[FIXED] AJS37 CTD

Toxic

Hi,

On the 104th MP server I was doing a lot of things with the Viggen. After about the 4th sortie I landed and turned the Master mode selector from NAV back to BER and I got a crash to desktop. Retried it and was able to reproduce.

Unfortunately I was unable to upload the logs via the forum due to the Viggens large log file size so I uploaded it to google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rq6j7J-1f3308wmQtUGqaYdZzOn97Hmt/view?usp=sharing

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've also experienced CTDs when setting it to BER, but it also happens when I close the HP fuel valve.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

AJS37 CTD

I have replicated the issue. If you wait long enough the computer will get responsive again (for me it was 5 minutes for a 20 minutes mission, and I wasn’t even kicked off the server I was playing on). I am currently considering the alternatives for solving this issue.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I have replicated the issue. If you wait long enough the computer will get responsive again (for me it was 5 minutes for a 20 minutes mission, and I wasn’t even kicked off the server I was playing on). I am currently considering the alternatives for solving this issue.

Also the same thing happens when you turn off the batteries.

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm DCS "comes back" after some time, but then my Hotas is not working any longer. Only the rudder pedals can be used to control the aircraft.

@Toxic

I only had the issue with switching to BER. Turning off the battery didn't crash DCS so far.

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

Mine never returns (tested in Red Flag campaing mission #2). I had to reset my computer.

Same here, I've waited and waited... until I have to reset my computer.

It's a bit disheartening spending an hour flying a mission, executing a perfect night landing - just to end up in a CTD when shutting the plane down. :mad:

I am sorry about this. Currently trying to fix this. Meanwhile I suggest don’t switch to BER after landing. The reason IRL you do it is to extend the life of the HUD-light IIRC but I’ve talked to the crew chief and he won’t be mad if you ignore this at this time.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Probable bug found! I had at one point somehow messed up a loop that would run over already analyzed and matched signals in a exponentianl fashion. Another bug was found earlier that would put the area estimation off. I'll have to test some more and upload to ED if it looks OK and we'll likely see the fix in next patch. Thanks for your patience guys!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

I am sorry about this. Currently trying to fix this. Meanwhile I suggest don’t switch to BER after landing. The reason IRL you do it is to extend the life of the HUD-light IIRC but I’ve talked to the crew chief and he won’t be mad if you ignore this at this time.

After a landing you need to switch BER, select LS as waypoint and back to NAV to setup the plane for take-off again. So that trick is a no-go.

After a landing you need to switch BER, select LS as waypoint and back to NAV to setup the plane for take-off again. So that trick is a no-go.
Yep. We need this fix tomorrow.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

There's is no need to do that, it works fine anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's is no need to do that, it works fine anyway.
If you didn't messed up the nav system. If you performed evasive maneuvers...

Well you can perform a radar fix, yes. but I am think that it is better to reset the nav system.

Edited by Sajarov

Probable bug found! I had at one point somehow messed up a loop that would run over already analyzed and matched signals in a exponentianl fashion. Another bug was found earlier that would put the area estimation off. I'll have to test some more and upload to ED if it looks OK and we'll likely see the fix in next patch. Thanks for your patience guys!

This is why I like HB so much.

It's the people, and especially RagnarDa in regards to the Viggen, who communicate in a way everyone flying their wonderful modules can understand what is going on and why things work (or not).

Giving up little "secrets" sometimes (about the code and programming strategies e.g.) is nothing bad, it somehow creates an "understandable and humble link" between me as a customer and HB as the creator.

Sounds strange, but can't find other/better words.

3 THUMBS UP for you, RagnarDa! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

btw:

If you didn't messed up the nav system. If you performed so evasive maneuvers...

Well you can perform a radar fix, yes. but I am think that it is better to reset the nav system. Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

What If I use ILS for landing, ... the NAV system should use this information for adjustments if there was a messup ... does it?

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Well you can perform a radar fix, yes. but I am think that it is better to reset the nav system.

The TILS-fix when landing combined with TERNAV should take care off any drift in the system. I've never had any problem not switching over to BER. I usualy do though, unless like now, it's forced upon us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No it doesn't. We're not talking of the same thing.

The system is built as I explained it. If you want to get the "take off mode" on the HUD you need to to the BER-LS-NAV thing. There's no way around that.

This is also the only way you can really setup the NAV system to accept a different airport/runway heading if you relocate.

Now, it's not game breaking. You can take off without the HUD setup to display the rotation speed and the correct climb out angles. However, to use the plane properly you can't land and take off without BER.

Yep, I forgot about TILS correction.

The system is built as I explained it. If you want to get the "take off mode" on the HUD you need to to the BER-LS-NAV thing. There's no way around that.

This is also the only way you can really setup the NAV system to accept a different airport/runway heading if you relocate.

Now, it's not game breaking. You can take off without the HUD setup to display the rotation speed and the correct climb out angles. However, to use the plane properly you can't land and take off without BER.

Thanks for the info.

This is also the only way you can really setup the NAV system to accept a different airport/runway heading if you relocate. Now, it's not game breaking. You can take off without the HUD setup to display the rotation speed and the correct climb out angles. However, to use the plane properly you can't land and take off without BER.

Got you Quip, thanks for clearing this up into two different things!

Just a question regarding the take-off thing: what would happen if I manually enter a take-off heading for a starting base by using the (I think) BANA-GRÄNS. I am not at my sim computer, but I think then (at least) the HUD should show a (more or less) correct indication!?? Does it? :unsure:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

If you are in NAV, CK37 will calculate your position so that it knows where you are, even if you land. You can also change waypoins in NAV no problem, you can even load new cartridges while in NAV (flying). Not sure if that's possible or advisable in the real aircraft, but it's very possible in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]