Gulf War: LANTIRN & AIM-7 SPARROW

stormrider

Your request will be denied. You will probably get an answer ..

The DCS version (2007) did not have AIM7.

Old song ..

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

I know that this module is in the back tracks now, but I'd like to request these two features:

LANTIRN and Aim-7 Sparrow

Thank you.

USAF F-16s NEVER had Sparrows. They flew with Sidewinders only during Desert Storm.

Only some export and sme very few National Guard variants had/have Sparrows, but not USAF Vipers.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

USAF F-16s NEVER had Sparrows. They flew with Sidewinders only during Desert Storm.

Only some export and sme very few National Guard variants had/have Sparrows, but not USAF Vipers.

F-15C also didnt use any AMRAAMs during ODS, but hey, in DCS they have.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

There's an ODS in DCS?

Having said that, I think it would be great if ED would add some older specced F-16 variant, like e.g. the LANTIRN capable Block 40.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Because the version in DCS is a post ODS version of the F-15C, just like the F-16C.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah you're right, it's always better to have less things to play with...

Not always, but if it's realistic. I want a version of the F-16 that actually exists in real life and not some Frankenviper that is a mix of various different (export-) variants...

Tornado3 small.jpg

Dont be silly

From your link:

eonothw/

So again: USAF Vipers NEVER had AIM-7! Not in ODS nor anywhere else! Only National Guard and export Vipers did carry the AIM-7, but in DCS we have the USAF variant, which did not!

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

For me it's incredible that the hardcore fanboys are expressively against a feature, a realistic feature that is, that would enable people to simulate different eras. Its a simulator after all. For real life restrictions, just join the air force ffs.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

For me it's incredible that the hardcore fanboys are expressively against a feature, a realistic feature that is, that would enable people to simulate different eras. Its a simulator after all. For real life restrictions, just join the air force ffs.

How often do I have to repeat myself? It's not a realistic feature for the F-16 variant we have in DCS! Just like Python or Harpoon missiles would not be realistic, although they are being used by other F-16 variants. DCS is about simulating realistic aircraft, not some Frankenplanes...

Tornado3 small.jpg

What about? It nowhere says that USAF F-16s carried the AIM-7...

The pictures of F-16s equipped with AIM-7 are special variants which are different than the one we have:

Air National Guard:

aaa.jpg?m=1371917438

YF-16 prototype:

aag.jpg?m=1371922989

Republic of China F-16:

93711.JPEG?m=1371917352

So again: No operational USAF F-16 was ever equipped with the AIM-7.

Tornado3 small.jpg

What about? It nowhere says that USAF F-16s carried the AIM-7...

The pictures of F-16s equipped with AIM-7 are special variants which are different than the one we have:

Air National Guard:

aaa.jpg?m=1371917438

YF-16 prototype:

aag.jpg?m=1371922989

Republic of China F-16:

93711.JPEG?m=1371917352

So again: No operational USAF F-16 was ever equipped with the AIM-7.

Great pictures!

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Great pictures!

They're from your own link

Tornado3 small.jpg

You would think that in a Sub-Section called "Wishlist" someone would be able to express his wishes whatever they may be without being harassed by the bearers of the pure?

Noone but the Developer has to make a decission on what will or will not be included. And yes, DCS is full of the so called "Frankenplanes".

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

You would think that in a Sub-Section called "Wishlist" someone would be able to express his wishes whatever they may be without being harassed by the bearers of the pure?

Noone but the Developer has to make a decission on what will or will not be included. And yes, DCS is full of the so called "Frankenplanes".

Of course he can make whishes, but he should stop calling it realistic, when it is not...

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not always, but if it's realistic. I want a version of the F-16 that actually exists in real life and not some Frankenviper that is a mix of various different (export-) variants...

Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster. :doh:

Sorry just while we are needling people about being accurate......:smilewink:

-S

Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster. :doh:

Sorry just while we are needling people about being accurate......:smilewink:

-S

+1 :-D

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline