FIX your game!

First of all, i am with ED since 2004 and i never felt the need to write something like that.

I am so disappointed it is hard to find the right words....

I hope there will be some competition thats blows your company away.

ED you are the reason why i hate early access... and dont say "just dont buy early access products" is there a single module that is finished AND has good performance?

22fps with the SC in VR with 7700K @ 5.0 ghz 32GB ram and rtx 2070.

There are many many insults in my head right now i would like to throw in your direction...

Just FIX your game or die to your competetors. ohh wait there are no competetors....

First of all, i am with ED since 2004 and i never felt the need to write something like that.

I am so disappointed it is hard to find the right words....

I hope there will be some competition thats blows your company away.

ED you are the reason why i hate early access... and dont say "just dont buy early access products" is there a single module that is finished AND has good performance?

22fps with the SC in VR with 7700K @ 5.0 ghz 32GB ram and rtx 2070.

There are many many insults in my head right now i would like to throw in your direction...

Just FIX your game or die to your competetors. ohh wait there are no competetors....

But you could put all that energy into game design studies and start a business. Or even better start game design and help ED to make things even better.

I dont see how your post is helping.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Maybe watch the video linked in https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270012 and listen to why ED use early access as a way to develop very complicated modules.

Also, if you have a specific problem, maybe you should read the many posts on the performance issues with 2.5.6 and hopefully find a fix.

Opening posts like this will achieve nothing but to drive your blood pressure up

Maybe watch the video linked in https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270012 and listen to why ED use early access as a way to develop very complicated modules.

Also, if you have a specific problem, maybe you should read the many posts on the performance issues with 2.5.6 and hopefully find a fix.

Opening posts like this will achieve nothing but to drive your blood pressure up

Agree

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

cpt.miller - bye bye...troll

Modules - F/A-18|F-16|F-14|F-5|F-86|A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|JF-17|MiG-15|MiG-21|M2000C|C101|L39|FC3|UH-1H|Ka-50|Mi-8|SA342|P-51D|Spitfire Mk9|Bf-109K4|Fw-190D9|CA|SC|PG|NTTR|

System - 8700K @4.9Ghz, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GTX-1080,VKB Gunfighter and Warthog Hotas,Track-IR

i am so tired... thats what dcs is to me, looking for fixes

Maybe take a couple of weeks out and do something else?

I'm not saying it will be much different when you come back, even if the 'bug of the day' might have changed, but it might help to recharge those batteries and to help retrieve the obvious enthusiasm/passion that has kept you in DCS for all these years.

i am so tired... thats what dcs is to me, looking for fixes

I know it is a question that could get you even more upset but have you thought about using stable DCS? I certainly know that it is hard to wait half a year for features others already have but it avoids lots of what makes you tired. No offence. I understand your frustration more than you might think.

Maybe take a couple of weeks out and do something else?

I'm not saying it will be much different when you come back, even if the 'bug of the day' might have changed, but it might help to recharge those batteries and to help retrieve the obvious enthusiasm/passion that has kept you in DCS for all these years.

Hehe that is funny! I was 2.5 years out and made a Pilot license.

I came back and it was worse than before.

Whilst I fully disagree with the tone and personally do respect ED 100%, I think there is a very obvious point from this post that should have been addressed a long time ago and is definitely more relevant now than ever.

Instead of focusing on new eye candy and new modules left, right and center, ED should seriously focus all of it's attention on optimization and Vulcan API implementation. I am utterly shocked that this is not a priority.

It's all fair and square saying there's no competition but that doesn't mean you need to make your community suffer because you know they essentially can't go anywhere else. The new Supercarrier module that I've been waiting an eternity for has really demonstrated how far behind the game engine is relative to the amount of detail it is currently asked to process using a single core.

Can you imagine if DCS was optimized and ran like War Thunder? And the reality is there's guys with PC's that cost a few thousand $ that are struggling to get 30fps on the Supercarrier and other places where polygons are an issue. Running missions also seems to take a massive hit on CPU threads and people need to work around these issues by having a dedicated server run on their PC to utilise another core for a SP mission using MP.

All I'm saying is, I love this sim and will not be going anywhere, but it's pushing me to get the most expensive hardware on the market and even after that I know I'll be in situations where I will tear my hair out and ask why I can't run it with dynamic shadows or using x4 MSAA or whatever... it's definitely frustrating, especially as we know that if ED put all their efforts towards this issue, we could literally double the frame rates for most people like what folk using XPlane saw with Vulcan :(

Nonethless I thank ED for their development of the sim and hope one day my prayers will be answered.

Edited by CommandT

I get 60 fps + on the deck in the F14 on my old PC, all options high or close to it, some fps hogs like SLR and higher MSAA values turned off, which is amazing for the level of detail and calculation running in the background. This is on 2560 X 1440. It's still playable at 4K. But OBVIOUSLY when you try and run the huge, double images of VR it will suffer. ANYTHING that wasn't specifically designed to run like that (ie. lower poly count, lower draw distances etc) would. That's why there's a VR setting in the gfx options, and it turns everything down massively, and still struggles. VR is a new thing, and the performance hit is HUGE. If you're underestimating that, well.....that's like saying 'My PC can't do 8K at 100 fps! Bad devs!' This is silly.

The Stingers flew traps and a mission from DCS SUPERCARRIER today with ten aircrew all in virtual reality and had a blast.

Very sorry to hear some folks aren’t having fun but I would suggest you need to look at your settings, it’s working perfectly for us. We were literally walking around on the LSO platform in VR watching recoveries and talking about what an astounding moment in sims the new boat is.

Hope you guys get squared away soon.

The Stingers flew traps and a mission from DCS SUPERCARRIER today with ten aircrew all in virtual reality and had a blast.

Very sorry to hear some folks aren’t having fun but I would suggest you need to look at your settings, it’s working perfectly for us. We were literally walking around on the LSO platform in VR watching recoveries and talking about what an astounding moment in sims the new boat is.

Hope you guys get squared away soon.

Sorry but i dont believe you, exept you guys are ok with 20fps

I am utterly shocked that this is not a priority.

How the hell do you know that?

-------------------------------

-------------------------------

Belaz_75710_02.jpg

Oh my gawd how slow it is compared to

War Thunder?

976520e0f7861d54e20e14ec6221e2b8.jpg

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I think he thought on Heatblur new sim. But if they make a sim with quality like Tomcat, good luck all with that... There they will be need a 52xNASA rigs to run in 60fps.

I would like they can taste it... later, this 30 fps will be sweet like a chocolate.:smilewink:

Ah HB carrier sim, makes sense, of course! :thumbup: