We need more Cowbell.

CAmastersgt

I would love to see more of the 60's and 70's fighters and fighter bombers. Just an era that seems to need a bit of attention. I think this was the best era of military aviation. Yes all that F-35/F-22, glass cockpit, 100 percent kill percentage weapons are great yet they end up being ultimately boring.

I hope we see developers bridge the gap between the F-86 and the F-15. So the likes of the F-4, F-104, Mig-23, Mig-27, FH-24, EE Lightning, F-111, F-102/106, etc would be super welcome IMHO. There are too many planes and weapons to mention but that era was exciting to me. Hope to see them in the future and expand the fun.

Thanks ED and Third Parties for your hard work.

• Like 1

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

The EE Lightning would be one of those jets that would definitely be fun to fly but it would not be very useful in any other role except for short range intercepts because it guzzles more fuel an even an F-4 Phantom. You would actually have to keep an eye on the fuel gauge to make sure you can make it back to base.

For cowbell, we must first have cows

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I was just looking at this page again that lists all of the projects and status that every single developer has in the pipeline for DCS. It seems a out of date but I it gives a good idea of what the road map looked like at one point in time. And saw that the F-105 Thundercheif and the A-4M Skyhawk II is in planned status by RAZBAM. So those two aircraft might eventually make it to DCS for sure.

https://dr.squirrelboy12.com/DCSDevelopers/

Edited by Evoman

Yep, I too am most interested in pre 90s aircraft for DCS. We seem to be on a spell for 4th gen fighters with 90s-2000s avionics galore, and I really want to get 60-80s stuff for the most part.

They just fit in with many existing assets, are both capable but limited enough to make them fun and interesting, and red side jets are more likely to happen from this period, finally match ups with some sort of balance can be made for enjoyable scearios, single and multiplayer alike.

Still outright despise ED for that whole F-4E out, F-16C in trick :).

Mirage III,V,F-1, Super Etendard, every century series except that ugly F-101 :P, F-4E, Buccaneer, Jaguar, Tornado, A-6E, MiG-25, MiG-27, Su-15, Su-17/20/22, Q-5... seriously bring these on!

Though to be fair I'd like more modernish variants of a few of those.

We will be getting some of them though, F-8J Crusader is in development by Magnitude 3, Mirage F-1 is planned by Aviodev, A-7E is in dev by a new 3rd party studio named Flying Iron Simulations, We have a Mi-24P coming, Deka Ironworks want to do either a Q-5 or J-8 as their next module, Heatblur may end up doing A-6E after the Tomcat is finished, Razbam has many in their pipeline.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I was just looking at this page again that lists all of the projects and status that every single developer has in the pipeline for DCS. And saw that the F-105 Thundercheif and the A-4M Skyhawk II is in planned status by RAZBAM. So those two aircraft will eventually make it to DCS for sure.

https://dr.squirrelboy12.com/DCSDevelopers/

The info on Razbam is very out of date. They no longer have the A-7 as it's gone to another developer. It's doubtful they would be able to develop the A-6 as that would require building out an entire AI system like Heatblur's Jester and Iceman. They have stated an unwillingness to develop an AI for their Strike Eagle, so very unlikely they will want try it for the Intruder.

Heatblur is already developing the A-6 and KA-6 AI for the Tomcat, along with a carrier and a few other AI units, they are the best placed company to receive a contract for the Intruder.

As for the Thunderchief, Razbam already has something like 11 unreleased aircraft modules on the roadmap, and that's not counting the Falklands map with it's litany of AI units. They have a good three to five years of development with just those alone. What's going to make the Thunderchief an almost insurmountable challenge is when Republic Aircraft when to the butchers nearly all of their libraries of data on their aircraft and other projects was outright destroyed! This in my opinion was one of the reason's Eagle Dynamics had such a hard time piecing the P-47 Thunderbolt together. Eagle Dynamics, I believe, had to literally recreate the wind tunnel and some of the performance on their own.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

People are giving way too much credit to this website. A lot of information there looks outdated, some seems to be listed as in dev or planned with only the slightest hints, and the site doesn't list some new third parties like Flying Iron who are doing A-7.

