[TRACK REQUIRED] CASE3 marshals you on the reciprocal heading

From my testing the ATC always has you marshal on the reciprocal carrier heading in CASE3, which to the best of my knowledge is never done IRL - the marshal stack should be offset to the port or starboard (just as Wags himself explained in this video from 2 years ago

:) )

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

From my testing the ATC always has you marshal on the reciprocal carrier heading in CASE3, which to the best of my knowledge is never done IRL - the marshal stack should be offset to the port or starboard (just as Wags himself explained in this video from 2 years ago
:) )

It is case III cv1 approach type where the marshall stack is directly behind the boat (if you listen to the first response from the marshall she will tell you “courage marshall case III recovery cv-1 approach.....etc etc etc) What is offset is cv3 approach.

She gives you the reciprocal radial of the final approach headingbecause you need to do fly your holding stack on the back of the ship....if the radial would be the one of final approach you will be orbiting on the wrong side.

When you commence and will check-in with the approach they will give you final heading and you can change crs on the HSI.

I hope i was clear enough to make you understand :)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Sure, will do that tomorrow, thank you! :)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It is case III cv1 approach type where the marshall stack is directly behind the boat (if you listen to the first response from the marshall she will tell you “courage marshall case III recovery cv-1 approach.....etc etc etc) What is offset is cv3 approach.

She gives you the reciprocal radial of the final approach because you need to do fly your holding stack on the back of the ship....if the radial would be the one of final approach you will be orbiting on the wrong side.

I hope i was clear enough to make you understand :)

I understand what the various CV-X mean, but here's the thing: to the best of my knowledge, CV-1 is NOT used in real life, only the offset approaches. If the carrier ATC is giving you the various ones and I had the CV-1 by chance, ok, I can live with that - but it really needs offset marshal stacks, to be realistic.

I understand what the various CV-X mean, but here's the thing: to the best of my knowledge, CV-1 is NOT used in real life, only the offset approaches. If the carrier ATC is giving you the various ones and I had the CV-1 by chance, ok, I can live with that - but it really needs offset marshal stacks, to be realistic.

For now it is implemented this way.

Honestly I don’t know if there are plans to add cv-3 type approaches. Where you switch radial around 14/12 nm from mother.

But consider that this is early access so many things are WIP and will probably change.

If you want to submit a track as Nineline directed you...then do, but i think that this is the intended behavior, at least for now.

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

For now it is implemented this way.

Honestly I don’t know if there are plans to add cv-3 type approaches. Where you switch radial around 14/12 nm from mother.

But consider that this is early access so many things are WIP and will probably change.

If you want to submit a track as Nineline directed you...then do, but i think that this is the intended behavior, at least for now.

You are absolutely right in this being WIP, but this also means this is the right time and place to ask about this, don't you agree? Of course I will also attach a track, and am looking forward to some clarification, since like I said: even Wags Video on Case3s from 2 years ago shows the basic offset marshal principle.

Still thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!

You are absolutely right in this being WIP, but this also means this is the right time and place to ask about this, don't you agree? Of course I will also attach a track, and am looking forward to some clarification, since like I said: even Wags Video on Case3s from 2 years ago shows the basic offset marshal principle.

Still thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!

Sure...i agree...but i am just telling that this is the indented behavior for now, and not a bug.

Maybe you could open a thread in the wishlist section :)

Sure...i agree...but i am just telling that this is the indented behavior for now, and not a bug.

Maybe you could open a thread in the wishlist section :)

Well, it MAY be a bug, if the CV-3 is implemented, but ATC doesn't trigger it, right? So, I'll post the track file now, and if it is indeed not a bug, but WIP I'm sure nineline oder Bignewy will move it to wishlist. :)

So, @NineLine or @BIGNEWY: attached is a track of a very small CASE3 training mission.

The Carrier's heading is 326, so it correctly gives a final bearing of 316 and an equally correct CV-1 marshal of 136. This is not a bug, but correct, BUT: in real life CASE2 or CASE3 the CV-1 is, to the best my knowledge, not (or at least rarely) used. You would be stacked at a radial offset by usually up to 30° - so it should be 106° or 166° in this case.

CNATRA P-816 says on page 2-19:

"Marshal Holding:

If Marshal directs a Case II recovery, the flight will proceed to Case II/III marshal pattern holding fix. Ideally, the holding fix will be on the 180 radial relative to FB. Weather and airspace considerations may not allow for this. Generally, the holding radial will be within 30 degrees of the 180 radial. Aircraft will hold on the assigned radial at a distance equal to 1 NM for every 1,000 feet of altitude plus 15."

Which brings the essence of my question down to: is this a bug, and the different radials are implemented but not yet called up, or is this WIP and we can expect more realistic holding stacks later on? Thank you very much! :)

case3_marshal.trk

Edited by Shimmergloom667

So, @NineLine or @BIGNEWY: attached is a track of a very small CASE3 training mission.

The Carrier's heading is 326, so it correctly gives a final bearing of 316 and an equally correct CV-1 marshal of 136. This is not a bug, but correct, BUT: in real life CASE2 or CASE3 the CV-1 is, to the best my knowledge, not (or at least rarely) used. You would be stacked at a radial offset by usually up to 30° - so it should be 106° or 166° in this case.

CNATRA P-816 says on page 2-19:

"Marshal Holding:

If Marshal directs a Case II recovery, the flight will proceed to Case II/III marshal pattern holding fix. Ideally, the holding fix will be on the 180 radial relative to FB. Weather and airspace considerations may not allow for this. Generally, the holding radial will be within 30 degrees of the 180 radial. Aircraft will hold on the assigned radial at a distance equal to 1 NM for every 1,000 feet of altitude plus 15."

Which brings the essence of my question down to: is this a bug, and the different radials are implemented but not yet called up, or is this WIP and we can expect more realistic holding stacks later on? Thank you very much! :)

Shimmergoom667...it is not a bug, it is just the way it is implemented for now (only cv1 approaches)...I am not guessing...

If this will change in the future....well this is not known to me and I won’t do any guess on this matter.

So your track just shows the intended behavior (I repeat at least for now).

hello and stay safe :)

Shimmergoom667...it is not a bug, it is just the way it is implemented for now (only cv1 approaches)...I am not guessing...

But how do you know - are you part of the team? If not, then I would very much like an answer from Bignewy or Nineline, thankyouverymuch :)

If this will change in the future....well this is not known to me and I won’t do any guess on this matter.

So your track just shows the intended behavior (I repeat at least for now).

I know, this is why I am asking the team. See above. :)

hello and stay safe :)

You too!

Also, @Bignewy and @Nineline: here is a post from Wags himself, clearly stating that CV-1 on a radial of 180° relative to FB is not regularly used:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3573410&postcount=7

Edited by Shimmergloom667

But how do you know - are you part of the team? If not, then I would very much like an answer from Bignewy or Nineline, thankyouverymuch :)

I know, this is why I am asking the team. See above. :)

You too!

On who I am...I prefer let Bignewy or NineLine to answer

On the matter, to be clear...i am not telling that you are wrong...on the contrary I know you are correct

But this is not a bug as it is simply how it is implemented...at least for now.

Anyway you could add this topic to the wishlist section.

I think many people will concur with you.

Edited by VirusAM

Anyway you could add this topic to the wishlist section.

I think many people will concur with you.

I will, if BN or 9L don't move it there! Thanks for your support! :)