When can we expect critical bugs to be fixed?

bkthunder

No word on these critical bugs since months.

Can ED please give us F-5 owners some clear information on when these will be fixed?

Please make a committment to fix broken products. I am not asking for new features, I am asking that if you break something while releasing a myriad of new things, you at least fix it in a reasonable time frame.

Bugs have been repoted and akcnowledged, what's next?

Wind:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214854

Wind affecting engine:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266215

Inconsistent engine / throttle response and values:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260974

Thanks.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

+1

After having received and acknowledged such detailed reports about these issues it would indeed be nice to be kept in the loop by the developers...

Regards,

Sylvain

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog #11615

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

+1 also, as one of the few properly released modules it's not particularly encouraging to see the amount of regressions that are allowed to slip in and go unaddressed.

In my humble opinion, regressions to released modules should block OB releases going to Stable.

To that end, it's just daft that to get the F-5 to its released quality, you have to manually modify scripts or download mods.

Make the F5 great again.

Please also fix the texturing regressions:

Range gate indicators have gone from the radar:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245783

Various missing textures:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270179

+1 also, as one of the few properly released modules it's not particularly encouraging to see the amount of regressions that are allowed to slip in and go unaddressed.

In my humble opinion, regressions to released modules should block OB releases going to Stable.

To that end, it's just daft that to get the F-5 to its released quality, you have to manually modify scripts or download mods.

Make the F5 great again.

Please also fix the texturing regressions:

Range gate indicators have gone from the radar:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245783

Various missing textures:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270179

The range indicators are fixed. Not sure when it happened as I've used a cockpit mod for a while, but I just switched back to default and it's been fixed.

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Has the RWR filter also been fixed. I've become so used to having a mod that makes the thing work that I've long since forgotten to check the default behaviour. :D

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Hey guys, got a question we are talking about critical bugs on the f-5, did one of you guys noticed that when you fly the plane with like RPM set to 90% and when the speed reach 450kts, the plane stay stuck for some second at this speed and accelerate by himself... Like none linear acceleration and it happen all the time it reach 450.... We do fly formation with the plane, we have to "dive in" over 450kts to keep my wingmans close to me and force the plane to fly over 450kts to be able to stay with them in formation...

Is that a bug or related to the engine performences? Did one of you guys noticed this "speed lock"

Take Care.

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Hey guys, got a question we are talking about critical bugs on the f-5, did one of you guys noticed that when you fly the plane with like RPM set to 90% and when the speed reach 450kts, the plane stay stuck for some second at this speed and accelerate by himself... Like none linear acceleration and it happen all the time it reach 450.... We do fly formation with the plane, we have to "dive in" over 450kts to keep my wingmans close to me and force the plane to fly over 450kts to be able to stay with them in formation...

Is that a bug or related to the engine performences? Did one of you guys noticed this "speed lock"

Take Care.

The FM Is so completely nonsense at this point I wouldn’t be surprised about anything. I mean the poor thing cannot be called a sim when it’s all based off the wrong data. The engines are bugged as hell, not only in relation to the wind bug, but the other bug about throttle position is also completely weird.

Look, I own most of the other modules (with some regret), but I would definitely pass on ALL of the updates for EA stuff when one of the few COMPLETE modules is so broken I can’t even fly it.

They should fix the release stuff that breaks before they add features to EA modules.

Now the SC will get all the attention, and here we are sitting with an F-5 that is collecting dust.

They even put it on the front page of one of the latest newsletters... I’m tired of this, really.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

It'll come as part of a F-5E 2.0 DLC

Seems to be the common theme nowadays

Well, if that's the case, I passed on the SC just as I will pass on ANY other product from ED or 3rd parties until they fix their s**** and deliver finished products with the promised features in good working order.

I am part of a niche minority, I know.

They did mention in one of the previous bug posts that fixes should be coming soon. It's just eerily quiet in this sub. Hope it hasn't been pushed to the wayside for the newer, shinier, a/c. I really miss flying the F-5, but can't bring myself to use it in this state.

Even though I don‘t own the F-5( among other things the open bugs stopped me from buying it) I found this behavior by ED super annoying.These are not small bugs and they already got the money for the tiger but still seemingly every minor Hornet and Falcon fix is more important than getting this fixed for their paying older customers.

Time and time again it‘s „we reported it to the team“ „should be fixed soon“ by the community managers and still this stuff remains bugged .

I totally understand that coding is difficult, and often times weird bugs are buried deep, taking many hours to track down and even more to fix. However, it'd be nice to hear an update, even if it's just a "yep, we're still working on it!"

Side note, I wonder if these issues are related to the KEAS/KCAS problems seemingly identified to be linked to many DCS aircraft.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276363

There might be some larger base coding problems that need to be sorted or rewritten, and it might affect all a/c (KEAS/KCAS, GS and wind issues, engine performance, etc...).I'm just spitballing, but a lot of those variables are highly interrelated, and speculated to be influencing the flightmodels (confirmed for the F-5 engine modeling at the very least). With zero wind, a lot of these problems go away, but I have a sneaking suspicion that something unintended is going on that's permeating throughout the code.

edit: spelling

I totally understand that coding is difficult, and often times weird bugs are buried deep, taking many hours to track down and even more to fix. However, it'd be nice to hear an update, even if it's just a "yep, we're still working on it!"

Side note, I wonder if these issues are related to the KEAS/KCAS problems seemingly identified to be linked to many DCS aircraft.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276363

There might be some larger base coding problems that need to be sorted or rewritten, and it might affect all a/c (KEAS/KCAS, GS and wind issues, engine performance, etc...).I'm just spitballing, but a lot of those variables are highly interrelated, and speculated to be influencing the flightmodels (confirmed for the F-5 engine modeling at the very least). With zero wind, a lot of these problems go away, but I have a sneaking suspicion that something unintended is going on that's permeating throughout the code.

edit: spelling

I fear exactly the same. Realyl wasn'y expecting the KEAS/KCAS thing, that's going pretty unnoticed but it's huge, it potencially affects every single FM including missiles. Considering the speed at which small bugs are fixed, this could take years and years to fix the bug itself and all cascading consequences of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping, I also enjoy the F5e and would like to see it finished properly.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

There are some weird problems with the engines. I keep encountering an odd issue where the engines suddenly lose RPM and sound like they're shutting down, but really, they just glitched. It doesn't happen all the time.

I have almost zero hope of anything being seriously addressed at this point.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Can anyone try to reproduce the bug related to headwind and tailwind requiring different thrust settings to maintain the same IAS?

It seems to me this one is solved. Couldn't reproduce at 30.000ft with 99kts of wind.

The other 2 bugs are still present in OpenBeta 2.5.6.50979.

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog #11615

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

Is there an issue with MSL dogfighting mode?

I was in the games basic one on one dogfighting mode and was behind the target the entire game but I never did get a missile lock despite have it in MSL mode.

Fire one of the missiles just to see and it went wild because there was no lock.

Do you have to use TDC to lock even when using heat seekers in MSL dogfighting mode?

Is there an issue with MSL dogfighting mode?

I was in the games basic one on one dogfighting mode and was behind the target the entire game but I never did get a missile lock despite have it in MSL mode.

Fire one of the missiles just to see and it went wild because there was no lock.

Do you have to use TDC to lock even when using heat seekers in MSL dogfighting mode?

You don't need to lock anything with the radar, or even have the radar on, for the AIM-9 to lock and track.

I've experienced a similar problem on occasion with the missile failing to obtain a lock. With enough time, it clears up and the missile will obtain a lock... almost as if the seeker isn't getting cooled initially.

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

You don't need to lock anything with the radar, or even have the radar on, for the AIM-9 to lock and track.

I've experienced a similar problem on occasion with the missile failing to obtain a lock. With enough time, it clears up and the missile will obtain a lock... almost as if the seeker isn't getting cooled initially.

Other than setting my UFC panel to "missile" mode is there anything else I should be doing before starting the fight?

I've read and seen lots of articles regarding cooling of the seeker head, uncaging the seeker head.

Am I supposed to be doing these thing manually or are they done for me as soon I switch to missile mode?