x52 Pro Slider Axis to VR Zoom/VR Spyglass

Nalfeyn

Hey folks,

Is there a possibilties to set the Slider Axis of the X52 Pro as a "push and hold down" button somehow?

What I want to archive:

For example: 0-33% - no command

33-66% - VR Zoom

66-100% - VR Spyglass

At the moment I'm using the Logitech Software to press certain keys on the keyboard at the right value. "33-66% - press rctl + pad (+), which I set up for VR Zoom.

Only problem here is: When I go into the VR Zoom I cant use for example my tdc controls to move the cursor on the radar while in VR Zoom. I guess this is caused by the hold down VR Zoom control.

Is there a way in the DCS controls, like to modificate something in the files, to set the axis like 33-66% into a single control button or something?

I hope you can understand me. Cheers.

The issue is that you are using keyboard shortcut with modifier. Right control in this case. So long as you're zooming the game see right control held down and so you can't use your TDC, can't use flap, speed brake, plenty of thing I guess. That is why using keyboard shortcut is bad, even more with modifier.

I advise you use Vjoy + Joystick Gremlin. It will let you remap your axis range to virtual joystick button.

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/overview/

The issue is that you are using keyboard shortcut with modifier. Right control in this case. So long as you're zooming the game see right control held down and so you can't use your TDC, can't use flap, speed brake, plenty of thing I guess. That is why using keyboard shortcut is bad, even more with modifier.

I advise you use Vjoy + Joystick Gremlin. It will let you remap your axis range to virtual joystick button.

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/overview/

That sounds interesting! Will definitely try this out immediatly!

I'll be right back.

So ... can I then get rid of the Logitech Softzware? Or do I still need to load a profile there and have vJoy + Gremlin open?

Edited by Nalfeyn

That sounds interesting! Will definitely try this out immediatly!

I'll be right back.

So ... can I then get rid of the Logitech Softzware? Or do I still need to load a profile there and have vJoy + Gremlin open?

I'm not sure how the X52 work without any profile loaded, or with the default profile. To get "rid" of it, you would need every button of the X52 to send.. Simple button. This way you could use those button in Gremlin to configure plenty of thing. Same for all the axes.

My Dad does that with his X56 and I helped one of his firend to do that with the X52pro profiler. On X52pro we have a weird issue.. We can get all button to send DX button, included the 3 positions of the mode selector, but only if the joy.cpl windows is open, otherwise the mode selector won't send DX button.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weird.

Edited by Ant0ine

Okay. I tried remapping some keys and it worked great. - besides ... the throttle of my x52 pro isnt "recognized" anymore.

No lights working and in the windows control panel no throttle input.

EDIT: No controller Input in windows control panel.

In Joystick Gremlin all input is recognized - anyways ... no working lights on the throttle.

Edited by Nalfeyn

Alright. Looks like the vJoy driver is kind of "overwriting" the logitech one - I uninstalled vJoy and throttle is working fine.

IIRC I had to reinstall the Logitech driver after I installed the Vjoy driver. Indeed, some weird stuff..

Heya. I got it to work now. Its definitley better than before but took me some time.

Only thing thats sad is, that I cant use the mouse joystick on my x52 Pro anymore.

I managed to set up the left, right mouse buttons and the mouswheel in the gremlin software, though it seems that the mousewheel speed of the gremlin software is too fast, cause if I want to scroll through my F/A 18 channels, it skips one (1-3-5-7).

Heya. I got it to work now. Its definitley better than before but took me some time.

Only thing thats sad is, that I cant use the mouse joystick on my x52 Pro anymore.

I managed to set up the left, right mouse buttons and the mouswheel in the gremlin software, though it seems that the mousewheel speed of the gremlin software is too fast, cause if I want to scroll through my F/A 18 channels, it skips one (1-3-5-7).

You can, and I think you should, use the Logitech profiler and Joystick Gremlin together.

You should still be able to use the mouse nipple, about the scroll wheel speed I do not know where you can change the setting.

If you can't via the Logitech software, then you could use the Logitech software to remap the mousewheel to some keyboard command such as numpa 1 nad 7 for exemple.. then in Gremlin in the Keyboard category you remap numpad 1 and 7 to Vjoy button or axis increment/decrement thanks to a macro or.. You have the choice, it depend how to the command work in DCS.

How do I use them together?

It seems, with vJoy and Gremlin I cant load any profile in the logitech software.

The Input of the HOTAS arend even recognized.

If the output are simply DX button then it should be recognised in Gremlin in the X52 category, but if you remapped something to a keyboard shortcut then you'll have to add that shortcut in the keyboard category of Gremlin then configure it.

This works perfectly fine with me without vjoy or gremlin.

Simply assign keyboard stroke to the VR Zoom and VR Spyglass in game. Keystroke that's not assigned to anything. Not even in combination with Ctrl. Alt or Shift. Then in Logitech, I assign the two to the slider using bands.

This works perfectly fine with me without vjoy or gremlin.

Simply assign keyboard stroke to the VR Zoom and VR Spyglass in game. Keystroke that's not assigned to anything. Not even in combination with Ctrl. Alt or Shift. Then in Logitech, I assign the two to the slider using bands.

That's interesting. Maybe I will check this out again.

Maybe I couldnt use anything while in VR Zoom because I used a modifier for the keystroke. May this be the Problem?

I got the Mousepad on the x52 pro to work again, by just uninstalling the logitech Driver and install it again.

I'd like to use only the logitech one, because I feel like having multiple Drivers and programs might cause some Problems in the future.

Besides that, it's just a pain in the arse to have so many programs open for just playing DCS.

There is "oculus tray tool, oculus Software, voice attack/vaicom pro and the logitech/or vjoy gremlin stuff for just playing the game.

It is Kind of annoying though necessary.

Maybe I couldnt use anything while in VR Zoom because I used a modifier for the keystroke. May this be the Problem?

I got the Mousepad on the x52 pro to work again, by just uninstalling the logitech Driver and install it again.

I'd like to use only the logitech one, because I feel like having multiple Drivers and programs might cause some Problems in the future.

Besides that, it's just a pain in the arse to have so many programs open for just playing DCS.

There is "oculus tray tool, oculus Software, voice attack/vaicom pro and the logitech/or vjoy gremlin stuff for just playing the game.

Yes that is the first thing I tried to explain.

For exemple the TDC doesn't work anymore because default mapping is m ; ; ; : ; ! (for me on azerty. But the game see Right control held down and so doesn't trigger the TDC.

A good modifier shouldn't be seen by the game, it should only be seen by the programming software and should change the output of button entirely instead of adding a modifier to it.

Having the X52 pinky mapped to a modifier key as L_Shift which you would combine with the trigger mapped to space for exemple is bad.

Having the pinky mapped to the shift function of the Logitech profiler is better, because without pinky you could have the trigger send space, and with the pinky something else. The issue with that profiler is that it only allow us to remap to keyboard shortcut and combinaison. And so we are really limited, forced to use combinaison, and so we end up being in trouble as you are.

Joystick Gremlin would solve that by allowing you to remap your physical button to virtual joystick(s) button(s). You would never again use key shortcut combinaison or DX button combinaison. Instead you would use the mode and/or condition feature of Joystick Gremlin. Which is the equivalent (in better) of Logitech/Saitek Mode and Pinky feature.

That is another reason I would recommend Vjoy+Joystick Gremlin. This is the most All In One solution for joystick I know. And if you install HID Guardian you can also hide your physical device just like Target or CH control manager does. It isn't needed for DCS but it certainly will for other game.

Just in game, assign a keystroke. Have it held down and make sure everything functions. If not, try different key. When it works, then assign it to slider in Logitech. Problem with this tho is you may have to have separate key for different plane. Or find a common key that's not being used.

I have it assigned to N and D for SU-25T for example. But those key might be in use in other planes.