Redkite : Supercarrier Templates pack.

RedKite

Just tried this and wow, very cool!

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Outstanding job very helpful!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

These are great Redkite, thanks

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

84 more templates - thanks!

RedKite, thanks for this forum post and your YouTube video. It made a lot of sense and I have been able to apply those techniques as well as extend their functionality somewhat, using variables in each of the Lua files to apply custom liveries.

I applied the mass launch & recovery templates in the package, but after checking them out I decided to see if I could add some more atmosphere. I therefore divided the carrier deck into 9 different areas for static sets, and designed various templates for each area that are compatible with the others, regardless of aircraft type. There are plenty of complementary objects included as well - this requires the US Navy equipment and military aircraft mods, obviously in addition to the Community A-4E mod.

What you see below are a total of 44 statics in some chronological pics from a training mission I've created, which includes Hawks, Skyhawks, Tomcats, and Hornets (static or active) in a variety of USN/USMC training liveries:

Training-01.png Training-02.png Training-03.png Training-04.png Training-05.png Training-06.png Training-07.png Training-08.png Training-09.png Training-11.png

I'm seeing very little impact on frame rates at mission start, or whenever the static templates are switched. However, while the Skyhawk will "take off from runway" on the Supercarrier just fine, any other kind of start results in no cat hookup (not complaining - just an observation).

As an example, here's the Lua at the top of the Cat2 file, showing the livery variables and the A-4 at the bow:

[font=Consolas]-- Set livery variables here
StaticLivery1 = "trainer usn vt-7 eagles"-- A / VT-7 CTW-1
StaticLivery2 = "trainer usmc vmat-102"-- SC / xxxx

local staticObj = {
  ["name"] = "CarrierStaticUSA Cat2 Skyhawk 1", -- unit name (Name this something identifiable if you wish to remove it later)

-- Copy and paste over this with the units information
  ["livery_id"] = StaticLivery2,
  ["category"] = "Planes",
  ["type"] = "A-4E-C",
  ["offsets"] =
  {
      ["y"] = -9.9126949063903,
      ["angle"] = 59.260074062465,
      ["x"] = 162.57322919126,
  }, -- end of ["offsets"]
-- Copy and paste over this with the units information end

-- these can be left as is, but is required.
  ["groupId"] = 1,        -- id's of the group/unit we're spawning (will auto increment if id taken?)
  ["unitId"] = 1,
  ["y"] = 0,          -- The initial location of the unit (required else unit will offset on origin of map)
  ["x"] = 0,          
  ["heading"] = 0,
  ["linkUnit"] = CarrierStaticUSA_ID, -- Set in mission editor with DO SCRIPT "CarrierStaticUSA_ID = #" where # is the id of the carrier
  ["linkOffset"] = true,
  ["dead"] = false,
}
coalition.addStaticObject(country.id.USA, staticObj) -- makes the object[/font]

You may note that the name of the static begins with "CarrierStaticUSA" - this is to enable easy bulk removal of statics on the carrier. Next, note the "["livery_id"] = StaticLivery2," line, which sets the livery for that aircraft to the USMC livery defined above. Third, note the line near the end with "["linkUnit"] = CarrierStaticUSA_ID" - this is to allow future static sets to be applied to/removed from multiple ships. This can be done on the Tarawa too, as well as any of the other warships on their helo decks, and I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work with Russian or other ships either. But I'm new around here, so not 100% sure yet.

Next up, I'll post some images of a combat launch with this kind of a packed deck, but with different combinations of aircraft. I'm working on a short video for this project as well. I'd welcome any feedback in the meantime, before I wrap up these Lua templates and make them available in the user files section.

Edited by Cacetudo

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason my Remove-Template.lua doesn't work.

I start the mission with a clean ship. Spawn the statics after 10 seconds (time more trigger) and after 20 seconds it should be clear again ( again time more trigger) but nothing happens.

I attached a screenshot of the remove lua and part of the spawn template so you can see my units naming.

Any ideas?

000c7cd1ffc718204bc7e527b777efce.thumb.jpg.a4cf593f5d513a65f265d783f2fd90cf.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I found out what it was: The remove-script can't work with "-" in the name-string.

Once I changed the name-prefixes from "TO-1-2-2.*" to "TO122.*" it worked flawlessly.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hey guys!

In the past days, after watching RedKite's video, I downloaded his templates and started creating my own. Yesterday I came across this error from DCS that I can't understand, everything seems fine to me, but the program won't load the .lua, because, it appears, it's expecting a } where, for what I can tell, there shouldn't be one.... I can't see any errors in the lua (but I'm no programmer, I mostly copied and pasted), can someone tell me what's wrong?

EDIT: Well, I found out: I was missing a comma in line 101, just behind the quotes. Thank you anyway to those who tried to help.

1f630141ae1e8822d1eb83b310aef2ce.thumb.jpg.096cbb33bfa74b462b4391c4da52ea3c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Redkite, question for you.

In the mass launch Tomcat lua I attempted to change the livery from "VF-32 Fighting Swordsmen 101" to "VF-24 Renegades Low-Viz" by changing all the Livery ID entries. It changed them all to the VF-103 Jolly Rogers Last Ride skin instead. Any idea why it would do that? (Or what I did incorrectly?)

Try "vf-24 renegades"

I had the same issue and for some reason the names are not consistent. I ended up adding a static Tomcat in the mission editor, saving it, and then opening up the mission file to find the exact livery description for that static Tomcat's UnitID. From what I've seen, the names are usually, but not always, consistent.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Hey Redkite, question for you.