Also lists Belsimtek, which is not a thing anymore, and list AH-1W under their section, which was turned into AH-1F long ago, and still somewhat long ago seem to have gotten postponed. There are many more inaccurate information listed there.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I hope we see developers bridge the gap between the F-86 and the F-15. So the likes of the F-4, F-104, Mig-23, Mig-27, FH-24, EE Lightning, F-111, F-102/106, etc would be super welcome IMHO. There are too many planes and weapons to mention but that era was exciting to me. Hope to see them in the future and expand the fun.

Join ED and go to it! :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

The info on Razbam is very out of date. They no longer have the A-7 as it's gone to another developer. It's doubtful they would be able to develop the A-6 as that would require building out an entire AI system like Heatblur's Jester and Iceman. They have stated an unwillingness to develop an AI for their Strike Eagle, so very unlikely they will want try it for the Intruder.

Heatblur is already developing the A-6 and KA-6 AI for the Tomcat, along with a carrier and a few other AI units, they are the best placed company to receive a contract for the Intruder.

As for the Thunderchief, Razbam already has something like 11 unreleased aircraft modules on the roadmap, and that's not counting the Falklands map with it's litany of AI units. They have a good three to five years of development with just those alone. What's going to make the Thunderchief an almost insurmountable challenge is when Republic Aircraft when to the butchers nearly all of their libraries of data on their aircraft and other projects was outright destroyed! This in my opinion was one of the reason's Eagle Dynamics had such a hard time piecing the P-47 Thunderbolt together. Eagle Dynamics, I believe, had to literally recreate the wind tunnel and some of the performance on their own.

It does seems out of date but I it does gives a good idea of what the road map looked like at one point in time. It would be great if this info could get updated or if someone else knows of another similar page.

I also hope Heatblur is able to do the A6 if they can get a license.

I did not know that about Republic Aircraft which makes sense why the P-47 has been a challenge.

Edited by Evoman

One, I can't agree more. I was really hoping to see DCS climb up the complexity latter through the ages of air combat, but alas that was not to be, and honestly I can't say I'm complaining. But IRL there was some serious air to air during the cold war, and it would be pretty sweet to get to simulate some of that. There's just enough in game to wet the appetite, but there is room for much much more. Personally I would love to see some attack jet/medium bomber action. Although I do think this is an area that was also pretty neglected IRL. Personally I would love more nukes in game, but dream on. But back to topic, after seeing the Mig-19 I really wish Razbam, and other third parties would focus more effort in the Korean - Vietnam war. There was a ton of air combat during this period, and you actually have to maneuver with your opponent. But you get early radar ranging gun sights, and even early Fox-2's. So yes I would love to see a Mirage 3, F-100, F-102, Mig-17. So yes, I +1 the OP.

• Like 1

The EE Lightning would be one of those jets that would definitely be fun to fly but it would not be very useful in any other role except for short range intercepts because it guzzles more fuel an even an F-4 Phantom. You would actually have to keep an eye on the fuel gauge to make sure you can make it back to base.

Without digging out my reference books I would bet the Lightning has better legs than the Mig-21, yet that seems to be popular...

And I TOTALLY agree with focusing on Gen 3/4 jets; glass cockpits are boring. Plus you can jump into any one of them and know how most of the kit works right off the bat!

Now, how about an A-1H/T-28D/OV-10/F-100/HH-3/O-1G set with a Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia/Thailand map...

Vulture

• Like 1

Another one on the hunt for 3rd/4th gen fighters, with gauges and tons of trimming to do to master. It would make fantastic sense to be able to go through the milestones in aviation and adding systems and ease of use, but coming from the eras where most of the flying and targeting was done by hand.

• Like 1