Harrier - Time to start putting disclaimers on?

Hawkeye_UK

@Razbam,

Appreciate your having issues with coder's however @Zues please can you now sort this yourself.

Despite numerous posts over the last 3 months by myself and numerous people we still are no further forward with HUD and FLIR.

Have you tried flying your own module yourselves in VR at night, or do you not because of the reality that they are unusable - it is literally blinding and i would suggest potentially dangerous if your on a night mission and HUD flir is activated, it actually really hurts your eyes!!!

Isn't it time you started putting a disclaimer on your product that this module is not VR suitable for use of some of the features at night re can physically cause eye pain, and that equally for all users the night attack harrier is now not usable at night.

I will ask again - please @zues can we have MFD buttons that brightness clicks up and down (not a slider that was hinted at in special that cannot be adjusted in flight), rotary dials to control HUD video brightness implemented and a HUD FLIR that doesn't blind you.

3 months since 2.5.6 - It's time to sort if you want long standing members of DCS to continue supporting you. New updates in yesterdays patch that involved coding for the harrier in the latest patch not exactly the most vital - again i will state get the basics working first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Well, for a start its @Zeus... You could spell his name right and it might go better.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Lol thats funny and your right, was late at night lol - it's ridiculous the community manger just states ask Zeus and pm him directly if any questions.

Point is - Razbam do need to start listening 2 years down the road over vital and basic issues if they want people to support them, aka us, going forward.

Frustrating when coding being done on things actually that could wait. Get whats already out there functional.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Well, for a start its @Zeus... You could spell his name right and it might go better.

Even the community manager calls him like that. So, it might even increase the chances of being heard.

good point ;)

Thank you I will pass this to Zues

I have forwarded to zues guys

You can adjust brightness for you NV googles. Flir have two modes and In public beta it's usable and comfortable for me in VR.

On my point of view AV8 B is weapon platform not a plane, you need NVg to bring that platform to a range of weapons to be released - after, you will have your sensors for awareness and completion of your task, no nvg needs to be used.

You can adjust brightness for you NV googles. Flir have two modes and In public beta it's usable and comfortable for me in VR.

On my point of view AV8 B is weapon platform not a plane, you need NVg to bring that platform to a range of weapons to be released - after, you will have your sensors for awareness and completion of your task, no nvg needs to be used.

i Know FLIR has 2 modes, so either the sky is painfully bright while the ground is ok, or vice versa - both are blinding.

NVG is a separate issue - and not listed in my post. Love to know how you use the NVG whilst still using the TPOD or EHSD, or any MFD. I have gamma set to 1.1 also night or day.

Your the first person i've come across who think's its acceptable. Do you fly competitive pvp Multiplayer with players controlling the ground units and shooting at you, aka not flying against AI. Makes all the difference as no time to mess around re locate unit, swtich NVG off, use sensor etc, ingress back to target. Need first pass strike abilities and bug out.

DCS & BMS

Your the first person i've come across who think's its acceptable. Do you fly competitive pvp Multiplayer with players controlling the ground units and shooting at you, aka not flying against AI. Makes all the difference as no time to mess around re locate unit, swtich NVG off, use sensor etc, ingress back to target. Need first pass strike abilities and bug out.

Interesting If your talking about AAA I feel the exact opposite, all the AI gunners use laser guns and can comfortably hit you right a max range if you set them to excellent.

I've been turned into Swiss cheese by a HUMVEE in the A-10C more times then I can count. I breath a sigh of relief when I know someones using CA against me. Because they can miss. lol

Anyways for your OP issue My guess is Zus is waiting for proper FLIR implementation from ED so he doesn't have to redo it twice.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Also the day/night buttons do work on both MFD's. It's just kinda backwards, you have to right click to go to night and left click goes back to day. I haven't even had to use the slider since I found that out, looks fine here.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

Also the day/night buttons do work on both MFD's. It's just kinda backwards, you have to right click to go to night and left click goes back to day. I haven't even had to use the slider since I found that out, looks fine here.

2 buttons here for click, why right and left mouse clicks?? It's not 1 button for pulse it from two different ways. Nice.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

I forgot to mention it sure would be nice if they were bindable to the TM Couger MFD's. :smilewink:

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

2 weeks on and no reply....however no shock (except painfully to your eyes at night).

Absolute joke anyone that get's excited about this developer doing anything else for DCS is kidding themselves - the are a disaster awaiting to happen.

Hawk module repeat springs to mind.

DCS & BMS

2 weeks on and no reply....however no shock (except painfully to your eyes at night).

Absolute joke anyone that get's excited about this developer doing anything else for DCS is kidding themselves - the are a disaster awaiting to happen.

Not sure why your surprised. Seems to be the MO the last several years

They don’t reply to things often on here but that doesn’t mean they haven’t read it, so keep that in mind. Secondly there seems to be a big push on the Harrier in the coming OB update of June 3rd. And as the Facebook video linked earlier showed it looks like the NAVFLIR is fixed. Stuff isn’t always an easy 2 minute fix sadly, I suggest you check out the RAZBAM episode on the Air Combat Sim podcast where they explain why things sometimes take a while to fix, it might change your perspective on the situation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They don’t reply to things often on here but that doesn’t mean they haven’t read it, so keep that in mind. Secondly there seems to be a big push on the Harrier in the coming OB update of June 3rd. And as the Facebook video linked earlier showed it looks like the NAVFLIR is fixed. Stuff isn’t always an easy 2 minute fix sadly, I suggest you check out the RAZBAM episode on the Air Combat Sim podcast where they explain why things sometimes take a while to fix, it might change your perspective on the situation.

Yea i've stated before that posting things on facebook is all well and good however that they need to use these forums, aka the official place to update their customers that is accessible to all (not all of use facebook anymore or have a social media presence).

Yea i know i'd had patience with Razbam for the last 2 years , but when module breaking things occur they need to react quicker especially on simple alterations of brightness.

Thanks for the info re the Air combat sim podcast, appreciated :thumbup:!

DCS & BMS

Thanks for the info re the Air combat sim podcast, appreciated :thumbup:!

You say that.....

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This is the place for talk with customers, but they cut the comunication. But answer for F15E cockpit, no sense.

Not exclusively, idk why you all keep thinking that... There is also their discord and Facebook page :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]