DTOS / TOSS Profile and walkthrough

Shrike88

Looking forwards to testing and using DTOS functions on the UFC, hopefully can start building some more intricate and in depth weapons profiles and flight plans, bringing back days of old BMS using DED and Weapons Delivery Planner Profiles.

Is there any information on setting up the Mrad / and how to impliment the DTOS features on the AS page ? HUD Symbology is that similar to the F-16 ? OA1 / OA1 , action points etc ?

Or is it simple AUTO modes type CCRP settings ?

Diagrams avail using MRad Not sure exactly or how to use that with weaponeering

I Saw the walkthrough (Thanks UBoats ! )

set DTOS/DIR DEP in DATA -> AS page, default 120 mrad (~ 6 degrees) to fpm;

set HUD as SOI;

set bomb mode to DTOS in SMS page;

set other bomb params in SMS page;

use HUD DTOS cross to designate for WCS, (press and hold weapon launch key when DTOS cross on target)

follow CCRP bombing solution cue, wait bombs auto launch

However just wondering difference between DTOS/ DIR DEP, and exactly what it produces when augmenting these inputs. Guessing MRAD is loft or impact angle ?

Thanks !

Screen_200520_015049.thumb.png.5817bc11a595ac8e0f9d1bb0b0d714de.png

TOSS_VIP_Right.thumb.jpg.c8ffa685a241c3eca2bbefc5b6205b72.jpg

Edited by Shrike88

Excited to try this.

Where is that walkthrough?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

IIRC, DTOS works quite like the combination of F-16 DTOS and the SU27 CCIP->CCRP process , the DATA page can define the relative position of the aimming cross.

After the attack point is set, it works as the AUTO mode.

DIR mode is like the manual mode, no WCS support, release data is pre calculated.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Anyone luck DTOS with mk83s? Can’t seem to get them to release.

Also how to designate a WP if say we wanted to toss Over WP36 (pp1) . Does it auto select, we just need to wait for the fix? Couldn’t get mine to release using that either.

1.Select DTOS on SMS

2.Set DATA->AS->DTOS if required.

3.Select HUD has SOI(should be auto select in later patch)

4.Fly your plane, place the aimming cross onto your intended target, and press WPN RELEASE(not the TDC depress).

5.WCS will set CCRP release for the aimming point, drop the bomb just like in the AUTO mode(Bomb fall line will be added in later patch) .

1.Select DTOS on SMS

2.Set DATA->AS->DTOS if required.

3.Select HUD has SOI(should be auto select in later patch)

4.Fly your plane, place the aimming cross onto your intended target, and press WPN RELEASE(not the TDC depress).

5.WCS will set CCRP release for the aimming point, drop the bomb just like in the AUTO mode(Bomb fall line will be added in later patch) .

Correct I did this however with pitch up, it won't release the mk83. Would it be because the weapon release parameter limitations for ccip and ccrp were copied over to DTOS?

Correct I did this however with pitch up, it won't release the mk83. Would it be because the weapon release parameter limitations for ccip and ccrp were copied over to DTOS?

It should be the same limitation of AUTO. Bomb fall line will be added in later patch, for now , listen to the release cue and hold wpn release button.

If you have too much deviation, Wcs may not allow the release.

It should be the same limitation of AUTO. Bomb fall line will be added in later patch, for now , listen to the release cue and hold wpn release button.

If you have too much deviation, Wcs may not allow the release.

Will Test further and upload Trk

• 3 months later...

@uboats was the BFL ever added to DTOS correctly ? Is this mode considered finished ? Also Loft/TOSS and VIP ?

Just curious if these are considered finished, or going to be implemented for the module ?

Thanks

Edited by Shrike88
Spelling