FPS thread

ebabil

So how is your fps with the SC?

Mine;

CVn-74 Stennis: 55-75

Supercarrier: 36-55

Also, Kuznetsov's legendary smoke seems to affect fps bad

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So how is your fps with the SC?

Mine;

CVn-74 Stennis: 55-75

Supercarrier: 36-55

Also, Kuznetsov's legendary smoke seems to affect fps bad

Low FPS on deck, but it is logical, I have a GTX1060 and 16GB

30 fps in the supercarrier, 70 fps in the open sea, 50 fps in the rest of the stage.

Default high settings.

Edited by La Unión | Atazar

just below 60 on deck, hopefully they can optimise more because weaker rigs are gonna struggle

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

Mid 40's on deck in the F14

AMD 5800X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, AMD 6900xt, Windows 11, Quest 3.

F15E, AH-64, F/A18C, F-14, Super Carrier, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, AV-8B, FW190, C101, F-15C, Mi8MTV2, SU-33, SU-27, M-2000C, AJS-37, KA-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E, F-86F, Spitfire, Persian Gulf, Normandy, NTTR.

So... I applaud your posts and all :)... but unless we have a comparison we can't really compare :).

Just posting the stat by itself doesn't really mean anything.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Need to do a little more testing (at 1440p) but I'm showing a 40-45fps hit. Custom mission with same static aircraft in the same location on both the Stennis and the Roosevelt. Both carriers are on the same map out of sight of each other. In the Hornet running looking back from cat 1 at the tower. It's a FPS hit but still playable since I usually play at 1080p. High textures, water, visibility. Medium & Flat Shadows. 2x MSAA, 4xAO. The statics I used was the F/A-18A, F-14A and the E-3. 14 total on deck and 2 tugs near the tower. No NPC traffic.

Stennis: 116fps

Roosevelt: 71fps

Ryzen 5800x|B550|32gb|EVGA RTX 3080

|Rift S|G2|VKB-GF3|Virpil CM3 

So... I applaud your posts and all :)... but unless we have a comparison we can't really compare :).

Just posting the stat by itself doesn't really mean anything.

And if you’re comparing it to the previous open beta or the stable. I think a lot of people are going to come over from stable simply for the carrier and gonna be mad.

Need to do a little more testing (at 1440p) but I'm showing a 40-45fps hit. Custom mission with same static aircraft in the same location on both the Stennis and the Roosevelt. Both carriers are on the same map out of sight of each other. In the Hornet running looking back from cat 1 at the tower. It's a FPS hit but still playable since I usually play at 1080p. High textures, water, visibility. Medium & Flat Shadows. 2x MSAA, 4xAO. The statics I used was the F/A-18A, F-14A and the E-3. 14 total on deck and 2 tugs near the tower. No NPC traffic.

Stennis: 116fps

Roosevelt: 71fps

What if they’re both loaded in within a couple miles of each other? Enough that the LOD is lowered but they’re still drawn. Gotta figure out if it’s mainly an “on deck” issue or if just flying past is gonna wreck people.

In VR,

30-40 on deck during day on the dark and cold mission that came with the carrier..

Worst hit is after the landing in the case 3 miz, can go down to 18-20 due to night lighting and crowded deck.

Still need to test with own mission and a bit less crap on deck...

Also, it looks like it's the island that is draining the perfs, lots of new polygon there. And crew and details inside....

On cat 1 or 2 for a launch, I get 40-45fps, all normal there to enjoy the fabulous deck crew animation...

Besides of the carrier, this update smooth things out and I generally have a more fluid and smooth experience overall in Georgia! An increase of 4-5 fps here and there is always welcome... Great job!

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

FPS thread

Surprisingly I’ve got a lower end system and I’m on vr but I was getting 40 on the takeoff mission and mid 30s when I went external view and looked back at the deck. Didn’t have a chance to do more than load it and see the FPS though before I had to quit the game for regular duties.

Just tested every setting. For my system, shadows are the only thing that causes the big FPS dip. With shadows on High, I read 40 fps. If they are set to Off, I go back up to 60 fps+. I hope this helps a little.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

My FPS have been near the 60fps mark when on the carrier in my self made simple practice mission. So far I'm pleased with the performance.

----------------------------------------------------

i7 6700k - 16GB - 1TB Samsung 860 - EVO, Radeon RX 5700 XT

CH Fighterstick - CH Throttle Pro - CH Rudder Pedals - Trackir 5

Windows 10 Pro - 1903

It depends on what I am looking at. But the lowest is 30fps, normally around 60fps. I can look at the ground crew at cat 1, and it's fine, it gets 60fps no problem. As soon as I look at the guys on the waist at Cat 3, it drops to 30fps.

I have twin GTX1080's in SLI, i7-8700, 32gb of ram at 3000mhz, SSD, running every possible graphics setting maxed out on a 1440 monitor.

The AI aircraft kill FPS numerously. An empty deck is much more fluent.

Suggestions: Should find a way to reduce resource usage in multiplayer mode or missions when there are many other aircraft. For example, use simple modeling or aggressive mip-map.

I know everyone means well and intentions are good, but as much as I'm curious about the Supercarrier performance (haven't had the chance yet to try it myself), the results posted in this thread are pretty useless imho.

Only the comparisons with the Stennis some people posted here, say at least something (assuming these results were measured without changing any graphics settings). But just posting a framerate here doesn't really say anything as everyone is using different settings and rigs.

Maybe if everyone tests on the same mission, with the same default grapgics settings and post their rig specs, at least we could deduce some average results. But even then it still depends very much on screen resolution or VR settings.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Tried it again in mission editor.

Build up the objects on ramp to see what's possible.

I ended up with 4 parcked f14 on the 6 pack, 10 f18's on bow, 3 18's on junkyard with a e2 and the crane, 1 f18 at finger lso's and somme ground static crew...

Was still going 30 fps as a minimum. Getting away from the bow and the 6 pack got me better fps.

On a clear deck, solid 45 fps so, no issues with the carrier itself, just don't overload with AI static planes.

A good tip would be to use AI models on the planes the most visible and simplistic objects for the "less visible" ones.

Like when planes are on bow, the 2 first as hi-fi models cuz they are the ones you see best and can get close to. The others, as low fid models would be enough...

I have the same dilemma at Nellis near Aggressor par King, all those hi-fi planes are killing the fps, taxi further and you re good..

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

I did a pass on a clean deck. I'm running a 9900k @ 4.7Ghz, a 2080 at stock clocks, with 32 Gb of RAM. I've got the ship about 20 NM off the coast of Georgia heading out to sea with land to the stern. Everthing on high with no antialiasing @ 3840x1080 on a single screen. I run a solid 60 FPS until I look aft. About half the time it stays fine, but occasionally it drops to about 40 when my view centers over the LSO station. I'm wondering if the displays are causing the drop? Kinda of like some of the issues using pods on some birds in some situations.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

I did a pass on a clean deck. I'm running a 9900k @ 4.7Ghz, a 2080 at stock clocks, with 32 Gb of RAM. I've got the ship about 20 NM off the coast of Georgia heading out to sea with land to the stern. Everthing on high with no antialiasing @ 3840x1080 on a single screen. I run a solid 60 FPS until I look aft. About half the time it stays fine, but occasionally it drops to about 40 when my view centers over the LSO station. I'm wondering if the displays are causing the drop? Kinda of like some of the issues using pods on some birds in some situations.

Same for me. The LSO station seems to give me about a 15 fps hit when looking at it. I play in full 4K on a 1070 SC.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Here's what I've been seeing on a clean deck. There's just about a 5 degree zone where I get a drop looking aft toward the LSO station. For me, the Island is just fine. This is again 4k with everything on high minus MSAA and SSAA.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!