In the mass launch Tomcat lua I attempted to change the livery from "VF-32 Fighting Swordsmen 101" to "VF-24 Renegades Low-Viz" by changing all the Livery ID entries. It changed them all to the VF-103 Jolly Rogers Last Ride skin instead. Any idea why it would do that? (Or what I did incorrectly?)

Similar Problem in an altered mass rec lua. - I have a self created skin named "VFA-87 1991" that works fine on the old AI FA18C when put in the ME but when the script is run the ED default skin is used. A Tomcatters CAG skin does similar but reverts to a Jolly Roger skin. Meanwhile other Tomcatter skins work fine.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Hi guys,

first of all thanks to @RedKite for these awesome scripts and templates!

I tried to implement them into a DCS:Liberation generated mission and still struggeling with it. The mission loads up without problems, but as soon as i hop into the cockpit i get a blank error message regarding a script error. Maybe somebody had the same idea and was able to successfully implement it?!

I have the same issue with liveries on the Tomcat. I can change the AI F-18 (from the bazaar dir) fine, but the aft Tomcats stays as the Jolley Rogers regardless which livery I select.

Script excerpt:

local staticObj = {

["name"] = "MassLaunch Fantail Tomcat 4", -- unit name (Name this something identifiable if you wish to remove it later)

-- Copy and paste over this with the units information

["livery_id"] = "VF-41 Black Aces AJ101 (1991)",

["category"] = "Planes",

["offsets"] =

{

["y"] = 12.199912370008,

["angle"] = 6.1086523819802,

["x"] = -152.76536092401,

}, -- end of ["offsets"]

["type"] = "F-14B",

-- Copy and paste over this with the units information end

My flight on the elevator is the livery specified

Attached screen shows result: VF41.thumb.png.3f5790bd7370e0b394163fb48551e706.png

VF41.thumb.png.4a16974d10499571824676688c69aa6b.png

• 2 months later...

For single player missions, I want to ramp start in certain spots. I know by blocking certain spawn spots you can manipulate where you can ramp start as a player. Is there a way to do this using templates, because I created a template that blocks the 6-pack, but when mission starts, I'm on top of the static object. However, if I insert a static object through the mission editor I spawn where I want to but that static object isn't part of the template. Therefore, my Remove Objects Template can't remove those static objects. Is this even possible?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Have a watch of these two videos.  Not a direct answer to you question, but I got a lot of understanding in the behind the scene way of how the SC treats AI and methods of sequencing launches. 

DCS Supercarrier - The "Flex Deck"

Guide: Sequential Launch Cycle in DCS Supercarrier Using Trigger

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 5:01 PM, Reccelow said:

DCS Supercarrier - The "Flex Deck"

Can anyone explain to me how, in the above video, it is possible to direct the first 2 sixpack aircraft and the 5 parked forward of the tower, to use CAT 1 only? No mater what I do, I have aircraft that still attempt to use CAT 2, and either get stuck because of the statics I've placed, or just taxi/launch through them.

Everything I create seems to follow the following diagram re parking positions and CAT use, whereas the video above somehow gets around this.

screen1.png

Me thinks we might see an addition to the placings on the boat. 
(I hope) 🙂
OP nice work.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/27/2021 at 3:07 AM, norman99 said:

Can anyone explain to me how, in the above video, it is possible to direct the first 2 sixpack aircraft and the 5 parked forward of the tower, to use CAT 1 only? No mater what I do, I have aircraft that still attempt to use CAT 2, and either get stuck because of the statics I've placed, or just taxi/launch through them.

Everything I create seems to follow the following diagram re parking positions and CAT use, whereas the video above somehow gets around this.

screen1.png

I think you'll have to play around with the "USS_Nimitz_RunwaysAndRoutes.lua" file. Maybe commenting out the "RunwayIdx = 2" section which seems to be Cat 2. Make sure you backup the file first.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

So commenting out the first 4 RunwayIdx sections doesn't allow any spawns on the first 4 six-pack spots, which is what I want in my SP missions. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to deactivate a Catapult like in the video. It's really annoying that the person did not provide the file or instructions on how to achieve this. I guess we have to figure it out like they did.

3 hours ago, pimp said:

So commenting out the first 4 RunwayIdx sections doesn't allow any spawns on the first 4 six-pack spots, which is what I want in my SP missions. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to deactivate a Catapult like in the video. It's really annoying that the person did not provide the file or instructions on how to achieve this. I guess we have to figure it out like they did.

I've been messing around with this for about an hour and this is what I got...and I've only tried it for spot two so far.

I changed the { RunwayIdx = 2,   to  {RunwayIdx = 1,      Then I changed the catapult 2     to catapult 1  ,   then I copied the four highlighted lines from spot one shown in the pic and pasted them into spot 2 under the 3rd line.

This has allowed the aircraft in parking spot 2, to taxi to and launch from CAT 1  ...every time with no bugs...so far

Not a good explanation but I'm guessing you can do this for any spawning point?   Here goes the rest of my evening. 

SC CAT 1_2.JPG

SC CAT1.JPG

• Thanks 2

THANK YOU. That was my missing piece. I knew it was something simple.

BTW, the "Then I changed the catapult 2     to catapult 1 " step is not needed. That's just a comment in the file. The code ignores those.