F-14 AI Wingmen not launching in MP Supercarrier Missions

overalien

I modified one of the Through the Inferno SC MP Missions to include an AI wingman in my flight (just added another unit at skill level excellent). After Cold Start and taxi i get "Rolling" confirmations from my wingman, but the deck crew ignores him as he taxis up to the catapult. He does not get hooked up and does not launch - just stays parked on the deck waiting. I can launch and take off but i have no joy with my wingman. This is 100% reproducible in the same mission. Bug or am i missing something?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi

Please include a track replay so we can take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Please include a track replay so we can take a look

thanks

here it is. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-mD_mvv4O3YEAD6kSa7jLj_xgYlfze1R/view?usp=sharing

1st occurrence - mission time 5:23 aboard supercarrier. i give wingman space to taxi to cat first. he gets stuck and stays stuck

2nd occurrence - mission time ca. 6:03: wingman goes first again. gets stuck, lots of attempts to get him going including comms to ATC, request takeoff, req. launch, abort t/o, req. t/o and so on... all to no avail. Once he moves forward a bit only to get ignored by crew again and remaining stuck. my aircraft is not ignored by the crew at any time.

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Thank you for the track, sadly for me it does not replay correctly, probably due to the heavy use of scripts in the mission.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you for the track, sadly for me it does not replay correctly, probably due to the heavy use of scripts in the mission.

Hi BigNewy, sorry to hear that. I will see whether I can make a track with a more basic mission. Do you believe that the wingman/ground crew behaviour could be linked to the scripting in the mission and not be a bug as such?

EDIT: I have observed in this mission that my wingman will launch sucessfully sometimes, but not every time (it's about a 50/50 split)

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

try this one. server track with only me and wingman. no scripts. cold start with long wait for alignment... sorry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dw1PzMo436HaIp9frQhSmRSpO1_-Ejlo/view?usp=sharing

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

• ED Team

Hi

overalien requested access to track.

mono6020 I did not see anything spawn in the track sorry.

I will try also

thanks

Hi

overalien requested access to track.

mono6020 I did not see anything spawn in the track sorry.

I will try also

thanks

Access granted via google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

i made the track before the last patch and now it doesn't spawn in player and AI wingman :( i'm giving up on this

if you open the trk file in Mission Editor one can clearly see that 2 Hornets are ont the flightdeck (player+AI wingman)

Edited by mono6020

• ED Team

Can anyone confirm, all I see is a ship no aircraft?

and the mission is f-18s

Edited by BIGNEWY

Track playback: two hornets start from cvn-71

Track opened in ME: 1 a/c group + supercarrier

What I find a tad bit weired: the aircraft spawn at different positions when comparing track replay and flying the misson from ME.

Track playback: two hornets start from cvn-71

Track opened in ME: 1 a/c group + supercarrier

What I find a tad bit weired: the aircraft spawn at different positions when comparing track replay and flying the misson from ME.

i guess thats because the track is from multiplayer and playing the track from ME makes it a singleplayer. i found in multplayer they always spawn on different parking spots compared to SP

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone been able to reproduce this? supercarrier, hornet group (#1 client, #2 AI wingman), takeoff from ramp (cold start). running on dedicated server, mission is set to start immediatly and not wait in pause-state for client logon. after cold start, taxi to cat, wingman follows but stops short of the cat and is ignored by deck crew. client takes off, wingman waits at cat and never takes off, blocking the carrier deck making recovery impossible for everybody else. it‘s 100% reproducable for me but bignewy does not think it‘s worth reporting to the team. so please if anyone can reproduce post it here. thx a lot

• 4 weeks later...
I modified one of the Through the Inferno SC MP Missions to include an AI wingman in my flight (just added another unit at skill level excellent). After Cold Start and taxi i get "Rolling" confirmations from my wingman, but the deck crew ignores him as he taxis up to the catapult. He does not get hooked up and does not launch - just stays parked on the deck waiting. I can launch and take off but i have no joy with my wingman. This is 100% reproducible in the same mission. Bug or am i missing something?

does it work for you after the last update?