Redkite : Supercarrier Templates pack.

RedKite

Over the last few days I've been creating a means to save, load and dynamically change the deck of your supercarrier! I've created a handful of templates for 4, 8 and 16 spawns along with some extras for mass recovery parked on the catapults, and blocked angled deck for large launches on any map.

Using triggers you can spawn or delete these templates at will during the mission.

You can find it here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309905/

I encourage you to watch my video for a guide on how to use lua templates and how to create your own!

I'l probably be adding a few new templates when i get the time. If anyone produces their own templates be sure to share them on this thread!

Please be aware, currently in DCS open beta 2.5.6.49314 The objects will spawn sunk into the deck in multiplayer. I'm looking to collect some tracks / details to report onto ED thanks!

Enjoy! :pilotfly:

Screen_200525_193858.thumb.png.c32016a63648ff2ebb946a4e8cb57d94.png

Screen_200525_193916.thumb.png.2e6f073b4826cb518d963bcc942d8442.png

Screen_200525_193933.thumb.png.b88aba4f5c14e0486d7d47d496f48e7c.png

Screen_200525_193949.thumb.png.f9c32ca95d2086df2359025e314012dd.png

Screen_200525_194019.thumb.png.4858273bf9b97e08d30f08c8702da1e7.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Creator of DCS Tutorials and Flightsim content

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedKiteRender

I thought ED as maker of module would have made the template for saturate supercarrier deck as locking living entity....

Thank you RedKite to make these.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Thank you RedKite.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Hey Redkite, myself and my community love your videos and all of the content you provide!

That being said, with your permission I have added your Super Carrier Deck Layouts to my very popular Dynamic Sandbox PvE Mission - Through The Inferno.

You can find my TTI SP Missions here:

http://www.throughtheinferno.com/single-player-missions

Here's a quick example of how I turned your Super Carrier layouts into an easy-to-install F10 Menu for other missions:

tti-supercarrier-deck-menu-demo.gif

If you want to add Redkite's Super Carrier Deck Layouts as a menu shown above you can download this LUA file here:

http://www.throughtheinferno.com/wp-content/files/SuperCarrier%20Redkite%20Static%20Spawns%20F10%20Menu.lua

1) Find your Super Carrier Unit's UNIT ID via the (?) button next to the group name when you have the Super Carrier selected in the Mission Editor

2) Add a DO SCRIPT trigger on Mission Start > No Condition, BEFORE you loud the Super Carrier Deck Menu Lua File

3) Add a DO SCRIPT FILE and load the provided lua file for the Super Carrier Deck Menu

Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

You guys are sorcerers! :sorcerer:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I thought ED as maker of module would have made the template for saturate supercarrier deck as locking living entity....

Thank you RedKite to make these.

It's obviously EA...

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

It's obviously EA...
There is an ED produced template already if you scroll down the F-18 missions to supplement these awesome looking ones from Redkite

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hey Redkite, myself and my community love your videos and all of the content you provide!

That being said, with your permission I have added your Super Carrier Deck Layouts to my very popular Dynamic Sandbox PvE Mission - Through The Inferno.

Here's a quick example of how I turned your Super Carrier layouts into an easy-to-install F10 Menu for other missions:

If you want to add Redkite's Super Carrier Deck Layouts as a menu shown above you can download this LUA file here:

http://www.throughtheinferno.com/wp-content/files/SuperCarrier%20Redkite%20Static%20Spawns%20F10%20Menu.lua

1) Find your Super Carrier Unit's UNIT ID via the (?) button next to the group name when you have the Super Carrier selected in the Mission Editor

2) Add a DO SCRIPT trigger on Mission Start > No Condition, BEFORE you loud the Super Carrier Deck Menu Lua File

3) Add a DO SCRIPT FILE and load the provided lua file for the Super Carrier Deck Menu

Enjoy!

Thank you very much both of you for creating this.

I did not tried yet or set it up but i will follow instructions as soon is possible :)

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Thank Redkite. A lot of excellent work and the lesson in creating our own templates is most apprecited.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Amazing works, thanks a lot for sharing these Missions, and to Redkite for his Lua Templates.

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

shipID problem

Hi Redkite

I am having trouble getting the templates to work. I have watched your video many times trying to spot my error (which is most often the case) but so far no luck. I type in shipID = 4 and add the templates as per your video but nothing happens.

I have uploaded the mission for your inspection.

Another question I have is can one use two supper carriers and load templates on both? (assuming the shipID works)

Thank you for you work (and your patience)

Super Carrier test_3.miz

Hi Redkite

I am having trouble getting the templates to work. I have watched your video many times trying to spot my error (which is most often the case) but so far no luck. I type in shipID = 4 and add the templates as per your video but nothing happens.

I have uploaded the mission for your inspection.

Another question I have is can one use two supper carriers and load templates on both? (assuming the shipID works)

Thank you for you work (and your patience)

AP, you need to set flag 404 to your ship id. So do a trigger for that, then do "Time More 3" or so for the spawn trigger so it executes after the 404 flag is set. See this line in the lua's?

["linkUnit"] = trigger.misc.getUserFlag('404'), -- This flag MUST contain the unit ID of the ship you wish to spawn on

wrl11

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to implement it all. Not to familiar with flags. I'm not sure how to set flag 404 to my ship ID. Is 404 a random number or is it something that is tied to ID ing a unit? Anyway thanks again I will try you suggestions as best I can. I will re post my next attempt hopefully you might see it and critique it.

Is flag 404 the only flag you can use to ID you ship? If I put in 2 super carriers for example, is there another flag to use for the ship ID of the second carrier? If I, for example, use flag 404 and the value is the ID of the first carrier say 4 (the unit ID) and the second unit is say ID of 57, would I use 404 and a value of 57? I did try that and it switched the template to the other carrier so it would seem that either you cant do two Super Carriers or there must be another flag to use for the second carrier?

For a second supercarrier, they way this lua is done you would change the flag in the lua. Do a replace in notepad++ to replace 404 with another flag. Then set that one to the new ship id like you did before. So you will have to have 2 separate sets of luas for each sc.