AI Wingmen Takeoff

Xoho

The AI starts up immediately upon mission start, rather than waiting for the player to begin starting their engine as other modules do on land. Also, once the player begins rolling, the AI will taxi to the catapult (extremely close to the player if you're in their way), and take off without hesitation even if the player is not ready to depart. It does so faster than the player typically can, and then does not follow a standard departure as it attempts to rejoin the player, which can interfere with other aircraft.

If this behavior remains, it would be best if it followed a typical carrier rejoin pattern. Otherwise, it would be best if the AI wingman would wait for the player to take off; or, if it is set to use catapults 3 and 4 while aircraft are entering the landing pattern, to wait for the player to be accepted to a catapult before taxiing.

Supercarrier Wingman AI Takeoff #001.trk

The AI starts up immediately upon mission start, rather than waiting for the player to begin starting their engine as other modules do on land. Also, once the player begins rolling, the AI will taxi to the catapult (extremely close to the player if you're in their way), and take off without hesitation even if the player is not ready to depart. It does so faster than the player typically can, and then does not follow a standard departure as it attempts to rejoin the player, which can interfere with other aircraft.

If this behavior remains, it would be best if it followed a typical carrier rejoin pattern. Otherwise, it would be best if the AI wingman would wait for the player to take off; or, if it is set to use catapults 3 and 4 while aircraft are entering the landing pattern, to wait for the player to be accepted to a catapult before taxiing.

This is not a new thing peculiar to Supercarrier, exactly the same thing happens at airfields, AI aircraft like to get up close and personal when taxying, i have been hit by them more than once, and they will take off without you and then circle the airfield.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

I have exactly the same problem, it’s so bad on deck that I cannot spawn any ai on the carrier with me because they either crash into me or themselves. It doesn’t matter if it’s part of my flight or a separate group. I also can’t choose where I spawn my aircraft on deck to minimise this situation. I always spawn next to cat 1 and AI (whether wingman or individual) crashes into me.

The only way to launch is to start the mission on the catapult.

They also do it on land. I tried to take off from land with my wingman and he crashes into me while taxiing, it’s like he is trying to beat me to the runway to get up first.

Unfortunately it greatly detracts from the usability of the addon. It seems the AI issues we had in the carriers previously but multiplied.

I followed wags tutorial for building a carrier mission to the letter but still with no results.

And yes I know it’s EA but it really is a ground breaking bug and it should be one of the priorities for being fixed. I’ll attach a track if need be

The Cold and Dark mission the No2 just gets in the way. I actually do not see any need for him on that mission, he virtually limits you to the first two cats because as soon as you move he comes out the blocks like he is in a F1 Car and stops you turning left. As soon as he takes off i send him home lol.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly: