[REPORTED]Landing communications problem

Mav3rick

On a server, a call the carrier for an approach in daytime and good weather conditions, the marshall instruct me to do a CASE I recovery but instead I have the CASE II/III communications in my comms menu and then the pilot start to start his CASE III readback.

Did someone experienced the same thing?

Instagram : @dcs_pics

Specs and modules :

Config :

GTX 1050TI

16GB RAM

RYZEN 7 1700X

HOTAS Saitek X52 PRO

Homemade TrackIR

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modules and mods :

Mirage 2000C - F/A-18C Hornet - DCS Supercarrier - A4 Skyhawk - PC21 - Alphajet

Yes, The Flying Kiwis have had a couple of big player number sessions with this happening. Our missions are pushing 25+ people and a large number of those players are in FA18's or F14's off the Super Carrier. I can test the mission hosted by and with myself and it all works as advertised, as soon as 'the gang' joins this happens. You can still get down ok and even still fly it as a Case 1 with a ball call at the end but its not right and is a lot of extra work that is somewhat immersion and concentration breaking. When the comms do work however it is really cool!

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

do you have the fog enabled ? even light one ?

nope very clear weather, clouds above 10 000ft , daytime but still CASE II/III comms ...

The mission on this server starts very early in the morning when its dark so I asume that the SC think it is still the night when we operate the carrier at daytime ...

Instagram : @dcs_pics

Specs and modules :

Config :

GTX 1050TI

16GB RAM

RYZEN 7 1700X

HOTAS Saitek X52 PRO

Homemade TrackIR

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modules and mods :

Mirage 2000C - F/A-18C Hornet - DCS Supercarrier - A4 Skyhawk - PC21 - Alphajet

I had the same problem, weather was nice, but the fog was activated even if you didnt see it because of light settings. Check at the bottom of the weather tab.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

No fog on our mission but yes it did start just before sunrise, like 5 mins before lol!

I would have expected it to be a bit more dynamic than that, a lot of our missions (prolly most...) start either at dawn or in a time frame that will make it dark by the time we RTB. If it is the case that it is locked to whatever the start time for the comms that's not very good...

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

• ED Team

please attach a short track replay showing this happen.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In multiplayer and clear weather, the boat responds with telling you to expect CAT I and call "see you at 10", but the communications menu only contains options for CAT II/III.

Playing the exact same mission in single player, everything works and the "see you at 10" message is available to transmit to the boat after calling inbound.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having this problem as well. I think our group has found out the issue.

Apparently if you start the mission with marginal CASE II/III time (even a dawn take off with the sun out sets it off), it stays on CASE II/III for the remainder of the mission, even in clear sunny weather, as the mission progresses.

I have the impression this is caused, wenn mission starts at night, and later on, at day, the comms are messed up.

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

I have the impression this is caused, wenn mission starts at night, and later on, at day, the comms are messed up.

Hi

We have seen this since Supercariier EA Launch, in our 62ndFF Server missions, One in particular is a Persian Gulf MP Mission: Operation Snow Fox (Much Kudos to Surrexen for a great mission.) We adjusted the time to start at sunrise and it's still quite dark.

Inbound calls get a case three response and a Case 2 /3 Menu.

About 6:30am it's full daylight with a mild dust haze. Inbound calls get a CASE 1 approach response, but still have CASE 2 / 3 menu system. If you do the CASE 1 approach, ball call and landing, you get no LSO score. Recorded Reason: No proper communication.

Hopefully this will be addressed soon, it seems like an easy one to have it switch if Sun is up and weather minimums are good.

I tried to reproduce that and found out that when the mission is started when Case II / II conditions are met (twilight before sunrise) and the mission continues to daylight hours the carrier does not switch from Case II / III to case I correctly.

When the mission is started in daylight hours everything works fine for me (besides the flight number mixups described in this forum too)

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

ATC doesn't transition CASE types

Hi All,

I did a bit of searching and didn't see this reported somehow.

With MP missions if the mission starts in CASE III conditions (early AM), and the squadrons return in CASE I conditions, marshal directs CASE III.

Has anyone else had this problem? I looked for a known issues list but didn't see one.

• 3 weeks later...