[RESOLVED]DCS Crash when CPU does not support SSE 4.1 or greater.

TempRyan

• ED Team
Yes, an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (4CPUs) ~3.2GHz

thanks, the team are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have exactely the same problem: game is crashing always, when I load the mission.. with the F-18 I didnt even came into the pit.. with the F-14, and the JF-17 I came into the pit for a short time (20 sec) at least.

Tried it with an SC mission and without - crashing always :(

Repaired DCS twice - same problem

(of course I have deactivated all mods with OvGME before I started the update and when I tryed to start the new version.

Rolled back to .47404 and everything worked fine, as it should be. Made the big upate once again - same annoying problem again. :helpsmilie:

My old - but still working - system:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A89TD PRO 890FX SATA3 USB3 Crossfire

CPU: AMD Phenom II x 6, 1055 T, 2,80 GHz, (DDR-3-1333 MHz)

RAM: 20 GB DDR 3

GPU: Geforce GTX 680

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (WIN10 and DCS) /

Hey everyone! I have the same or similar issue

My DCS continues to crash when and only when I select the F2 outside view. All other outside views work just fine and I can even slew the F11 view right up to my aircraft with no problems. It is quite literally only when I press F2. Now, this is for all aircraft, on all maps. Attached is my DCS crash log file if anyone can make sense of it. This problem is isolated to the latest update.

Things I have tried and non have worked:

-A DCS Repair

-A total DCS reinstall to vanilla (yea, all 160GB.....shieeeet)

-clearing shaders

-Tweaking and eliminating paging file

-played with options in game.

-no mods or forgien files in coremods (it's now vanilla)

I hope someone here can help me! Thanks guys.

dcs.log-20200521-183602.zip

Hi

can you let us know what processor you have?

Is it an older AMD processor?

If so this is a known issue and the team are working on a fix.

thank you

Yes it is an old processor:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor

Would unistall all & reinstall solve the problems?

I must add that it also crashes in stand alone.

Also i would like to thank the staff in advance. Thankyou.

By the way I am getting mad without being able to enjoy DCS World , specially the planes & terrains i purchased this last month.

Crashes too

Same issues... crashes at final stage. Did a repair and cleaned it. Crashes again at final load coming out of the mission editor. I did get one mission to load with a single F-18 and carrier, but again crashed 50 sec. into the mission.

So far I have added and removed the new carriers with the same result. Checking other maps.

Reports sent.

Dan

Edited by dericm

• ED Team

we are working on the issue, yes it seems some older AMD CPU's are creating problems.

As soon as I have some news I will share it with you all.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

we are working on the issue, yes it seems some older AMD CPU's are creating problems.

As soon as I have some news I will share it with you all.

thank you

Thanks, glad to see it's been identified. Fingers crossed for hotfix. Cheers.

Answer from DCS Support :

"we have identified the issue, it will be fixed in our next patch.

It´s caused by your AMD CPU."

That means we have to wait until 3 June? 2 weeks waiting to flight in MP with friends? 2 weeks to enjoy SC after all the problems and delays?

It is not caused by my AMD CPU, which was working perfectly before update DCS, is caused because this patch doesn't work with AMD CPU

• ED Team
That means we have to wait until 3 June? 2 weeks waiting to flight in MP with friends? 2 weeks to enjoy SC after all the problems and delays?

It is not caused by my AMD CPU, which was working perfectly before update DCS, is caused because this patch doesn't work with AMD CPU

I am confident if the team find a solution quick enough we will see it patched as soon as possible, however I can not say for sure at the moment.

thanks

• ED Team

If you are using an older AMD processor the team is aware of the crash and are working on a fix.

thank you

• ED Team
Fresh reinstall of server, same mission as before. light no big stress. no mods on server. just running dcs and remote screen program attached full log file. thanks for the help.

Your RAM and page file are to low for DCS

DCS: CPU cores: 4, threads: 4, System RAM: 4093 MB, Pagefile: 5000 MB

Also please let us know the processor

thanks

Dont forget.. its an Open Beta! :smartass::music_whistling:

Have same probs.. and being grateful, that ED support US, who are using older CPUs.. :thumbup:

Hello,

Another Phenom II X4 965 BE user here and having the same issue. Almost all missions with any aircraft on any map ends with a crash after loading completes. However I managed to successfully load the Viggen takeoff training once but it crashed around 30 seconds into the mission.

I'm attaching my last 3 crash dumps (only 1 of them collected extra info via DxDiag) in the hopes of helping the devs diagnose this problem.

dcs.log-20200523-161529.zip

dcs.log-20200523-162245.zip

dcs.log-20200523-163737.zip

Same issue, crash to desktop on loading any mission.

Older AMD Phenom II X4

Was really looking forward to supercarrier too :(

Glad to know you are working on a fix, same issue happened with No Mans Sky on release.

The forgot to include AMD Phenom support.