Index issue on deck

Tried a search and also posted in VR section without response so casting a wider net. Sorry if its a duplicate

On super carrier deck, if I look at super structure I get flashing black Outs from eye to eye. 50 fPS.

Flying everything is great, just on deck and looking at tower.

Deleted fxo and shaders, no mods and In f14 in sp or mp. On the Index btw.

Seems in the past the flashing black screen thing came up but I can’t find anything

Thanks!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

+1, same for me with F18. Only one plane and one supercarrier

PS: If you fly at very low altitude over the supercarrier, you will have the same problem ... just over.... like a flash. If you're on the deck (cat 1), you can have only one eye active ... when looking to the super structure (island) in a particular angle.

Edited by sunski34

Thanks. If there is 2, there are more. Maybe then we can figure a solution

Regards!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I had this happen to me (1080ti, Index) but only when I had MSAA enabled - F-14 on the deck of the Supercarrier when I would turn my head towards any objects, primarily with the tower but also with smoke/steam trails of launching aircraft. I tried changing the new mask size parameter and no difference.

I wasn't experiencing whole eye blackouts, but rather large black rectangles about the size of aircraft.

I disabled MSAA and no longer had the problem.

My buddy reported he was also getting black rectangles at one point briefly while using a Odyssey+. AFAIK it was only brief for him.

In my case, with Index, tried night ops and it´s a slide show when i look to the island/lights :/

Very low fps at night. Anyone here with same problem?

Thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Same with the Reverb, turning off MSAA also fixed it.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

how do you guys play withous msaa ? is there an equivalent in nvidia panel ? my eyes are crying without msaa everything look uhhh bad

There are both FXAA and MFAA options available.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I flipped off Msaa, loaded in, closed out. Turned msaa back on, runs fine.

Strange

Bump, a mod please acknowledge this problem

They know about it, I reported it like ~4 days ago and the thread has a [REPORTED] marking. I spoke with one of the ED guys directly prior to reporting it so hopefully, that qualifies. The good news is this is getting a ton of attention as every thread that pops up and is related is a few pages deep.

It's strange it just happens to the Index though, I plugged in a Rift S just to see and it wasn't a factor. Plugged the index back in and it's here. The whole MSAA off --> on thing did work but I don't think that is an actual fix, more like a workaround.

They know about it, I reported it like ~4 days ago and the thread has a [REPORTED] marking. I spoke with one of the ED guys directly prior to reporting it so hopefully, that qualifies. The good news is this is getting a ton of attention as every thread that pops up and is related is a few pages deep.

It's strange it just happens to the Index though, I plugged in a Rift S just to see and it wasn't a factor. Plugged the index back in and it's here. The whole MSAA off --> on thing did work but I don't think that is an actual fix, more like a workaround.

given the issue is also in WMR devices I would guess that SteamVR maybe the common factor.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Tried a search and also posted in VR section without response so casting a wider net. Sorry if its a duplicate

On super carrier deck, if I look at super structure I get flashing black Outs from eye to eye. 50 fPS.

Flying everything is great, just on deck and looking at tower.

Deleted fxo and shaders, no mods and In f14 in sp or mp. On the Index btw.

Seems in the past the flashing black screen thing came up but I can’t find anything

Thanks!

Had the black bar problem consistently.

It has some how stopped now. Not changed anything and this was before yesterdays update.

The only thing different was that I went multiplayer with my buddy for the first time. We started in the cold start SC mission and I was fully expecting the black bars . But no they have gone and have gone since. Very strange.

Thought I would put it out there as until then I had not gone on multiplayer.

Not sure what this means but there it is !

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.