ATC/Takeoff after bolter or landing?

JayRoo

Ok so a few questions based on my experiences so far:

1) What happens to the ATC/LSO system after you bolter? I cant get the tower back up and it leaves me with options for abort or see you at ten. And when i come back around i cant get LSO comms to come back up by calling ball/clara.

2) After catching a wire, and taxiing off the LA, there are no atc options or anything for telling the carrier that you want to takeoff again. The ground crew does not reset to the catapults if there are no planes inbound. Is there a way to reset things or do i have to relaunch mission?

I can't help you on question #1 (and I wonder the same thing- I have played with SC for hours today and not making much sense out of a lot of the current comms and the way it works... this coming from someone who's used Airboss a lot up to this point so I have a good comparison with a very well functioning interaction with Marshall/LSO).

But I can help you with #2 I think... I have seen the same situation you described and then discovered (finally) what the GROUND radio menu option "Request Launch" is for. If the deck crew is back behind the foul line for aircraft recovery and they don't reset automatically for whatever reason, then that command is like the lunch break is over whistle, gets their butts in gear to launch some aircraft!

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Ok so a few questions based on my experiences so far:

1) What happens to the ATC/LSO system after you bolter? I cant get the tower back up and it leaves me with options for abort or see you at ten. And when i come back around i cant get LSO comms to come back up by calling ball/clara.

2) After catching a wire, and taxiing off the LA, there are no atc options or anything for telling the carrier that you want to takeoff again. The ground crew does not reset to the catapults if there are no planes inbound. Is there a way to reset things or do i have to relaunch mission?

1) Later ED will add the proper bolter communications and proceedures, for now you should begin with a new inbound request. Strange that it doesn't reset to you... anyway do abort and then inbound again.

2) Question already addressed...you should just hit comm menu ---> ground crew ---> request launch. You won't receive any feedback but the ground crew will reset in launching mode.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274004

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thanks for the replies!

Just to confirm the Bolter Pattern then, to make sure I have it right so i can get LSO comms back:

Fly BRC for 1.0 mile at 600’. Stay in landing configuration. Turn left back onto the downwind until abeam the stern, execute normal approach?

Can you even call the ball again or is the atc menu sequence messed up after the bolter?

Thanks again for the replies.

Edited by Strider
Typos

Thanks for the replies!

Just to confirm the Bolter Pattern then, to make sure I have it right so i can get LSO comms back:

Fly BRC for 1.0 mile at 600’. Stay in landing configuration. Turn left back onto the downwind until abeam the stern, execute normal approach?

Can you even call the ball again or is the atc menu sequence messed up after the bolter?

Thanks again for the replies.

If you have the ball call bound to a key, you can call it anytime, even if it’s not available in the comm menu.

I’ve accidentally called the ball while sitting on the deck. Then the LSO came back with “you’re a little low...” :megalol:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2