hard disk loadings during flight

hello guys i am from greece i like very much lockon i have no problem with fps but during the flight i have a few hard disk loadings whens i make hard turns and sometimes in a simple straight flight and tha is not comfortable when i play dogfight because of the results of the hard disk loadings which are the stutters .do i have only me this problem ? could this be fixed in 1.1 patch of flaming cliffs . my system is amd64 3500+ 939socket, x800pro ati 256mb,1gbram.motherboard a8v deluxe and two hdds 36.7gb 10.000 rpm with raid 0 . could someone explain what happened , in other simulators i dont have this problem thank you :?: :) sorry about my english

Re: hard disk loadings during flight

hello guys i am from greece i like very much lockon i have no problem with fps but during the flight i have a few hard disk loadings whens i make hard turns and sometimes in a simple straight flight and tha is not comfortable when i play dogfight because of the results of the hard disk loadings which are the stutters .do i have only me this problem ? could this be fixed in 1.1 patch of flaming cliffs . my system is amd64 3500+ 939socket, x800pro ati 256mb,1gbram.motherboard a8v deluxe and two hdds 36.7gb 10.000 rpm with raid 0 . could someone explain what happened , in other simulators i dont have this problem thank you :?: :) sorry about my english

your rig is pretty good and you have 1 gig of ram so i dont understand why you have this problem, myself i have never have nor heard about this problem.

In Lock on option you should set the "terrain preload" option at the max (100km) maybe it could solve your problem, other than that, sorry, i dont know :?

Get hold of a program called LOMAN, you can adjust the terrain preload and object preload far in advance of what the config menu allows, and trust me you have more than enough RAM to do it, I had that problem until I got hold of LOMAN and did this. Give it a try.

You can find this program at http://www.biohazcentral.com

Good luck :wink:

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

i have loman also but nothing ,can you give me an example about how much i have to set the terain , and objects preload in loman . when i play i don't have any programs to run . i have tried everything that i could think , the only think that is very old on my system is my sound card its a sound blaster live could this be a problem?

This is the section from my config.cfg (which is the file LOMAN edits), and I get reasonable (@20FPS over land) performance and good detail on my NidV 4200 64Mb :

jcHigh

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 4.;

far_clip = 60000;

structures = {200, 10000};

trees = {50000, 6000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {5000, 60000};

mirage = {5000, 16000};

surface = {20000, 60000};

lights = {200, 60000};

lod = 1.4;

}

James

Soundcard isn't an issue for me ... I've got a laptop with on board sounds - sound is ok, but I know some people have seen FPS increases by turning hardware acceleration down in the DXDiag app - I think for people with soundblaster cards, probably generate a lot of interrupts. and hence impact CPU performance - that is just a guess :)

James

If none of that works for you, take a look at your RAM it may be bad and have it tested. Another thing to look at is your virtal memory setting. Set min and max to 1024 or just let windows run it. You got a great rig you should be flying about 30 to40 fps easy with everthing on high.

XP Home Edition SP2

AMD 64 3400+ Skt 754

Asus K8V SE Deluxe (800 FSB)

Corsair 1.5 Gig PC3200

Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS

PNY GF 6800GT 256MB (67.02 FW)

Res (1280x1024 32Bit) (120 Hertz)

Mitsubishi 930SB 19" CTR

Saitek X36

Trackir 2