Connection timeout

MrTInc71

• ED Team
Same issue on my server. Two instances running and the connection timeout happens on both instances at exactly the same time.

May be you happen to have a dynamic external IP from your ISP and it does change?

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the same issue - Currently I am hosting a dedicated server in my network.

Last night when playing with friends i got kicked out of my own server because of "connection timeout".

Well i was already flying so this is no issue of ping or ports - not even a changing IP address.

Seems for me to happen just since the last Update from 10.6.2020 (played with the version from 17.6.2020 - OB)

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

I can repeat the issue on my network. Reboot PC, join session and in the first 10 minutes all clients get disconnected at the same time, LAN or WAN. Only happens once after a reboot. Has been consistent for all of 2.56.

Edited by Ice

• 2 weeks later...

My dad is having the same issue with time-outs between 6-11 minutes of joining a session. Interestingly, this only happens with ED modules like the F-5 and Viper -- in the community A-4, he doesn't time-out. Started happening after the last patch to open beta. So, he is an A-4 driver for now. Too bad, because he owns most modules and really enjoys flying them together in multiplayer.

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

Confirmed.... on my side I regularily get time-outs since several weeks (which did not occur before). I have a very low own ping, the server(s) I try to stay on is well below 200 (i.e. TTI, Blue flag, 104th), my internet connection is fine (100MB down, 40 MB up), all "advices" you can find on the forums tested but no luck.

Firewall shut down, even relevant ports are open.

DCS is running smooth with high frames and suddenly I am out.

It happens around 6-10 minutes after joining a server. It is not related to any mods as clean DCS does the same.

It happens to me especially on Caucasus Map.

And then there is a day I stay connected for hours.

Really no clue what is the culprit, what to do.

Can´t prove it but it seems that dedicate server structure and the package of date the SERVER recieves or sends is the "bottleneck"

Long time since ED said that several reasons may induce this behaviour and that it is hard to pin down. Since then no more information about that.

I exclusively play MP and that´s really a showstopper since weeks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Started yesterday. Never had any problems. Following.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

• 9 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, Macias671603 said:

Same here with 2.7 it is so annoying. Especially on blue flag after refueling aircraft and after 5 min good bye from server with live lost.... 

Have you found a solution to the timeout problem? I have tried everything i can find online but with no success. Since i most like to fly on MP servers it looks like i have to go back to 2.5.6.

• 6 months later...

It happened to me a couple of times last week too. The second time it happened it also happened to my flight lead at about the same time. About 8 others from our flight group, who were also connected to the same server at the same moment did not have this issue. 

No idea what is causing this and it is deeply frustrating. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Ready:

No idea what is causing this and it is deeply frustrating. 

It's basically what the error message tells you: the connection(!) timed out, as in anywhere between your PC and the server, or on the way between the server and your PC the Internet did not forward the packages in a timely manner and the application has waited quite a while, but the connection did not recover...

The thing is "connection" is way more than just your internet access, or your provider's network. It can have a lot of different reasons why. Though the world made good progress in upgrading the infrastructure overall, sometimes there still are days it struggles, e.g. black Friday/week/cyber Monday and a gazillion shoppers flooding the network.

An analogy would be blaming your car, or your carport, for the traffic jam your stuck in. 😉

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

4 hours ago, shagrat said:

It's basically what the error message tells you: the connection(!) timed out, as in anywhere between your PC and the server, or on the way between the server and your PC the Internet did not forward the packages in a timely manner and the application has waited quite a while, but the connection did not recover...

The thing is "connection" is way more than just your internet access, or your provider's network. It can have a lot of different reasons why. Though the world made good progress in upgrading the infrastructure overall, sometimes there still are days it struggles, e.g. black Friday/week/cyber Monday and a gazillion shoppers flooding the network.

An analogy would be blaming your car, or your carport, for the traffic jam your stuck in. 😉

I understand, but it happened to my FL as well at the same time and not to others on the same server, which is making it a bit weird. We are both from different countries.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

vor 5 Stunden schrieb HC_Official:

great design from Eagle Dynamics, single point of failure with no backup

IT was yet another hick up with ED master server

...or with any router, switch or MPLS-line in-between... Because, if it was the master server it should have affected everyone that connects to the master server, SP as well as MP from any country.

And btw I am pretty sure it is not just "one single master server", but a Multi-Region cloud based virtual cluster with the normal availability measures in place, because it would not work reliable in the first place, if all the guys from Australia, Chile or the US needed to reach a single server in a Moscow Data-Center... Just saying.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm in Texas, buddy in Arizona. He has a second gaming rig he hosts DCS server on. We use it to play liberation.

We both jump into the server, slot into F18s on the super carrier. I can startup and start to taxi. That is usually about the time I disconnect. A few times I've made it to hook up for launch and get disconnected. Nothing appears in the logs and nothing other than the generic disconnect message. 

It can happen over and over. I can jump into hoggit training and get in the air no issue. It points that there is a server problem with my buddy. Yet the other pilots are not being ejected. The usual number of pilots are 2-4. So it isn't player overload. We've had even the largest liberation maps work flawless.

I don't know if it is DCS related or internet. I ran ping tests today. 6p-12a during peak hours for most customers on at the same time. 0% packet loss. 

A guy in the DCS discord suggests disabling IPV6 and I'm not sure why. 

Hopefully enough people chime in they can find a solution. I don't think there is any protection for any kind of loss. You either have perfect connection or you get dropped. 

This is all over my head. I have cable internet, I'm wired into my box, 105mbps internet. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 8:31 AM, Oscar Juliet said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm in Texas, buddy in Arizona. He has a second gaming rig he hosts DCS server on. We use it to play liberation.

We both jump into the server, slot into F18s on the super carrier. I can startup and start to taxi. That is usually about the time I disconnect. A few times I've made it to hook up for launch and get disconnected. Nothing appears in the logs and nothing other than the generic disconnect message. 

It can happen over and over. I can jump into hoggit training and get in the air no issue. It points that there is a server problem with my buddy. Yet the other pilots are not being ejected. The usual number of pilots are 2-4. So it isn't player overload. We've had even the largest liberation maps work flawless.

I don't know if it is DCS related or internet. I ran ping tests today. 6p-12a during peak hours for most customers on at the same time. 0% packet loss. 

A guy in the DCS discord suggests disabling IPV6 and I'm not sure why. 

Hopefully enough people chime in they can find a solution. I don't think there is any protection for any kind of loss. You either have perfect connection or you get dropped. 

This is all over my head. I have cable internet, I'm wired into my box, 105mbps internet. 

i have the same issue in the f-5 we fly with 6 planes we taxi all good but as soon as i close my canopy i get disconnected from teh server they first notice it when i disappear and after about 1-2 minutes i get kicked from the server

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had this happen with the latest Open Beta.

10 people on the server. 2 people timed out at the same time, other 8 remained in server.

One person who timed out initially timed out a second time about an hour later. (The other person who timed out initially had left the server by then - but all others in the server were fine).

Points of interest:

- The two that timed out were in different modules

- The two that timed out were from different geographic locations. (One of which was in the same town and same ISP as another player on the same server that had no issues)

- The two that timed out had no other internet connection issues. Communication in discord was constant throughout.

- This was on the Syria map

Hopefully this information is of help for diagnostics.

Edited by Dangerzone

• 2 weeks later...

Had reports from my server of the same, only all users connection timed out, checking logs shows no issue, and other servers at same location were not affected.

- Caucases Map

- Affected users had no other internet connection issues. Communication in teamspeak was constant throughout.

I've been running into the same issues as of late in the update in multiple servers.

Game is running smooth etc after about 10 minutes, connection is dropped and I am kicked to the lobby. Has made it impossible to play multiplayer for me.

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube