Admiral Kuznetsov crew animations

Duster

The Admiral Kuznetsov will have crew animations on the deck in the future?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

• 3 months later...
well, it feels bad. Paying $40 for a module named "supercarrier" that only brings updates for the american side is not nice since the thing is not really clear and one expect something more than just getting a new 3d model and wheel breaks. Im asking a refund now...

Technically, Kuznetsov is not supercarrier, it's more like a cruiser capable of carrying aircraft.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Technically, Kuznetsov is not supercarrier, it's more like a cruiser capable of carrying aircraft.

It is a carrier, and it was designed specially for not falling into certain restrictions imposed by international treaties where much bigger carries would have fall (it is a think about how big the carrier is and in wich seas the carrier can move)

If Kuznetsof was not going to be part of the development, then ED should have made it very clear. If you contact ED support, the answers you get about it is "read the forum" or read the module description, where Kuznetsov is mentioned, but the information is very vague, and no, it seems intentionally done like that to me.

Im asking a refund now, I hope ED has the politeness to do the right thing.

If they wanted to only update the 3d model... then they should have sold it separately and not charge the red team for blue upgrades.

It is a carrier, and it was designed specially for not falling into certain restrictions imposed by international treaties where much bigger carries would have fall (it is a think about how big the carrier is and in wich seas the carrier can move)

If Kuznetsof was not going to be part of the development, then ED should have made it very clear. If you contact ED support, the answers you get about it is "read the forum" or read the module description, where Kuznetsov is mentioned, but the information is very vague, and no, it seems intentionally done like that to me.

Im asking a refund now, I hope ED has the politeness to do the right thing.

If they wanted to only update the 3d model... then they should have sold it separately and not charge the red team for blue upgrades.

Not convinced about your logic here.

If you can find a statement from ED that it would include deck animations for Kutz, then you might have a case. As is, I certainly don’t remember that being mentioned.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

well, it feels bad. Paying $40 for a module named "supercarrier" that only brings updates for the american side is not nice since the thing is not really clear and one expect something more than just getting a new 3d model and wheel breaks. Im asking a refund now...

No offence man, but why would you want a refund? Personnaly, all the videos, images i've seen for the SuperCarrier was mainly showing the upgrade for the Stenis with american deck crew, i've never ever seen any russian crew or mentionned about it, even on the product page it mainly mentionned about the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class listing, even the first line gave a hint « DCS: Supercarrier is the most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created. »

If you go on and buy a product expecting to be more than it shows, though all was listed, i don't think a refund would be quite right.

You can use the US crew on the Kuznetsov, if you place the USAF agressors faction on the Red coalition:

MSwOwXX80XM

Of course, it is not the same as the catapult crew of the Stennis, but it does add quite a bit of immersion (in my humble opinion).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No offence man, but why would you want a refund? Personnaly, all the videos, images i've seen for the SuperCarrier was mainly showing the upgrade for the Stenis with american deck crew, i've never ever seen any russian crew or mentionned about it, even on the product page it mainly mentionned about the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class listing, even the first line gave a hint « DCS: Supercarrier is the most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created. »

If you go on and buy a product expecting to be more than it shows, though all was listed, i don't think a refund would be quite right.

Not exactly: I wrote a support ticket to ED asking for the super carrier features, and I asked what was goign to be added to the Kuznetsov. The answer I got was a "the new Kuznetsov is being also included", and nothing more than that.

So, if ED tell you "the new Kuznetsov...", one can be expeting something more than just a new 3D model, specially because that "new" 3D model is already being offered for free in the beta version.

Now you see the point? Ed never said the Kuznetsof was going to get great updates, but also never said the contrary when specifically asked about it.

And that is why I want my refund, I was expecting a "new Kuznetsov", and I only got a 3D model that is already being offered for free.

Not exactly: I wrote a support ticket to ED asking for the super carrier features, and I asked what was goign to be added to the Kuznetsov. The answer I got was a "the new Kuznetsov is being also included", and nothing more than that.

So, if ED tell you "the new Kuznetsov...", one can be expeting something more than just a new 3D model, specially because that "new" 3D model is already being offered for free in the beta version.

Now you see the point? Ed never said the Kuznetsof was going to get great updates, but also never said the contrary when specifically asked about it.

And that is why I want my refund, I was expecting a "new Kuznetsov", and I only got a 3D model that is already being offered for free.

It’s not completely free, unlike you who purchased I can’t fly the Su-33 off of it at all. If I went in multiplayer and tried to land on it it wouldn’t interact me. Whether the 3D model is “free” or not, however I would’ve preferred a red carrier module, it’s what we got and all the previews and everything else was pretty clear, and it’s still on sale right?

And FYI originally we weren’t going can going to be able to place the object without owning it, and for a long time you would have to buy supercarrier just to join a MP mission with it. After a community outcry, they decided to allow all players to place the needed objects but only owners can spawn and fly off them. So the new Nimitz 3D model? I have that without buying it. The US deck crew? Okay I don’t have that without buying it, but I can still place it. I can jump to American planes by F2 and see this new carrier in all its glory without paying for it. Just like how every single install of DCS has the 3D model exterior of every single airplane in game, you are only paying to have the cockpit and fly it as a pilot. I’m just trying to say, the reason people who didn’t buy it can “see” it is becuase of community outcry and ED was only trying to make a good compromise. You could get at the community for demanding access to missions with super carrier without buying it, but that won’t get you far.

Plainly in all of DCS we are not paying for 3D models but to use it. 3D models are needed but all users have acesss to every 3D model unlesss it’s part of the WWII asset pack. Would you prefer it that way where the Kuznetsov is exactly the same but people who didn’t buy it can’t place it or join your missions and thus the 3D model isn’t “free?”

No one blames you for being upset that ED made a super carrier module and threw in a Kuznetsov as a token, and while everyone hoped for more Kuznetsov content it was clear from the description to reviews that we weren’t getting the same treatment for redfor. I’m sorry to go this far, but it was your expectation of a “new” Kuznetsov being more, while it was clear from pre release videos that the antenna animation was broken and the model is from 2017. I hate to say it , but I think it’s your expectations that got you

What many of us had tried to do is get Su-33 refund for already having it after buying Supercarrier, that is one place I wish ED would give a little more room to. Becuase it is not a good purchase for redfor only flyers, and never was

And they did promise what way back in 2016 they would do a Kuznetsov in the same sentence as doing a a Nimitz. Perhaps that’s where the misconception comes from. I do wish they did a full Kuznetsov module, but even ED before release in FAQ was plain in saying “you have chock animations and JBD, spawn points remain the same.” It’s sad for red only fliers but it’s true and I’ll give them that they did communicate that much, I am personally happy they made the compromise to make it a place able object for all players and for it to not restrict MP access, other wise it would have fractured the community

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

This could be done with a mod!

Using this lua,

Placed in the correct location,

And with a few position edits.......

And All the needed files collected,

All put into a base sim mod,

You would get.....

Instant Deck Crew!:D

kuz-deckcrew.jpg

kuz-deckcrew2.jpg

The edits are needed to stop the crew from flying....without aircraft.....:megalol:

And a few could be removed and sent to the brig for drinkin.......and trying to go swimming.....:lol:

Please note, the SC is needed for this to work.....

CV_1143_5.lua

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."