F-14 issue with launching

serpent64

First off, I understand SC has been out only for a few hours in early access and I'm not sure if this is even a bug. I just want to see if I'm doing something wrong here. I've also seen all of the recent press release videos posted. Here's the scenario:

DCS Wolrd Open Beta

F-14 Instant action mission - Carrier Quals CVN 73 - Caucasus Map

Acft loads (Hot start) in 6 pack parking.

Taxi short of Cat 1 or 2. I'm aware that yellow shirt will not give the F-14 "Unfold wings signal." I sweep the wings forward while simultaneously following signals from yellow shirt to move forward/left/right.

Stop acft on signal. Deploy flaps while holdback bar is attached.

Kneel the acft on signal. Roll acft forward on signal. Stop acft again on signal. Retract launch bar on signal.

Recieve "run up" signal. Run throttles to Mil or Max and wipe the controls.

Go to comms menu, select ground crew, select "Salute."

Cat officer goes through his checks, touches the deck........then NOTHING.......I'm just sitting there burning gas, making noise, and helping ship make an extra 5 knots by towing it........as my AI wingman launches of an nearby cat.

Also tried selecting "Launch request" after the failed launch and no change.

Sooo.........?:dunno:

Edited by serpent64

DCS Open Beta, I9-10900K(5.1 OC), Asus Z490 Maximus Hero XII, EVGA FTW3 2080TI, 32 GB, TM Wathog Throttle and Stick (Virpil base), Valve Index VR

Don't retract the launch bar on the F14

AMD 5800X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, AMD 6900xt, Windows 11, Quest 3.

F15E, AH-64, F/A18C, F-14, Super Carrier, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, AV-8B, FW190, C101, F-15C, Mi8MTV2, SU-33, SU-27, M-2000C, AJS-37, KA-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E, F-86F, Spitfire, Persian Gulf, Normandy, NTTR.