[NO BUG] TGP Laser is auto disarming itself

FatherAnolev

Was delighted to discover in the latest OB (2.5.6.49314) that auto-lasing has been implemented, so that I don't have to trigger the laser manually when using GBUs.

But now, every time that I drop a GBU-12, following the auto-lase and subsequent target destruction, the laser automatically shuts itself off. I don't mean that it just stops lasing ... rather the physical arming switch in the right console turns itself off completely.

As a result, after every bombing pass, I need to manually flip the console switch back on.

Working as intended?

Maybe it's like that in RL when switching stations?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If an LGB is configured for an AUTO release, the computer sends a command to the pod to automatically lase based on the TTI. After weapon release in AUTO, the HUD will display a LASER countdown, which then activates and switches to standard TTI. After impact, the LTD/R switch automatically disengages into the SAFE position to prevent burnout (since the TRIG option is not used, the pilot has no manual way to disengage the laser with HOTAS).

Autolase works with Laser Mavericks too (thanks Santi!). With the LTD/R switch in ARM, designate the target with the TGP with the Mav selected and hold down the weapon release. The Mav will automatically uncage, gimbal to the TGT position, fire the laser, and launch the missile after lock is acquired.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

hmm that's interesting, I'll have to try it out! So I hope the TRIG option is still there, for us to buddy lase with right? And if so, then the pilot should still be able to manually turn it on and off with the trigger.

So I hope the TRIG option is still there, for us to buddy lase with right?
Correct. The TRIG option is still available and manual lasing works after boxing TRIG; pressing trigger starts/stops lasing. For autolase it's not nessecary to box the TRIG option.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H