Refueling indicator similar to approach indicator of supercarrier

capt_tom

As the title says, may it be possible to get a similar indicator overlay for refueling the viper as the approach indicator of the super carrier is. Especially as VR User with a Rift I am unable to read die symbols shown on the bottom of the tanker.

Maybe enable/disenable at settings for the aircraft.

Maybe they could make slightly modified VR Models of these things where they simply enlarged the lights to make them easier to see for VR users.

Would be far less immersion breaking I think even if the tankers maybe would look a little unrealistic upon close inspection.

You don’t want something pulling your eyes off the tanker though. You have to take in the whole scene: Tanker, Lights, Your Relative Position...

If I tried to do AAR with my eyes off the tanker, it would be a disaster.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

You don’t want something pulling your eyes off the tanker though. You have to take in the whole scene: Tanker, Lights, Your Relative Position...

agree

Action After Contemplation

That's absolutely right. The whole scene is essential to get a solid relative position to the tanker. But to find that exact position for contact is my problem. I am unable to read especially the right indicator for the longitudinal position in VR. So for training purpose a optional indicator could be helpful. When moveable you should also get it in the direct field of view.

What if they just made the actual lights look better?

This...and make them brighter at night...you can't see them at all in VR without NVG.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

The lights are so hard to see even in pancake mode that as a VR user in the olden CV1 I have to ask: Which lights do guys you speak of? rdlaugh.png

If THAT ought to be correct, then all I can say as an atheist is: Geezes Haytch Effin Christ, praised be the holy mother of god.

Having an optional overlay like the IFLOLS one for SC wouldn't be too bad actually, and its default position should be somewhere above the HUD where the tanker is, without obstructing that one too much.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

hmm, even with the cv-1 I am able to see them pretty easily. please, only as an option..

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting