I Gotta Re-Learn Everything!!

Phantom88

W O W....Wake Up Call!!!

I thought I knew it all:cry: I was hitting 3 wires with the Tomcat Blindfolded:joystick:...Then comes This New "Paddles LSO Jello" and His Fancy IFLOLS meatball system ...and I'm getting Wave-offs to the Point where The Tanker is running On Empty trying to keep me airbourne:cry:

4D44F901-4397-4705-88F2-6E3892DA5885.gif

Everytime Jello sees me on the Flight Deck....He's Like:mad::mad::mad::mad:

9545B44B-2B67-48C9-A755-87C2C62D2986.gif

How about You Guy's? Any change in your Landing Success Rate? ;)

Patrick

mini.gif

My success rate is way down. Crashing into the fantail again. Feel like I should go back to Nellis and practice basic landings.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

Definitely harder on the SC compared to the old Stennis. :joystick:

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

After about 30 traps today I finally managed a perfect pass. I hope I can do it again tomorrow :pilotfly::doh:

wow. congrats!! also, what frame-rate hits vs. Stennis are you getting? I'm guessing this is going to chew up some frames. I'll probably have to go to single monitor to play it.

Wave offs all the time even with no corrections, which has me scratching my head sometimes. I just go ahead and land for about half of them and take the Cut. I've managed a few OK passes with the Hornet. Usually rate of descent is too high...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I don't find trapping harder, but scoring is.

With alerax lso or airboss, I managed an OK or (OK) about 90% of the time.

On about 20 traps on the SC, I only managed to get 1 (OK), and all others were below average ---.

I am reassuring myself watching the scores of the AI. Even them are generally getting a below average !

But this below average grading is maybe in relation with the EG sensitivity reported. I noticed too that I receive plenty of EG comments, even if I don't pull back the throttle TL or IW.

Edited by jeff64

got my first Case III ok landing just now :joystick:

SWEET!!! Congrats!!

I'm getting a lot of last second wave-offs in The TomCat,And of course She's a Bigger Bird and much harder to make last second Power and Course Adjustments...which makes getting lined up right when "Calling The Ball" even more important.

Are any of you getting a slight bit of Turbulence directly behind The Boat? I know The Burble Effect is slated to come out later in development....But I'm wondering if DCS Snuck in a sample of it as a test?

Patrick

mini.gif

I'm fine !

2 nights ago we did case3 in thunderstorm, with 700ft forward visibility ! nailed it !

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Just here to point out that it doesn't matter what wire you catch. All that matters is the performance in the groove. If you were catching '3 wires' and are now being waved off, its possible that you have some work to do on your groove flying.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Practised CASE I's for about an hour today, and on the last one I finally got a 3 wire, (OK) BC (ball call before 3/4 mile). :D

Gotta practise a bit more but I'm starting to build new muscle memory already! :smartass:

so.. how does the grading actually work? I can land fine, but get almost exclusive C passes.. (ouch the ego)

Should i be level and straight before calling the ball? and at what distance?

edit... oh i see, the manual has been updated... wings level and in the groove @ 3/4 mile.. then call the ball and the grading starts..

Edited by Wait4It

That 3/4 miles thing is only for Case3, for case 1 and 2 you want to be at a distance such that you will have 15-18 seconds groove time. You will have to learn that from experience, but generally you start your turn as you can see the white on the fantail.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2