[WIP] lightning pod uncage/cage command

blue281269

Same thing happens with mine.

I find that cycling the tpod to standby and back to on re centers the tpod. An interim fix, until this gets sorted out.

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

I"m plus one on that

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

I have two different buttons mapped. I can’t say the commands off the top of my head l, but the nws button on my warthog stick stows the pod and the button I use to cage and uncage centers the pod. You guys are talking about stowing it. Try mapping or using the cage uncage and see if that works.

It is going to make much more sense when the update to this function comes out, for now, please use the workaround offered by cofcorpse. Thanks.

Hi NL. What do you mean by "this function"? Which function is that? Thanks.

Stay safe

It is going to make much more sense when the update to this function comes out, for now, please use the workaround offered by cofcorpse. Thanks.

By "this function" you mean that cage/uncage will do what it does now (stow) and undesignate will not snowplow in its first press but on the second one like IRL?

Stay safe

By "this function" you mean that cage/uncage will do what it does now (stow)

The correct (and WIP) function for cage/uncage is LST mode toggle.

and undesignate will not snowplow in its first press but on the second one like IRL?

What do you mean like IRL?

The correct (and WIP) function for cage/uncage is LST mode toggle.

What do you mean like IRL?

Thanks Santi for the tip on the cage uncage. IRL, not sure what version of the lot 20 though, the first press of the undesignate button just erases the TGT and leaves the pod where it was pointing, second press (or pressing undesignate when no TGT exists) returns to snowplow. Can't say where I got this information due to forum rules and no one will care if I'm saying the truth or not, so I was hoping ED already had that data.

Stay safe

This is frustrating... it was working OK before last patch.

Now it doesn't go to boresight mode; it gets turned 180º back...

Try to enable VVSLV mode by pressing VVSLV pushbutton 13 on DDI to unstow the pod. It will switch mode to velocity vector mode. Then you can switch it off.

Sorry, can't find it - which DDI (left or right?) what button is it ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

- image -

Thank you NineLine.

I'll look closely into it when I get home.

Last night the VVSLV option didn't seem to be there, but it might have been something I'm doing wrong...

- at the right DDI all the options and symbology seem prety much the same as on your picture, except the VVSLV option;

- at the left DDI I'm selecting "manual mode" of employment for my LGBs;

- I also select WPDSG at the bottom DDI so the FLIR can find the little enemy vessel quickly, then after that first target I disable it to manually search for a building, and the VVSLV doesn't seem to appear.

But I'll look closer tonight.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

THis was happening to a bunch of us in our mission training last night. My and several others had the Tpod slew to WPDSG and lock on initially then they just stopped responding. Cage/Uncage just went tarded. Then a few others had the Tpod slew but then could not actually release the GBU-12's. this has been happening since before the last update.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I've been experimenting with the Tpod / FLIR controls a bit, and my impressions are:

- the VVSLV option works OK, until... the Throttle Designator Controler DEPRESS is used; after that, the VVSLV option disappears definitely;

(TDC DEPRESS does have to be used at some time, as it works as the FLIR point / target location command.)

- the cage command (stow function?), does bring the FLIR line of sight to stow position in small increments, but I didn't notice it causing the VVSLV disappearance.

(Also the VVSLV option is only available without WPDSG option active, obviously.)

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Yes, the VVSLV option is only available when no target is designated.

How can I un-designate ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Yes, the VVSLV option is only available when no target is designated.

Press the Undesignate/NWS button on the stick.

Outstanding, thank you both for your help and NineLine also.

Indeed noticed the word "undesignate" a few months ago when assigning controls for the Hornet, but only did pay attention to the NWS command to taxi, etc.

So, as when undesignating the VVSLV gets active again, everything in Tpod / FLIR seems to be working "fine and dandy" everything 5 stars in my view, what is the real issue now ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Try to enable VVSLV mode by pressing VVSLV pushbutton 13 on DDI to unstow the pod. It will switch mode to velocity vector mode. Then you can switch it off.

problem is that I dont see the VVSL anywhere in the TGP!!!...ahhh with NWS will undesignate/then VVSLV will be active?

Edited by Peter22

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

problem is that I dont see the VVSL anywhere in the TGP!!!...ahhh with NWS will undesignate/then VVSLV will be active?

Exactly.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system