How to input different coordinates for each STEP in TGP and TOO mode?

lee1hy

all YouTubers Explain how to input different coordinates using TGP in TOO mode but it doesn't work, and different coordinates are never entered for each STEP in TOO mode. I use the latest open beta. How is it?

How is it possible to input different coordinates using TGP for each JDAM step? And is this a real procedure? It's like a game trick

e0077961_5ec9d896e03c5.png

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

By "All YouTubers," when were the videos posted you are referring to? The process has changed a few times. Most recent was a few months ago.

It's a pretty straight forward process, I will attempt tomorrow to upload a "how to," but my setup isnt quite configured to produce quality content.

That said. The key is to not revist any TOO program that you have set until you undesignate the tpod.

Each TOO will immediately inherit the last target designated, this will update each time you designate. When you designate the final target, click undesignate. Once you undesignate, you can freely click around each station TOO at wil and see the different coords.

Program both station TOOs before stepping. Also, it is important to remember wheb dropping the second JDAM from a station you must click the second TOO station. Otherwise, you will drop both bombs on the same target. Remember you arent programming each JDAM, you are simply proframming the station with two profiles. Its up to you to tell the JDAM which profile to use.

Edited by Pike

Given that Undesignate will return the pod to Snowplow mode, I always try to use procedures that don't require me to do so until everything has been designated, and the only other step is to release the weapons.

For this example procedure, I'm going to assume that the aircraft is loaded with 4 JDAMs on stations 2, 3, 7, and 8.

- Designate TOO1 on Station 8 (we'll call it Target A).

- Step to Station 2 and designate TOO1 (Target B).

- Step to Station 7 and designate TOO1 (Target C).

- Step to Station 3 and designate TOO1 (Target D).

- Undesignate, as stepping back to any other station will overwrite its TOO1 coordinate.

- All stations are ready to release with no further steps.

For this example procedure, I'm going to assume the aircraft is loaded with 4 JDAMs mounted on two BRU-55s on stations 2 and 8:

- Designate TOO1 on Station 8 (Target A).

- Switch Station 8 to TOO2.

- Designate TOO2 on Station 8 (Target B).

- Step to Station 2 and designate TOO1 (Target C).

- Switch Station 2 to TOO2.

- Designate TOO2 on Station 2 (Target D).

- Undesignate, as no further targets need to be designated.

**As a general rule-of-thumb, I always try to release sets of JDAMs in their matched TOO numbers, given that the aircraft will automatically step to the next station after a release. So TOO1 on station 8 and 2 release as a set, and then again for TOO2 (or TOO2 first then TOO1, it doesn't matter). Stepping to a station will always display that station's last selected TOO number.

Once all my weapons are away, I use WPDSG to return the pod to the target area to observe (if required, otherwise I'd just depart, as I'm probably out of ordnance, and it's not like I can fix anything while they're in flight).

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Pushing Undesgnate / NWS will reset the TGP screen. How to keep tracking to target after Undesgnate / NWS ?

Use the HSI.

It will put a ranging circle on the DDI showing the target and in the top corner will tell you bearing and range. It will also put this information on the HUD showing how far you are from In Range and when you can release.

Edited by Pike