[INSTALL]- Need to buy supercarrier to host multiplayer session with full client

Dear All,

Even if multiple time ED says that as server admin we don't have to buy the Supercarrier module, today we've news, and not so good after all!

If you're going to use dedicated server you'll be able to use without any issue, if you're using full client installation with --no-render --server option, your server doesn't allow any player to use it, even if all connected players of course have bought the module.

GG :music_whistling:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• ED Team
if you're using full client installation with --no-render --server option

you have to install the module. It is included in the dedicated install, but not on the regular one.

bin\DCS_updater.exe install SUPERCARRIER

DCS will complain when run w/o --norender option, if you don't own the module, though.

• Like 1

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

you have to install the module. It is included in the dedicated install, but not on the regular one.

DCS will complain when run w/o --norender option, if you don't own the module, though.

Thanks for clarification, on discord we had different information and i was complaining about that.

Tested right now and is working fine! :thumbup::thumbup:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

OK So I use SKATE ZILLA launcher to run my Dedicated server and take care of update what the user specific string I need to use to get the dedicate server with the supercarrier..

Ok so I did fix my issue thanks the to post above..

I used CMD to get the bin Folder and ran the updater with supercarrier and described above and it did its thing and all good now ..

still get no added Carrier Crew or items on the Deck in Multiplayer

Edited by Targanon

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Is there a specific reason to use the full client installation?

If you running it as --no-render --server why not use the dedicated server?

Cheers

My thoughts exactly.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Viff

because this is easier to run like this .. and especially since I spend a lot of time away from home.. it makes it very easy..

plus I had trouble setting up the DEDI server so I just did the easy way...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

So I just tried to install the Dedi server again ... and after in installs and the carrier update run on the DEDi server folder.. click the short cut created by install it says it need to update so I let it then its says that its already installed and needs to be installed in diff folder .. let and it stops saying it cant find the dcs.exe ..

Targs,

Moduls

so I I"m now in the process of starting from scratch.. the install of teh dedi did not work.

and thats why I used the skate zilla to run it.. now I'm starting from scratch so I'm going have to try to get it to work..

Targs,

Moduls

Yes its hard and tedious to set all the proper configs you want with the dedicated server install because it doesn't have the user interface like the regular install.

What I did was install both the regular Open Beta and the Dedicated side by side which allowed me to compare and adjust all the configuration files of the Dedicated according to what I saw in the regular Open Beta install. LotATC, TacView and other mods and DCS settings that are configured in the various tabs in the options menu. Adjust as needed in the menus and then take a look at the various config files when you want to implement in the config files of the Dedicated install.

To this day I still have the regular Open Beta installed on the server. I hardly ever run it, but it's become convenient to apply the updates first to the regular Open Beta install and after finished updating I shut down the Dedicated and then the installer that updates the Dedicated normally just copies what it needs from the Open Beta regular install, and voila! minimal downtime for the Dedicated.

Sometimes I'll fire up the regular Open Beta just to use the Mission Editor, to do a quick edit of a mission that runs on the Dedicated. So that's another convenience right there.

Cheers!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Is there a specific reason to use the full client installation?

If you running it as --no-render --server why not use the dedicated server?

Cheers

In the past ( not sure what cold you expect now, what you can expect in the future ) there was some different behavior on dedicated server build and full client installation run as --no-render ( and older autoexec.cfg workaround to disable 3d rendering )

One of the fascinating problem was the AI infantry not firing each other, that was a issue affecting only dedicated server, not full client!

Since that I prefer to host my server with full client installation ( even because in the past I was forced to buy all the map anyway on server account ;) )

its OK I had more time this time around and I was able to find the issue, it just didn't do that vital step of actually getting the required dedi server files...

after installing those..and it took some finding for the right switch to tag on

I have my server up and running again.

and really its thanks to you guys for pushing me, I have been gonna do it for so long and just rolling along with the skate zilla gui for so long.. its was just easier to do that..

till I did my research into why it failed everytime..

AGAIN thanks for that push..

I would still be back there if not for your push..

Targs,

Moduls

as I sit at the same desk to use either of my pc's as my server is sitting in an off site location.. and I access it via a remote desktop connection..

it has no point in having both installed maybe save that update one while the other stays running..

but even then I didn't think there is a point there if its patch time its patch time and my server while being still running is not going to be usable for anyone once they all update as it will not show on their lists

Targs,

Moduls

In the past ( not sure what cold you expect now, what you can expect in the future ) there was some different behavior on dedicated server build and full client installation run as --no-render ( and older autoexec.cfg workaround to disable 3d rendering )

One of the fascinating problem was the AI infantry not firing each other, that was a issue affecting only dedicated server, not full client!

Since that I prefer to host my server with full client installation ( even because in the past I was forced to buy all the map anyway on server account ;) )

There's still a problem with luasql module in the dedicated server installation.

It is not working as it is with the normal installation.

Last Thursday we (IAF) had a joint op with the Master Arms from Sweden.

We had 54 clients connected, all departing and landing from the same airport and the mission was 3 hours long.

The mission was with minimal scripts, contained 6x active big SAM sites and aprox. 30 AI aircraft (most of which were dynamicaly spawned) and over 200+ ground units.

The Dedicated Server performed rock solid for 3 hours without crashes, no lagging, no warping, no rubber banding.

I was looking at the memory usage on the server, never went over 3 GB.

Here is a quick video of the launch & recovery:

Good job ED!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

• ED Team
Last Thursday we (IAF) had a joint op with the Master Arms from Sweden.

We had 54 clients connected, all departing and landing from the same airport and the mission was 3 hours long.

The mission was with minimal scripts, contained 6x active big SAM sites and aprox. 30 AI aircraft (most of which were dynamicaly spawned) and over 200+ ground units.

The Dedicated Server performed rock solid for 3 hours without crashes, no lagging, no warping, no rubber banding.

I was looking at the memory usage on the server, never went over 3 GB.

Here is a quick video of the launch & recovery:

Good job ED!

Wow! Thank you for the feedback.

Enjoy!

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Wow! Thank you for the feedback.

Enjoy!

Thank you for all the hard work you and your team have put into this!

It has really made a difference in multiplayer. We can now do bigger and more elaborate multiplayer sessions.

We are getting organized for an even bigger event.

Among other highlights will include a mass launch from the super carrier of more than 16 airplanes and also mass recovery.

Our target is for >100 clients connected.

:juggle:

Cheers,

IAF.ViFF

• 5 months later...

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro, Asus Prime X299-DELUXE II, Intel Core i9 7960X @ 4200Ghz, 64GB QUAD DDR4 1200Mhz, 1 x NIVIDA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 12GB

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, TFRP Rudder Pedals

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------