Temp fix for "hyperspace" rain at night

Jafergon

I've been having a look at the shaders files and it seems that decreasing the RGB contribution of spotlights at night, reduces the brightness of the rain when exposed to a light source, so it is now possible to play in rainy nights with the supercarrier. In this case I've reduced the brightness to 10% of the current values.

I'm not sure about posting it in a more official way, like in the mods section or in user files, because I'm pretty sure, being a super easy fix, ED will do a proper update of the effect pretty soon. Anyway, here it is, replace your original file in DCSWorld\Bazar\shaders\precipitation and please, please make a backup of the original!

rain.thumb.jpg.a6940023ec395a92d87170c776191b7d.jpg

rain_lighting.rar

rain2.thumb.jpg.ba0ab4580b9fb2c82eb8825c44531261.jpg

Edited by Jafergon

That is a big difference. I have been looking for a way to adjust the brightness of the ball in VR. It is crazy bright for me to the point it is useless until the plane is close in to the ramp. I have adjusted every graphics setting in game and nothing works not even unchecking the bloom feature in the VR options menu.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I've been having a look at the shaders files and it seems that decreasing the RGB contribution of spotlights at night, reduces the brightness of the rain when exposed to a light source, so it is now possible to play in rainy nights with the supercarrier. In this case I've reduced the brightness to 10% of the current values.

I'm not sure about posting it in a more official way, like in the mods section or in user files, because I'm pretty sure, being a super easy fix, ED will do a proper update of the effect pretty soon. Anyway, here it is, replace your original file in DCSWorld\Bazar\shaders\precipitation and please, please make a backup of the original!

does that pass integrity check ?

thanks a lot for your work

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

That is a big difference. I have been looking for a way to adjust the brightness of the ball in VR. It is crazy bright for me to the point it is useless until the plane is close in to the ramp. I have adjusted every graphics setting in game and nothing works not even unchecking the bloom feature in the VR options menu.

Yes, i can´t view the meatball in VR due to the insane brightness. It looks a big blurry green light :(

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.