How to get vC(Calced Mag Var)?

blklobo

I am Mission Designer with Lua Scripting.

I wanna get actual CV deck bearing(magnetic) for CASE III aids message.

but, I cant understand how calculating vC of F-14B RIO TID.

vM is Manual Mag Var Input Value by RIO.

but what is vC?

in NATOPS, vC - vM must not exceed plus minus 2°

but, I did input vM value to CAP refered from Kneeboard MAG VAR.

Tomcat show vC is -18.0 and vM +4.6

between of them is exceed 2°.

my curious, How to get actual vC?

How did it with Programming Code?

Thanks.

VC is the magnetic variation calculated inside INS/AWG-9 - the program takes the magnetic North from the AHRS and the true North from the IMU/INS, compares the two, and the difference is the VC. However, on a carrier deck, the magnetic North reading can be severely affected by different sources of the magnetic field, and hence the difference can get beyond that 2°.

Once airborne, the VC should slowly recover. Or alternatively, to speed up the syncing process, the pilot can press and hold the HDG pushbutton on the compass panel. One thing to remember - the aircraft must be in a straight unaccelerated flight, otherwise the acceleration gate wouldn't let the sync happen.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...
VC is the magnetic variation calculated inside INS/AWG-9 - the program takes the magnetic North from the AHRS and the true North from the IMU/INS, compares the two, and the difference is the VC. However, on a carrier deck, the magnetic North reading can be severely affected by different sources of the magnetic field, and hence the difference can get beyond that 2°.

Once airborne, the VC should slowly recover. Or alternatively, to speed up the syncing process, the pilot can press and hold the HDG pushbutton on the compass panel. One thing to remember - the aircraft must be in a straight unaccelerated flight, otherwise the acceleration gate wouldn't let the sync happen.

hi,allow me to ask some questions.

1.what MAG VAR is tacan fix using?(i can't find answer in natops,vM i guess?)

2.if using vM,Could we have a vM on each TACAN station?(list on KNEEBOARD)

3.looks like tacan Y channel got some problem,don't show range and bearing anymore.

thanks!

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX