Player Flight Parking Spot

High_Flyer

I'm currently trying to create an Alpha Strike mission comprising of the following flights: Fighter Sweep, SEAD, and two Strike Packages. I want to make it so that the player is in charge of a strike package flight.

However, I have found that player aircraft always spawns at the parking location directly behind Catapult 2. This is an issue as I want the Fighter Sweep and SEAD aircraft to take off first, but the player aircraft is blocking the way, preventing the last fighter sweep aircraft from taking off and causing none of the remaining AI aircraft to taxi and launch.

I have discovered that aircraft spawn at the aft on work their way up to the bow of the carrier in the order of which they were placed on the deck. I tried to place the player flight first, then the other strike, followed by the sead, and finally by the fighter sweep. This managed to place the 3 remaining AI aircraft of the player flight on the aft most parking positions, but the player aircraft itself remains behind Catapult 2.

Is there anyway to assign the player aircraft a different parking position?

Currently the only way to achieve starting somewhere else, is to block the default starting slot

Hopefully this gets changed somewhere soon. Plenty of requests have already been made to be able to select parking slots.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yes, you can delay your player aircraft spawn at least 1 second after the mission start time. When you do that, your player aircraft and flight will spawn in spots 5 - 16, depending on the order you spawn all the aircraft in.

If you want to use the Six Pack (spots 1 - 4) for AI aircraft, spawn them at mission start.

There are probably other ways to make it work, but I've found that if you spawn by section (two aircraft), the spawn order is as follows:

Spots 5 & 6 (lead in 5)

Spots 7 & 8 (lead in 7)

Spots 9 & 10 (lead in 9)

Spots 11 & 12 (lead in 11)

Spots 13 & 14 (lead in 13)

Spots 15 & 16 (lead in 15)

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann