Dedicated slots for LSO and other positions on the SC

Minni

Hello,

At this time the LSO view is just a view port accessible to every SC owner on the server by pressing LAlt+F9. The same apparently would be true for the other planned positions that are to come later in the early access.

I feel this will present a problem in the future if the playable positions on the Supercarrier are not made in to actual mannable slots effectively making the SC a large multicrew module rather than a terrain object. I'm sure this will be a rather large hurdle to code but in the long run I strongly believe the SC slots as clients -solution is the only correct one.

Even moreso as I'm not sure if the game engine allows for anything clickable from the "external" viewport of LSO there would be no way to intercat with the cut/waveoff lights, hook to ramp points and such without it being through an overlay or a series of keybinds which would be a massive blow immersionwise. The same would be true for the future planned positions.

Furthermore, if we're going forwards with the current viewport solution there should be a check for the game to actually determine who of the seven guys specating for example the LSO view is the LSO in command who can adjust the aforementioned things.

We can all probably imagine the results if two or more guys adjust these things at the same time through their own overlays or keybinds just by entering an external view.

I absolutely love the new LSO view even in its current state when playing with a closed group but I do feel there will be some issues with the current model in the future if this is not adressed early on.

I'd be very surprised if it didn't gain a role selection like the Gamemaster/tac commander settings.

However, i'd like to add to this that I'd like to ask the current passive external view mode(s) are kept regardless of what happens to allow players to spectate the LSO station even if it's occupied by someone else. This will allow people in large mp servers to spectate their friends after landing if they wish, in the event the actual LSO role is occupied. Of course only the actual LSO role player can interact with any of the settings and controls.

Creator of DCS Tutorials and Flightsim content

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedKiteRender

However, i'd like to add to this that I'd like to ask the current passive external view mode(s) are kept regardless of what happens to allow players to spectate the LSO station even if it's occupied by someone else. This will allow people in large mp servers to spectate their friends after landing if they wish, in the event the actual LSO role is occupied. Of course only the actual LSO role player can interact with any of the settings and controls.

Excellent point, ED should most definedly keep the external view modes in.

Dedicated Slots needs to be a thing.

Also that would enable more gameplay elements such as the using the LSO Station, switching on the "Wave Off lights" and stuff like that.

It's a good idea to keep the exstisting passive external view mode(s) aswell.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO , 32 GB RAM, Valve Index

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit us on Facebook

• 4 weeks later...

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 10 months later...

Hey ED, kudos for getting the lights to work but my initial concerns are now validated since we can't block people from using the LSO view and the viewport doesn't work too handily in VR. It feels a bit silly having the rogue LSO flash W/O continuosly on you after performing the rather rare perfect approach.

8 hours ago, Minni said:

It feels a bit silly having the rogue LSO flash W/O continuosly on you after performing the rather rare perfect approach

I agree, having dedicated LSO slot would also allow everyone to see who is controlling the station, if one is doing some weird **** with it. If caught or recorded, such offense should immediately result in permanent IP ban by server admins imho.

31 minutes ago, Golo said:

I agree, having dedicated LSO slot would also allow everyone to see who is controlling the station, if one is doing some weird **** with it. If caught or recorded, such offense should immediately result in permanent IP ban by server admins imho.

Yep. There's no way to know who's doing what now.

I'm hoping this issue is acknowledged at ED fairly early on