[RESOLVED] F2 view suddenly zooms out

berk.kp

• 3 weeks later...

I get the same kind of problem when in F2 view, coming from the cockpit.

When I'm sweeping the POV from behind the plane, the view SEEMS to zoom out.

But when I check the FOV value (Ctrl+Pause twice), I can see it doesn't change. So it appears that this is the position of the viewer that changes. Very strange.

If I sweep left and right multiple times, from the back, the same thing occurs, up to three or four times from what I can tell.

I don't know if its related, but the track IR is disabled in F2 view, and I use a TIR 'copy' along with opentrack (no problem at all with the device otherwise).

Please close the sound barrier when you leave.

Yep, I can confirm this. I was thinking it was something with my mouse....

Good for me not only me so. Pls fix it.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yep, I can confirm this. I was thinking it was something with my mouse....

Good for me not only me so. Pls fix it.

Yep, seen too, does it looking left rear or right rear, suddenly zooms out.

Not a massive issue but i can see how it can be annoying for the external eye candy users.

Intel® i9 9900K Coffee Lake OC 5.1GHz, ASUS ROG Maximum Formula LGA1151 MB, Windows 10® 64bit Pro, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, EVGA Black Edition 2080Ti OC GPU, 2 x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe 1TB Drives, 1 x Samsung Evo 860 2TB SSD, 1 x Seagate 2TB HDD, 1 x Acer™ Predator 35" 4K Wide Flat Monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Oculus Rift S

• 4 weeks later...

Spurious Zoom Out Commands

After Update to (2.5.6.49798)

Same Problem as Above Operators.

I have a Dozen Aircraft Modules - MiG-19 Farmer is the only one acting up like this.

So not me or my Machine - MiG-19 has a Bug or a Ghost !

PS: The more I fly the 19, the more I enjoy it. Hope RAZBAM can nail down a Fix :pilotfly: !

but can be annoying.

Yes, thats true, annoying "feature".

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

This bug exists still after few months when it was reported.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 3 weeks later...

It's not just from any particular side - for the player aircraft, the mouse movement feels 'laggy' and randomly zooms out, similar to how the camera is forced to zoom out where it might otherwise intersect the ground while, say, taking off or landing.

The problem is for the player aircraft only - viewing an AI wingman in a MiG-19 is fine and mouse movement feels normal. I haven't had a chance to check if the problem occurs while viewing another player's MiG yet.

EDIT - the cause seems to be the camera trying not to clip through the aircraft model. This response is drastically higher around the wingtips - zoom in too close, pan too close to the wingtips, and it kicks you way back out very abruptly.

Edited by rossmum

• 2 weeks later...
This issue is fixed for the next update.

It took some time because it was a hard one to find.

Good news, Thx Over. :)

Please also try to find this loop bug in VR mode :(.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 3 weeks later...

It was an issue with the MiG-19P only and it is fixed now.

Sometimes it will push back the view a little (maybe like 5 meters) when you´re looking just over the right wing, but it is mostly because there are measures in place so you can´t see inside the 3d model.

It is no longer as before when it would take the view 50 meters away from the aircraft from both the right and left side.

• 1 month later...