FPS thread

ebabil

Here's what I've been seeing on a clean deck. There's just about a 5 degree zone where I get a drop looking aft toward the LSO station. For me, the Island is just fine. This is again 4k with everything on high minus MSAA and SSAA.

Hey, Hawk.

Just out of curiosity: what is your CPU and Gpu spec? I'm playing at full 4K with all settings on High (minus SSLR, MSAA and SSAA as well) with an 8700K & 1070 SC.

On the deck in the "cold start" persian gulf Hornet mission, I'm only getting 40 FPS at the very highest, dropping to 29 FPS when looking towards the LSO station (but there are also several live AI hornets and other Statics in view).

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Very low fps at night and when looking to the island lights etc.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

The cold start mission that came with SC was just barely playable for my "decent" but not great system in VR. So I made a mission with just a few statics and a few departing AIs. It works great. Very smooth.

I have i7 9700k with asus strix 2070S, 32GB RAM, Z390-E and SSD and since SC is out, my fps on clean deck with few MP aircrafts goes from 30-40 with some big stutters and drop difference. My fps before SC update was 80-100fps and all was smooth. In both cases my settings are all on maximum except SSAA.

Im hopping SC will be more optimized in future, because I remember when Stennis come out, it was a same... low fps, but later was fine.

Pretty much the same results for me as well,,, charts or no charts, spread sheets or no spread sheets. it was an instant, very noticeable observation!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

If I'm playing on the supercarrier (George Washington) my fps is quite average. I'm having fps between 60-100 without VR. With VR I hang about 26-36 fps on the supercarrier, which is quite logic.

Suddelny, fps totally breaks down to about 2-4 fps for atleast 10-15 seconds. Then it suddenly goes up to the numbers above.

I'm having this problem on an empty as well on a full carrier (static objects).

And I do have this problem in normal and on VR, so I guess its not a VR related problem.

When I'm playing without the carrier I dont have this sudden break down.

I already tried to delete my shader cache with no results.

VR here.

Clean with quite a few static objects -- 45

With 4~6 AI running around -- 35~40

Clean with quite a few statics but after one hour of play -- 22

It seems like any play time greater than 30~45 minutes, and performance tanks.

My two cents:

I have i7-6700K/4.5, 1080, 16 gB, Rift-S:

Stennis solid 40fps, very happy with that

Same situation SC (no static objects) 30-32fps, not so happy, gives me nausia

I hope ED will find some room for improvement, because i think the SC is great. I love the comms and the deck crew. And of course the ball viewer, great improvement in the Rift-S

Hoping for the best!

VR here.

Clean with quite a few static objects -- 45

With 4~6 AI running around -- 35~40

Clean with quite a few statics but after one hour of play -- 22

It seems like any play time greater than 30~45 minutes, and performance tanks.

Roughly same here.

The shocker came when I tried bad weather ops, rain with lightening, etc. I had to do unthinkable and lower PD for my Rift to 1.5 (no AA whatsoever). That's in SP:huh:

BTW, the rain with strong wind over deck looked like sparks from my guns... caused by the boat's flood lights, I guess.

The weird thing is, I got 33-35 fps when I looked to the sea and I got 50 fps when I look to the deck with some planes on yesterday on ravens server. What is the problem here? Normally I should get more fps with less object to render. Is this a problem with ship wakes or water itself?

Screen_200524_210038.thumb.png.d7cf429754d5d0e3bbc82508c517397d.png

Screen_200524_210047.thumb.png.c58a7c8e1367fe37c85ea8af4485b9eb.png

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Is this a memory leak issue?

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Roughly same here.

The shocker came when I tried bad weather ops, rain with lightening, etc. I had to do unthinkable and lower PD for my Rift to 1.5 (no AA whatsoever). That's in SP:huh:

Same here. Playing the SC in the rain made my FPS go from 30 average to 18 FPS while on the Deck.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display