New Realistic ATC Extension - feedback

GTFreeFlyer

Just got the new license for the Supercarrier. Case 1 worked well, except after landing ground crew would not reset with a "request launch" or "launch" voice command. VoiceAttack log shows "Unrecognized: 'request launch'", so I know it can hear me. I tried the voice command on the intercom and also on the Tower frequency. No joy. Selecting "Request Launch" from the F10 menu instantly put the crew into action.

Also "Salut" doesn't appear to work, but not too big a deal since I use the keybind to my joystick.

I also tried Case III. Really great! It was so nice to call inbound, established, commencing, platform, ball, etc and have everything work!

No need for the keyboard anymore... well, except to request launch.

Thanks!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I have similar issues on this module, seems only about 50% of what I say gets responded to? Could not a response from ground crew to remove chicks on cold start mission ( worked fine using the menu) and also request taxi.

When airborne, calling inbound does not seem to get picked up by the boat, saw a message in the debug saying identified unit was Arleigh Burke, and get told go to alternate.....again, menu works fine.

Is this user error do you think? Using easy comms, and have tried using various TX buttons...

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

"Chief, remove the wheelchocks" works for me, but you need a PTT (INT/AUX) that works with the radios off, unless you wait until they are on.

If you are calling inbound, make sure your radio is tuned to the correct ship, via either "Roosevelt, Select"/"carrier, select", if you have select tunes radio, or just tune it manually.

Edited by Greyman

In my case, VA is recognizing salute as select.

I went in and trained both several times, but still same happens. I assigned salute to a button on my throttle.

Inbound seems to be working ok for me, flying the Hornet from the Roosevelt.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have similar issues on this module, seems only about 50% of what I say gets responded to? Could not a response from ground crew to remove chicks on cold start mission ( worked fine using the menu) and also request taxi.

When airborne, calling inbound does not seem to get picked up by the boat, saw a message in the debug saying identified unit was Arleigh Burke, and get told go to alternate.....again, menu works fine.

Is this user error do you think? Using easy comms, and have tried using various TX buttons...

I think Easy Comms picks up the nearest unit

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

For me salute is not working...it says unrecognized

I tried also to say chief salute and crew salute...but nothing changes...

also with morking moms it says unrecognized

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

For salute, i just added "salute" to the speech recognition dictionary and it appears to work fine now

Thanks for that. I did that and at desktop VA appears to be recognizing ok now, will test out in the sim later on today.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

"Salute" was a new command that had to be added using the "finish" process. For me, it works perfectly for the F/A-18C.

But for me, it doesn't work with the F-14. The deck crew moves correctly, but the F-14 pilot never salutes and the aircraft never launches.

So, I made my own solution: I added a new command "Tomcat Salute" that provides the <SHIFT><U> key command that is native to the F-14 module, which works perfectly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Salute" was a new command that had to be added using the "finish" process. For me, it works perfectly for the F/A-18C.

But for me, it doesn't work with the F-14. The deck crew moves correctly, but the F-14 pilot never salutes and the aircraft never launches.

So, I made my own solution: I added a new command "Tomcat Salute" that provides the <SHIFT><U> key command that is native to the F-14 module, which works perfectly.

Yes I used the finish steps process, but still VA was seeing salute as select every time.

Hopefully I have fixed it now by adding it in to the Windows Speech dictionary but won't have a chance to test it till later this afternoon.

Don B

just saying "salute" works for me, though there is no "acknowledgement" sound

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Well even though VA is recognizing salute properly now, it still is not working for me in the game.

I will just keep using the button I have assigned I guess.

Don B

Are you flying the F-18 or F-14? If the latter then you still need a different command to do SHIFT+U - different ways to do this

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Same here I can't get Salute and See you at 10 to work at all. I have used the Editor and completed training for them, they are recongized in the Editor around 85% to 90% but they are not recongized in the game at all. I've also added them to Window Speech Library, I'm also use the VSPX Mode.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Are you flying the F-18 or F-14? If the latter then you still need a different command to do SHIFT+U - different ways to do this

F-18.

Don B

Same here I can't get Salute and See you at 10 to work at all. I have used the Editor and completed training for them, they are recongized in the Editor around 85% to 90% but they are not recongized in the game at all. I've also added them to Window Speech Library, I'm also use the VSPX Mode.
i have both working fine also with VSPX mode, I am using RTX Microphone to cancel noise along with the Reverb headset microphone for reference.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I had to slow down my speaking to get See you at 10 recognised (including having to emphasise the t of at). I am not quite sure that Microsoft has mastered a British English accent from the south coast :lol:

I had to slow down my speaking to get See you at 10 recognised (including having to emphasise the t of at). I am not quite sure that Microsoft has mastered a British English accent from the south coast :lol:
I did until I switched to VSPX. My problem word is ball, it always gets interpreted as boar. I have tried adding it and telling Windows speech to ignore boar to no avail. Fortunately call ball and hornet ball both seem to work most of the time.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

You need to not drink so much shandy :)

Maybe try adding the whole phrase "see you at 10" to the dictionary, along with your pronunciation and that should make it a cert for recognition.

I'm from up north by the way, just south of "the wall", near Robin Hood's tree. :)

It is Hampshire accents it cannot manage :-), and I wish I had been on the bitter but not unfortunately. You are in a lovely part of the country and I am in a village in the South Downs National Park so we are both good

I am not having a problem with "see you at 10".

However salute is not being recognized in the game for me for some reason.

VA recognizes it fine now.

Don B

New Realistic ATC Extension - feedback

Maybe go through all of the SC commands and add them to your speech recognition dictionary, along with your pronunciation. It takes about 20minutes, but is well worth the time

Sorry maybe I explained myself badly...

Voice attack understand my commands...

Just it act as the command was not in the vaicomm profile (but it is i checked). I have the same issue also with some airio commands (radio tune ....).

When i do the training commands are recognized.

But when i use it outside of training mode, some commands are recognized as speech, but voice attack labels it yellow and it is written unrecognized command...

Tomorrow i will post a screenshots and the list of the things that don’t work.

Also i noticed that AIRIO is not able to see the supercarrier...infact if i say “link set host” in a SC mission, i will have an empty menu

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Sorry what is the finish process?