Kiowa release date?

BlacleyCole

I’ve been a way for some time and I’m not up to speed on the Kiowa so has a first release date been said yet?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Not as far as I know. It may be this year, but that's all we know. Which is fine, as excited as I am, I'd say let them take their time :).

Though, from fairly regular videos testers post on youtube, and Polychop share, it seems like it's coming along nicely thus far.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I’ve been a way for some time and I’m not up to speed on the Kiowa so has a first release date been said yet?

Hi BlacleyCole,

As the Kiowa Warrior is still in ongoing development and we do not plan on an early access release but rather a feature complete release, all we can say for now is that we aim for release in 2020.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we do not plan on an early access release but rather a feature complete release

:worthy: Personally, I find it a very good decision from you.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Hi BlacleyCole,

As the Kiowa Warrior is still in ongoing development and we do not plan on an early access release but rather a feature complete release, all we can say for now is that we aim for release in 2020.

With the flak that ED is receiving for the F-16, I can't blame Polychop one bit for going for a full release. Patience is a virtue. And a complete module is not a bad thing at all. Can't wait! I'm very excited for this to come to life.

With the flak that ED is receiving for the F-16, I can't blame Polychop one bit for going for a full release. Patience is a virtue. And a complete module is not a bad thing at all. Can't wait! I'm very excited for this to come to life.

That, and the fecal matter thrown at them over the gazelle (whether it was justified or not is subjective, I've enjoyed the bird) , as well as people's reception of the Jeff being as complete as it is (I wouldn't know, at this rate it'll be out of EA by the time stable players get to see what they've paid for)

In any case, I don't care if it's released feature complete or as a work in progress. I'm gonna enjoy this one either way. It's just a question of sooner or later?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I’d prefer a complete version and not to ease unpaid tester or rather than a paying customer who ends up being a tester

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Good news indeed. As much as I like the early access releases (especially for learning things in steps and help improving things), a rather complete release is never a wrong thing to go for. And it will still have its "early access" (read: the usual issues that come with a module release) then with polishing to be done, but at least we won't have to wait for the vital features. I guess I should put some money aside for that bird to be ready when it drops ajmug.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I sure wish they won't release it until they feel the module is complete. They took the right decision to not releasing it as an early access module ; they need to rebuild their community after the Gazelle criticisms.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

• 3 weeks later...

I REALLY hope they release it at exactly the same time as their upgrade to the Gazelle because I REALLY want the Kiowa but not until the Gazelle is finished. I was the same with HB before getting the Tomcat having already owned a not quite excellent Viggen (at that point, its great now)

I’d prefer a complete version and not to ease unpaid tester or rather than a paying customer who ends up being a tester

I prefer early access model, because I do not whine on forums when I acknowledged that I am using a software product that is in development, and I can always reverse updates if needed, as well get to participate to testing as well learning in early phase.

Everyone else has always full rights and changes to sit out and wait that the module gets feature completed and out of early access before buying it....

release without early access does not deliver better product, or product any faster out, or help company economically. Only thing it does is it locks whining people out from showing off their ignorance in forums that they dont understand what an early access is.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Ahem... :doh:

Stating fact is not whining.

Go a head and find a post from me where I whine that a Early Access module that I have purchased is not completed and it must be completed ASAP or I demand refunding, or that developers are to blame when they can't release a working product in Early Access because I didn't wait EA period to end....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I prefer early access model, because I do not whine on forums when I acknowledged that I am using a software product that is in development, and I can always reverse updates if needed, as well get to participate to testing as well learning in early phase.

Everyone else has always full rights and changes to sit out and wait that the module gets feature completed and out of early access before buying it....

release without early access does not deliver better product, or product any faster out, or help company economically. Only thing it does is it locks whining people out from showing off their ignorance in forums that they dont understand what an early access is.

Good for you.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to ...

When you purchase a Early Access title, you do not have to buy it again. You are simply buying it early, when many bugs are still present, and you are in the early stages of the game where the developers are still trying to get everything straight for the full release.

Have we clarified the EA question? Yes? Very good! What does that have to do with whining, ignorant people? If there are people in DCS who just don't want to support this crap?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

LMAO! Fri13 > I usually just skip reading your post, but this one made my day!

Hillarious :megalol:

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

A two page thread about a release date and nobody made the "Two weeks" remark? Amazing...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Do trees offer concealment against the AI in DCS?

Yes and no.

You can hide behind trees and brake radar lock(Shilka vs me in Chopper) but what can happen is that they keep looking in your direction and if a little part is showing they open fire again. I also observed that after braking LOS behind some tree lines and letting pass some seconds(can't remember how much) that the Shilka/Tanks/BMP returned their weapons to default position aka weren't looking in my direction anymore.

But in general they are fast, popping up behind a tree line you will not have much time before they start shooting if you are in their weapons range.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yes and no.

You can hide behind trees and brake radar lock(Shilka vs me in Chopper) but what can happen is that they keep looking in your direction and if a little part is showing they open fire again. I also observed that after braking LOS behind some tree lines and letting pass some seconds(can't remember how much) that the Shilka/Tanks/BMP returned their weapons to default position aka weren't looking in my direction anymore.

But in general they are fast, popping up behind a tree line you will not have much time before they start shooting if you are in their weapons range.

I see, I guess that's because radar frequency, wave length and resolution are not simulated?

How about skylining? Does this affect in any way the AI spotting, either visual or radar?

Edited by stormridersp

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Do trees offer concealment against the AI in DCS?

This is related to the release date discussion how again?????

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle