Keyword training

SkipperSMG

well, i did a lot of training but then did not click the finish button. It said I still had 416 unresolved aliases. So I guess to make the training 'stick' I have to 'Finish', even if I did not add any new words.

I am thinking about adding words to control the OSB buttons in the A10.

As others have said, the training is there, Finish is about making sure you can use all your trained words in DCS because they need to be in the VA profile list for them to be recognised. A simple flow to how it works is:

1. VA listens for your voice and then checks the words / phrases in the profile list (pencil button) for a match. These are the commands you copy from Vaicom to VA with the Finish button. If there is no match, Vaicom will not be called

2. If a match is found the steps associated with that command will be actioned. In this case that will be to use the Vaicom plugin

3. The Vaicom plugin then uses the matched command to communicate with DCS and get the response

If you are going to add additional commands it is best to create a separate profile, put your commands in it and daisy chain it to the Vaicom one. To daisy chain them ensure Vaicom is the selected VA profile, click on the pencil and then click on the Options button next to the profile name. There will then be an option to 'Include commands from other profiles'

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...

I am giving the training another go. I now have MS offering words from its speech recognition database and sometimes a useless pop up which it wants me to select which of the 9 incorrect words/phrases (ALTERNATIVES) I want. What am I doing wrong? I thought that Viacom only looked at the list of keywords in its database.

Edited by DD_Crash
more words

• 4 months later...
I have the exact same problems you have described here DD_Crash. REALLY wish this software would at least attempt to work the way it's supposed to!
It does - have you done the basic Microsoft speech training in Windows?

I did this before I even started with Vaicom and it helped

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

11 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

It does - have you done the basic Microsoft speech training in Windows?

I did this before I even started with Vaicom and it helped

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Only about a dozen times.

The frustrating thing is that the software seems to be so inconsistent. Like was posted in this thread, why does the Microsoft thing give the suggestion list sometimes and not others. It's being started from Vaicom per the instructions every time, but just seems to do a different thing randomly.

7 hours ago, DOMlNO said:

Only about a dozen times.

The frustrating thing is that the software seems to be so inconsistent. Like was posted in this thread, why does the Microsoft thing give the suggestion list sometimes and not others. It's being started from Vaicom per the instructions every time, but just seems to do a different thing randomly.

You do realize you are complaining about a Microsoft feature, not VAICOM, right? When I got started with VAICOM I learned I needed to upgrade my microphone before I could start getting reliable voice recognition. Also, turn off your speakers and switch to headphones. The phrases that the voice recognition system is prompting in the example include the correct word "chief" echoed more than once. So I think you have a problem with echos being heard by the speech recognition software. It's not a VAICOM problem.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals