Review of Mig-19 by long time Mig-21 player

wizav

I've bought the Mig-19 few days ago from steam.

I must say it's very great, fps friendly, average but good enough texture quality. I don't know

how realistic flight model is.. but it feels unique and that's very important for me (simmer).

It is much easier to master than Mig-21 or F-18 especially for the reason it's easier to fly. The

only obstacle that needs to be mastered in regard to flight is speed management due to fast

acceleration.

It's really unfortunate that Mig-19 doesn't have RWR or Flares but that's how it is, the only

downside is that it doesn't have a proper enemy counterpart to combat with due to lack of early

cold war jets (AI) -> Someone needs to make Super Sabre F-100 so we can have more reasonable

opponent in Missions.

Mig 19 missiles being in it's earliest form of sidewinder clone are really bad.. they miss like 50% of time, Guns are awesome but hard to master in this very fast jet.

I rate the product 8/10 I don't regret my purchase, I think it's a better buy than F-5

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice review!

It does(or can) have a RWR (I believe the mission creator can choose to add it or not, it is in the campaign missions). It is on the left (looks like a bolted on box with a switch and two lights). It is rear aspect only and just lets you know if someone is locking on.

Success with the missiles seems to be quite dependent on being at the right range as well as making sure your plane and the target are not maneuvering hard. The missiles seem reliable in a steady 1.5 to 2G turns with a target about a kilometre to a kilometre and half out.