Tail numbers

KPenn5

Maybe they should 'fiddle' with it till it doesn't looking completely f'ing stupid...

To everyone who complains about it. I made the IAF liveries, and I'm grateful for that change. It allows for more flexibility and realism when creating export (and also USAF aggressors) versions of the liveries.

Livery makers should accept the possibility of changes to the 3d model, especially during the early stages of EA. Those liveries have to be properly maintained over time, just like pieces of code.

Livery makers should accept the possibility of changes to the 3d model, especially during the early stages of EA. Those liveries have to be properly maintained over time, just like pieces of code.

And we willingly accept that possibility and responsibility, but what we don't like is when the model itself breaks the skin. In this case, there is apparently no longer a way to have our custom bort texture applied, and even worse, there appears to be no alpha channel so any non-grey tail looks like garbage with no way to fix it.

And we willingly accept that possibility and responsibility, but what we don't like is when the model itself breaks the skin. In this case, there is apparently no longer a way to have our custom bort texture applied, and even worse, there appears to be no alpha channel so any non-grey tail looks like garbage with no way to fix it.

THIS ^

Don't implement change for the sake of change. If you are going to change how bort numbers are displayed for the better, fine. BUT IT HAS TO WORK. In the current state is doesn't. This is doing nothing but causing issues that livery makers can't fix because its hard coded. This is just another example of ED changing/pushing something half-assed, not working, and unfinished.

Same thing with the surprised change to the F/A-18C Helmets, nothing about it in the change log, and even default liveries are incorrect. In the military we have a term for this, the good idea fairy. Whats next, are they going to change the F/A-18C bort numbers too?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

To clarify, I like the idea that is being implemented with the custom borts. I would love more options and the ability to apply the number of digits I would like. I would just like to be able to do it with custom bort textures and have the alpha channel work as advertised.

Are you sure about that? Custom made bort number on a tail that isn't gray.

iym4mlH.png

In the LUA description you have to remove all _001, _10, _100, _X001, _X100 bordnumbers.

Then you have to add the lines :

custom_args =

{

[1000] = 1.0,

[1001] = 1.0,

[1002] = 1.0,

[1003] = 1.0,

}

Description.thumb.gif.451a64092cb8ee13ded5cd9459d4501d.gif

Screen_200607_230641.thumb.gif.6b6eb5c51c607081d763bd30b702131b.gif

Edited by Jeroen1974

• 3 weeks later...
In the LUA description you have to remove all _001, _10, _100, _X001, _X100 bordnumbers.

Then you have to add the lines :

custom_args =

{

[1000] = 1.0,

[1001] = 1.0,

[1002] = 1.0,

[1003] = 1.0,

}

Thanks, this fixes the tail, but the Nose, Intake, and Fuel Door are still messed up and still showing the background color.

Seriously, why is ED making these changes and not even updating the stock skins? Why is it our job to figure this stuff out on our own?

Edited by DDSSTT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because its open beta and an unfinished project. Would be nice to see ED at least warn the skinners that patches coming in would be broken due to some fix to the model or whatever prior to a patch release...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I'm sorry, but "because its open beta" is not an excuse for ED to implement changes and then completely fail to implement said changes on their own product.

This change should have stayed in an internal build until it was ready to push out in an OP patch, especially when its only half done and not even applied on the default skins.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sorry, but "because its open beta" is not an excuse for ED to implement changes and then completely fail to implement said changes on their own product.

This change should have stayed in an internal build until it was ready to push out in an OP patch, especially when its only half done and not even applied on the default skins.

Hate to say it, but it "could" be closed beta and beta testers would still be subject to the same issues we're facing with skinning. This is probably the earliest EARLIEST openbeta builds that came out for us to play with since they started doing so with the A-10C. Had the same issues with the Hornet, Huey, Mustang, and a few other aircraft on early access. Is what it is. I dont enjoy them breaking every time a patch gets released, I get around that by not flying it all that much. Ive already had one heart attack; this is something stupid enough to not fret over because we all know the jobs not even close to being finished. Believe me, I get it. This is something skinners should just either deal with it or let it go.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins