Incorrect CASE III marshal altitudes in MP

TonyG

Pretty sure this is a bug but wanted to see if anyone else had experienced it in MP.

Three of us came back to the Roosevelt last night. Called in and were given 7000/22, 8000/23, 9000/24. Strange issue because there was no one at 6000/21.

I landed and took off again. When I called into marshal, I was assigned 10000/25, but there were no other aircraft in the miz with me.

Anyone else experience issues with case III marshal?

So something like the stacks are not reverting?

I've not had a 7/22 when a 6/21 was available, or seen stacks not revert afterwards, but I had not seen the latter circumstance tested. Was there any time you can specify between the top stack leaving his marshall and you asking for inbound so I can have a look?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yes, the stacks are not reverting. I think we missed a step on the recovery, as we all got

LSO: GRADE: NC : No proper communications

but it seems like it didn't take us out of the stack. Just kept adding to it. I can't remember how Airboss purges the stack, but maybe that needs to be added to SC? Partially user bug, but at the same point there should be the ability for the system to reset itself.

I think a problem accumulates and ends up breaking the atc comms and also the deck crew. Last night my sqn did an MP test in case 3 with over a dozen people. It just got progressively worse until nothing worked, including deck crew for launching. Repeated request for launch made no difference. Every so often the crew would wake up and direct someone onto the cat, but mostly they didn't. We tentatively think it's due to the atc comms on recovery getting overwhelmed and not clearing stale marshall slots. It also seems to assign the same bort numbers to multiple aircraft causing confusion. Comms get mixed up and stop responding. If the CVN transition from case 3 to case 1 it can leave some people stuck forever in case 3 comms even though the cvn is now working case 1.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Incorrect CASE III marshal altitudes in MP

Yes, the stacks are not reverting. I think we missed a step on the recovery, as we all got

LSO: GRADE: NC : No proper communications

but it seems like it didn't take us out of the stack. Just kept adding to it. I can't remember how Airboss purges the stack, but maybe that needs to be added to SC? Partially user bug, but at the same point there should be the ability for the system to reset itself.

Did you do all the comms at the correct time/position (commencing/check in/platform) and did the marshall/approach/lso answer you?

with more then 10 players in case 3 we didn’t encounter these issues.

But if you confirm that you did everything by the book this could be worth a track

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Is there any guide for complete and correct Plane-Carrier COMMs? I have been trying from what I've read here and there and 8 out of 10 I get "LSO: GRADE: NC : No proper communications"

Edited by t-stoff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

Did you do all the comms at the correct time/position (commencing/check in/platform) and did the marshall/approach/lso answer you?

with more then 10 players in case 3 we didn’t encounter these issues.

But if you confirm that you did everything by the book this could be worth a track

Hi, no offence but Do you expect that in multiplayer mission 24/7, no one will make a mistake in communication? this will happen is more than likely, and does it mean that everyone else will not be able to land correctly? In our mission, this happens normally, to CVN73 TR i report inbound, I get case I recovery, but my pilot does a readback to case III. Then there is no other option than to accept it, even if I cancel the inbound, the same situation will always happen :(

I dont think that it's the player mistake.

I know it's WIP, but....

Odesláno z mého CLT-L09 pomocí Tapatalk

Yes, in the manual, as always. Updated yesterday btw. Page 59. Helps a lot to read it.

Yeah I know I'm in this "business" since Falcon 3.0, but frankly I didn't even know that the Super-Carrier had a manual. Too many modules. Too many sims. Can't stay on top all the time

But thanks! :thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

We tried it again a couple of nights ago, and things worked as they should.

However, it doesn’t appear SC marshal has a way to clear aircraft out of the stack if they’ve left to resume own navigation or missed a step. In large perpetual servers, this could compound and cause issues. It would be good if there was a way to clear the queue to reset things.