Tomcat ship radio

steelrfan85

GW is George Washington. Jester Menu to radio and then tune Tac and the carrier should be there asking with any tankers and AWACS, if any.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I set my radio to manual 127.500 for the ship and announced my inbound but never got anything back from the ship. I tried 4 times. Anybody else having this problem or fix?

Yeah, ive noticed this issue too. I found if I got Jester to set the frequency again, it would work perfectly. So there might be a jester issue there that could be flagged up to the Devs.

Oh ok. Yeah I set the tacan for the Lincoln. I’ll have to play around with it a bit. Are you having any comm issues where the ball option doesn’t pop up on menus sometimes. I called inbound, then says see you at 10 and so I call that and get the Charlie signal and make my break and doesn’t always give me the F2. Hornet ball. Specially if I get a wave off or bolter. Sometimes I get a CLARA pop up.

Double check that the frequency for the carrier is set to 127.500 in the Mission Editor. This is what caught me the first time. Note that it only works on this frequency. Changing the frequency to something else then that in the ME does not work.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I found it takes 2 requests from jester to make sure you are tuned in. Oh, he tunes in alright, you can see that on the panel repeater. But it doesnt work until you request again.

Give it a try, i think its a jester or supercarrier bug.

I found it takes 2 requests from jester to make sure you are tuned in. Oh, he tunes in alright, you can see that on the panel repeater. But it doesnt work until you request again.

Give it a try, i think its a jester or supercarrier bug.

I've done that too. I think you are right though. The only thing I haven't done is try changing the CV to a different model. Just to test if it's an issue with the GW.

Don't use the "communication menu" button. Assign the "Mic button UHF2 (arc-182)" and "Mic button UHF1 (arc-159)" in the control menu for communicating with the carrier and other items. As said before... UHF2 is for the carrier. Using the others will result in no reply.

Don't use the "communication menu" button. Assign the "Mic button UHF2 (arc-182)" and "Mic button UHF1 (arc-159)" in the control menu for communicating with the carrier and other items. As said before... UHF2 is for the carrier. Using the others will result in no reply.

OH dear God thank you!!! That was driving me nuts. Yes I was using the default keyboard hotkey