = lfs.writedir() .. 'Mods\\services\\LotAtc\\profiles'

I will make a patch for that in next days.... I forgot to change the path there :)

Edited by DArt

Thanks! I'll check that out and report back (unless you manage to push it out first). :)

e: Yes, that was quick and seems to have done the trick.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Yes, I fix some errors with carriers approaches when carrier turns, all the PAR was totally bad (inverted, not following carrier headings...)

For the precise adjustments, that is something very complex to find and fix, some troubles between DCS and LotAtc angles computation. As you said, it concerns all angles everywhere. I think that is related to the difference between flat earth model of DCS and real model used by LotAtc but not yet sure.... This a little difference, but with PAR it is more visible :)

I hope to fix that but it is really not an easy task.:doh::book:

Hey DArt, just did some further testing.

In the Caucasus map, the PAR azimuth is PERFECT! Even for CV approaches, the azimuth is close enough to be usable.

However, in Nevada, the aircraft is displayed LEFT of centerline when perfectly aligned, so it's the opposite from Persian Gulf.

So it seems it must be a problem not generally with differences in earth model, but with a PAR view incompatibility between LotATC and the Nevada and Persian Gulf theaters. Could it be that the LotATC PAR scope is using the magnetic variation in Caucasus also for Nevada and Persian Gulf?

This seems likely because magnetic variation is about 1.5 E for Persian Gulf, 7.0 E for Caucasus, and 12.0 E for Nevada, so Caucasus is right in the "middle".

By the way, there seems to be no discrepancy with coordinates generally: In the airport view in Persian Gulf, I can see aircraft taxiing at the correct locations, so the problem only seems to affect the PAR view.

Thanks for this complete report ! Very helpful!

I am agree, aircraft position are good but the problem comes from angles, I have not yet where the difference comes from, but I will spend time on it in next days!

Hey DArt, just did some further testing.

In the Caucasus map, the PAR azimuth is PERFECT! Even for CV approaches, the azimuth is close enough to be usable.

However, in Nevada, the aircraft is displayed LEFT of centerline when perfectly aligned, so it's the opposite from Persian Gulf.

So it seems it must be a problem not generally with differences in earth model, but with a PAR view incompatibility between LotATC and the Nevada and Persian Gulf theaters. Could it be that the LotATC PAR scope is using the magnetic variation in Caucasus also for Nevada and Persian Gulf?

This seems likely because magnetic variation is about 1.5 E for Persian Gulf, 7.0 E for Caucasus, and 12.0 E for Nevada, so Caucasus is right in the "middle".

By the way, there seems to be no discrepancy with coordinates generally: In the airport view in Persian Gulf, I can see aircraft taxiing at the correct locations, so the problem only seems to affect the PAR view.

Good news, 2.0.6 seems to have fixed the PAR azimuth error for airfields. Good work DArt! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, for carriers the deviation is still present. I have attached a comparison between a carrier approach in Caucasus (little deviation) and Persian Gulf (big deviation). Hopefully it helps you track down the issue.

cockpit_C.thumb.jpg.d2f51752a7f23dc78022a8acb962db7f.jpg

PAR_C.thumb.jpg.1e4f14d71062b8189a06517e23ea5fc9.jpg

cockpit_PG.thumb.jpg.8f8235b9a4182d9071a849bb0b44f3c4.jpg

PAR_PG.thumb.jpg.eb9035bc115f7aa1e7403f15f226dc8e.jpg

Good news, 2.0.6 seems to have fixed the PAR azimuth error for airfields. Good work DArt! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, for carriers the deviation is still present. I have attached a comparison between a carrier approach in Caucasus (little deviation) and Persian Gulf (big deviation). Hopefully it helps you track down the issue.

Great, I like moving step by step ;)

I will fix carrier now, again thanks for your feedback/tests !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DArt, small question.

I have created the following code for an overlay circle:

{
           "author": "Bestandskraft",
           "brushStyle": 1,
           "center_x": 56.3508333333333,
           "center_y": 25.1,
           "color": "#ff000000",
           "colorBg": "#33000000",
           "id": "{ff29daa9-7fd7-4f8f-b0a8-48eee8bb9cae}",
           "lineWidth": 1,
           "name": "TEST",
           "radius": 12345,
           "shared": false,
           "timestamp": "",
           "type": "circle"
},

Which radius do I have to enter so that it is exactly 20 nm? In other word, which unit do you use for the radius?

It is not meters, because the circle is much too small when entering 37040. I initially though it might be yards, but even with 40507.4365704287 the circle seems to be a little bit too small.

Hey DArt, small question.

It is not meters, because the circle is much too small when entering 37040. I initially though it might be yards, but even with 40507.4365704287 the circle seems to be a little bit too small.

Is is in meter but yes, there is a bug, it will be fixed with my drawing rework in next months. If I fix the bug now, it will break all existing json files... I decided to let that until the big rework :)

For those miss it, LotAtc 2.2 branch is now stable and support DCS 2.7,

Main features:

• new map engine with a new unified view (airport view is completly integrated in main view now)
  • Can open multiple views with filter different for each
  • new draw engine
  • better transponder
  • new classification
  • more interaction with DCS (mission list, DCS flag management)
  • Support for common directory for profiles/config for LotAtc Server
  • Better carrier support (carrier display, onboard number support)
  • Snapping tool

see the complete post here: https://www.lotatc.com/website/2021/04/09/2.2.0.html

• Thanks 1

With the advent of the new drawing engine, CombatFlite's exports are becoming more obviously archaic than ever, and nav points and text labels in particular become rather awful. I've found a workaround for it and made it into a guide for your enjoyment!

• Like 1

Torun_signature.png