Thrustmaster Warthog Off Detent to Idle not working

Hi

New to the Hornet and am following Chuck Guide for starting up. However when i move my throttles from the off Detent to Idle nothing happens and i have to press the actual Keyboard Controls.

How can i fix this?

Thanks

Hi

New to the Hornet and am following Chuck Guide for starting up. However when i move my throttles from the off Detent to Idle nothing happens and i have to press the actual Keyboard Controls.

How can i fix this?

Thanks

Do you have the off button bound to the idle/off binding?

Do you have controls set to sync your HOTAS on startup?

Hi RandomToten

The 3d Throttles do not move when i apply power.

However when i move them from off to Idle i can see that happening.

I also have the Thrustmaster Hornet Grip. One thing i notice is when i press the buttons on the Grip that they do not happen on the 3D Grip.

Rob10

I am not sure what you mean in regards of the idle/off binding.

I do have the sync to HOTAS option ticked.

Thanks for any help/advice.

you need to bind

Throttle (Left) OFF/IDLE to JOY_BTN30

Throttle (Right) OFF/IDLE to JOY_BTN29

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

you need to bind

Throttle (Left) OFF/IDLE to JOY_BTN30

Throttle (Right) OFF/IDLE to JOY_BTN29

Hi

I added a photo from my phone so sorry for quality.

This is what my settings show at the moment.

How do i map this?

Not sure how to map it being in an idle start position and then going over the detent bump to idle?

Also any idea why when i move a hat switch etc on my F/A-18 Grip it doesn't show on the 3D Grip?

Thanks

193915040_20200522_130226(1).thumb.jpg.8a1a56e06fe14f7e1937ee1882dc19fa.jpg

Ok i managed to get the Off/idle thing mapped and the throttles now move in 3D as on my HOTAS so thank you.

A few other questions

As mentioned before the 3D Joystick buttons on the Hornet Grip don't do anything when pressing the corresponding button on my Thrustmaster Hornet Grip. Any idea why?

Also when putting my Throttles full forward i get 99% and sometimes 100%. How can i make sure always 100%?

And lastly is there an afterburner function of more than 100% and if so how do i make that work?

Thanks

bunraku,

Glad you got your bindings sorted.

Please see the following for information on setting bindings.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/controller_walk_through/

Re: 3d joystick buttons, 99% vs 100%,

That might just be how the DCS F/A-18C is right now. Just make sure that your Hornet grip is bound correctly, and that the appropriate functions work when you press them (i.e. trim works, Sensor Select Switch, Pickle, Trigger etc.)

Having them work is more important than seeing them move.

It's a limitation of hardware that sometimes they will only see 99% when at maximum travel. It's normal.

Edited by randomTOTEN

Ok. 1 Last question.

When using the trim button on the joystick is it a long continuous hold or push then push then push.

Thanks

Both will work. I personally would trim as much as possible with small deliberate ticks. If necessary multiple in short succession, as you get a better feel for "how much" you need to trim.

When you call up the FCS page you ca check the values, especially the stabilators...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)