Bubble question

AMEDooley

So I have a question about the bubbles being up on the SC. We have the shooters on the deck and the bubble up in the SC at the moment. This would not be the case on the actual carrier. If the shooters are on the deck then the bubbles wouldn’t be used. As can be seen here

If the bubble was being used then the shooter would be in the bubble and the guy on the deck would just be a safety observer (green jersey, green cranial, yellow float coat) as can be seen here:

Is this a limitation for the SC or something that might get added later? Just honest curiosity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My understanding was the shooter ( yellow shirt the points forward at launch) is always present regardless of where the bloke pressing the launch button is located. When the integrated catapult control station (bubble) is in use, the launch is controlled from here. When the older remote launch stations are used, the officers are on deck level.

Super carrier only models the ICCS at the moment, there is no remote station currently.

ICCS

bubble1.jpg

Remote launch station

old2.jpg

The page describes the differences well:

https://www.navysite.de/cvn/flightdeck.htm#cat

Edited by norman99

My understanding was the shooter ( yellow shirt the points forward at launch) is always present regardless of where the bloke pressing the launch button is located. When the integrated catapult control station (bubble) is in use, the launch is controlled from here. When the older remote launch stations are used, the officers are on deck level.

Super carrier only models the ICCS at the moment, there is no remote station currently.

ICCS

bubble1.jpg

Remote launch station

old2.jpg

The page describes the differences well:

https://www.navysite.de/cvn/flightdeck.htm#cat

You are correct.

DCS Open Beta, I9-10900K(5.1 OC), Asus Z490 Maximus Hero XII, EVGA FTW3 2080TI, 32 GB, TM Wathog Throttle and Stick (Virpil base), Valve Index VR

• 2 weeks later...

The pictures you supplied don’t show the shooter on the deck with the bubble up. The Shooter has a yellow jersey, yellow float coat, green cranial with orange stripes. He’s also an officer. The person in your photo is a safety observer who is enlisted, and wears a green jersey, yellow float coat, and green cranial with orange stripes. He isn’t the one that is commanding the launch of the aircraft, he’s just the safety observe on the deck. The shooter is in the bubble and not on the deck when the bubble is in use.

The guy in the lower photo is setting the steam pressure needed for the catapult depending on the weight of the aircraft. When the bubble is in use, they are in the bubble with the shooter, and when the bubble isn’t in use they are on the deck using the controls in the hatch.

It’s a subtle difference, but it is a difference. I’m just wondering if they’re going to model this or if it’s a bit too much. I honestly don’t care either way. Just a question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The pictures you supplied don’t show the shooter on the deck with the bubble up. The Shooter has a yellow jersey, yellow float coat, green cranial with orange stripes. He’s also an officer. The person in your photo is a safety observer who is enlisted, and wears a green jersey, yellow float coat, and green cranial with orange stripes. He isn’t the one that is commanding the launch of the aircraft, he’s just the safety observe on the deck. The shooter is in the bubble and not on the deck when the bubble is in use.

The guy in the lower photo is setting the steam pressure needed for the catapult depending on the weight of the aircraft. When the bubble is in use, they are in the bubble with the shooter, and when the bubble isn’t in use they are on the deck using the controls in the hatch.

It’s a subtle difference, but it is a difference. I’m just wondering if they’re going to model this or if it’s a bit too much. I honestly don’t care either way. Just a question.

Good observation man. I noticed it too but didn't think it was enough to mention. It will be interesting to see how far ED takes this SC. There's so much more (minor) that could be changed nut I'm having fun with it at the moment. IRL, the deck is so complicated and dynamic that I'm not sure what could be implemented.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!